Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][TW][Deodexed][5.1.1][SM-G530T][SM-G530T1] Gwiz-Rom v1.1

2,555 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,735

By DUHAsianSKILLZ, Senior Member on 8th May 2016, 03:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am proud to present the first custom touchwiz based rom for our T-Mobile Galaxy Grand Prime! I have used the latest Samsung Firmware and made changes accordingly myself. THIS HAS ALSO BEEN CONFIRMED WORKING ON SM-G530T1!

First off, I am not the best developer here so I can't fix everything. This rom was created with Superrr Kitchen and used apktool to mod a few applications. I saw that stock touchwiz was filled with a bunch of bloatware so I decided to create one with all of this removed. This rom is currently working with no issues on my T-Mobile Galaxy Grand Prime and I prefer it a lot better than stock.

ROM FEATURES
-Based on OF8 Base
-Debloated!
-Removed T-Mobile apps
-Build Prop Mods
-Deodexed
-Galaxy S7 Bootanimation from its firmware
-Rooted
-Knox Removed
-More things are to be included in later versions

BUGS:
From my testing, I have not experienced any bugs. Please let me know if there are if any.

DOWNLOAD:
Gwiz SM-G530T V1.1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24531035584725535

FUTURE SUPPORT?
I will post updated builds when I can but not very often. Future builds will include themes and other mods.

INSTRUCTIONS
Note: I am in no way responsible for what happens to your device when flashing this rom. You must be rooted with Shinyside's trap kernel installed! This rom contains no kernel and such in its zip. You simply must have Trap Kernel installed beforehand.
1. Backup your device and download the rom
2. Download and install FlashFire http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/chainfi...-apk-download/
3. Open flashfire and hit the + button. Now make sure you have "Davlik Cache, "Cache, System data and 3rd Party Apps" checked.
4. Flash Gwiz Rom with FLASHFIRE using the FLASH ZIP/OTA option
(do not use FLASH FIRMWARE PACKAGE)
5. Confirm and flash it!
Note: During the flash process, your screen will be black for atleast 5 minutes. Do not touch your device when it is flashing. You will know it flashed successfully when it reboots itself.

Special Thanks:
@ShinySide for making Trap Kernel for us. Without it we wouldn't have root!
-Superrr for his amazing kitchen
@redeyezzjay4148 For testing on Metro PCS SM-G530T1.

Please do not mirror my builds or take things from my rom. If you want to use it as a base or somesort, please ask first.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DUHAsianSKILLZ Ad-Free

8th May 2016, 03:17 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

More
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DUHAsianSKILLZ Ad-Free
8th May 2016, 03:18 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

More
Screenshots
The Following User Says Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DUHAsianSKILLZ Ad-Free
8th May 2016, 10:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Yay!!! This should work with the metro version as well correct. SM-530T1..

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

It works flawlessly for my SM-530t1
9th May 2016, 12:44 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyezzjay4148

Yay!!! This should work with the metro version as well correct. SM-530T1..

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

It works flawlessly for my SM-530t1

Thanks for testing! Does LTE and Data function normally? Only asking because I only have T-Mobile.
9th May 2016, 02:01 AM |#6  

More
Yes they do thus far. Only issue so far was when I restarted it, it would boot and show a black screen with just my battery stat and time. I pulled battery and it booted up fine since
The Following User Says Thank You to redeyezzjay4148 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redeyezzjay4148 Ad-Free
9th May 2016, 04:21 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyezzjay4148

Yes they do thus far. Only issue so far was when I restarted it, it would boot and show a black screen with just my battery stat and time. I pulled battery and it booted up fine since

Thanks for your feedback! It probably didnt load SystemUI correctly when rebooting, tends to happen once in a while for my devices. If you have any suggestions for what I should in the next build, let me know! I plan on themeing and inverting many apps in the future.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
9th May 2016, 08:33 AM |#8  

More
Sweet, I look forward to it!
9th May 2016, 12:04 PM |#9  
Flag Pakokku
Thanks Meter: 966

More
I tested on SMG530F 5.0.2
Bugs
Rotate
Camera fail
Please tell me how to fix it.
9th May 2016, 04:02 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minsetnaing

I tested on SMG530F 5.0.2
Bugs
Rotate
Camera fail
Please tell me how to fix it.

This rom was made from the T-Mobile Firmware so I can't help you on fixing it for devices such as SM-G530F. Sorry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DUHAsianSKILLZ Ad-Free
9th May 2016, 04:51 PM |#11  
Flag Pakokku
Thanks Meter: 966

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

This rom was made from the T-Mobile Firmware so I can't help you on fixing it for devices such as SM-G530F. Sorry.

Ok brother....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)