FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Theme][Substratum][5.x-7.x] Material Glass

2,783 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,129

Post Reply Email Thread
Let your wallpaper shine beneath material darkness!

I proudly present to you my first cm based system theme! As I'm still only getting into things, there may be lots of issues that need fixing. Also note that Cyanogenmod has only just merged the theme code, and will need to undergo significant changes before everything is as theme friendly as lollipop. Theme choosers are more restricted than regular zips/vrthemes, so please bear with me as I figure things out.

Themed Components
  • Updated list in the app UI

---SYSTEM---
  • Framework-res
  • SystemUI
  • Settings
  • Cell Broadcast Receiver
  • Documents UI
  • Face Lock
  • Phone
  • Telecom
  • CyanogenMod Account
  • CyanogenMod Music Player (Eleven)
  • Cyanogenmod Lock Clock
  • Cyanogenmod Setup Wizard
  • Cyanogenmod Trebuchet
  • Cyanogenmod Updater
  • Cyanogenmod Theme Chooser
  • Euphoria OTA

---AOSP---
  • Calculator
  • Contacts
  • Desk Clock
  • Dialer
  • AOSP Keyboard
  • Launcher 3
  • MMS

---GOOGLE---
  • Google + (in xda version)
  • Gmail
  • Google Search
  • Google Now
  • Youtube (bug fix only)
  • Google Keyboard
  • Google Handwriting

---USER---
  • K9-Mail
  • Notification Manager (xposed)
  • SnapPref (xposed)
  • Snapchat (light touches)
  • Nova Launcher
  • Xposed
  • Hells Core Kernel Updater
  • Switchr
  • Ebay (notification fix)
  • Adobe Acrobat (in xda version)
  • ModernHub (in xda version)

What are you waiting for? Download now!

Free Version - auto updates on the play store; generally stable with the core components themed
XDA Version (no mirrors please) - beta apk's containing the bleeding edge of glass darkness
I have decided not to do a pro version anymore. All stable additions will be added to the free version. You'll have the option to donate via the app or via paypal though.

Bug Reports

As the theme chooser is still in alpha, there are lots of issues, pertaining to both the theme itself and the apps it modifies. As such, bug reports will be quite necessary for development.

Before submitting one, please take a look at the FAQ and bug/issues sections in the app itself. Then, send me an email from the app (where the system info will be added automatically), as well as any screenshots/logs that might help. I will try to resolve the issues as quickly as I can.

Screenshots

Want more clearness?

Check out
Google + Beta:

Want to help test out the beta builds? They are essentially the play store builds that are released to a small audience before being sent to public production. Opt in to beta from this community.

Credits:

@djdarkknight96 for always helping me and tirelessly answering literally every single question I've had about theming.

XDA:DevDB Information
Material Glass, Theme for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
asdfasdfvful
Source Code: https://github.com/PitchedApps/Mater...ass-Substratum

Version Information

Created 2015-01-17
Last Updated 2017-04-23
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-19-16-54-44.jpg
Views:	51324
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	3130663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-19-16-54-37.jpg
Views:	51008
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	3130664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-21-22-26-26.jpg
Views:	50308
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	3130665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-21-22-26-43.jpg
Views:	48756
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	3130666  
Quick Reply Reply
The Following 189 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free

17th January 2015, 05:48 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Themer
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
To the Themers

I have always believed in open source projects, and have open sourced Material Glass since day 1. This is a great way to see the works of a very in depth theme, but it is NOT an invitation to copy and serve as your own. As of this edit, Material Glass is Substratum based, and I have tools that can help you build your themes more easily here. The repo also contains Travis integration for automated test builds, which you are free to use for yourself.

To the Users

The primary download location for the Substratum builds are on AFH as I don't find them stable enough to be on the play store. They are also updated as Github releases which you are free to follow, as well as the automated test releases. Think of these builds as small deltas, that only contain overlays that are being worked on. Hope you enjoy the theme!
Quick Reply Reply
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 05:48 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Themer
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Material Glass Boot Animation

This is not a flashable zip; move it manually and rename it to "bootanimation.zip". If you don't know how to do this, then don't use it please (just use the cm theme and apply it through there).

v1
Quick Reply Reply
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 06:09 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Thanks man, I'll try when Euphoria obtain Theme Engine 😀
Quick Reply Reply
17th January 2015, 06:11 AM |#5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, Tx
Thanks Meter: 2,671

Donate to Me
More
I was looking for a theme to test on my new Screw'd build w/ Theme Engine. Works great!!
Quick Reply Reply
17th January 2015, 06:38 AM |#6  
OP Recognized Themer
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Thanks! As system apps are not completely in my control, I might go ahead and theme some user apps first. Hopefully Tapatalk will be clear in the next update

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Quick Reply Reply
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 07:55 AM |#7  
@asdfasdfvful maybe you can give @_moelle some pointers on making his darkness mod for Blisspop into a theme?
Quick Reply Reply
The Following User Says Thank You to TheKnux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheKnux Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 08:02 AM |#8  
OP Recognized Themer
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
He can pm me if necessary. Making the theme and the zip are almost the same thing, except you have more restrictions on the theme chooser

Quick Reply Reply
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 08:08 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

He can pm me if necessary. Making the theme and the zip are almost the same thing, except you have more restrictions on the theme chooser

Well he definitely has the mod down, it's just every time a new nightly is released, he has to go in and change things to get it to work until the next nightly. If he can just make it a theme, he wouldn't have to worry about changing it every time a new version of the rom is released.
Quick Reply Reply
17th January 2015, 08:23 AM |#10  
OP Recognized Themer
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnux

Well he definitely has the mod down, it's just every time a new nightly is released, he has to go in and change things to get it to work until the next nightly. If he can just make it a theme, he wouldn't have to worry about changing it every time a new version of the rom is released.

I understand. Please note that the roms are still not fully compatible with theme choosers. All the hex needs to be moved out of Java and layouts before we can fully theme it. As such, things like the settings app can't be changed. Creating the app is almost the same as making the zip, which is why I'm asking the other themer to pm me if he has issues. But as of now, our main concern is pushing commits to get the ability to theme and to just wait for it all to clear up

Quick Reply Reply
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 09:46 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Themer
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Next build won't be in a while. Theme engine is still in its early stages so adding anything else causes the system to crash. I'll keep you guys updated

Quick Reply Reply
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)