[ROM][TW][Deodexed][5.1.1][SM-G530T][SM-G530T1] Gwiz-Rom v1.1

Search This thread

kenny54

Oct 31, 2015
BRICKED

i flahshed the rom and it think it worked, I had got a new boot animation but im stuck on it. I pulled the battery out and since I got cwm it automatically reboots into into recovery but all it does is turn black. Smartswitch isn't picking it up leaving with the only option of odin. Please tell me that will work!!!

jdoggawesomex900

Nov 29, 2014
Modesto
i flahshed the rom and it think it worked, I had got a new boot animation but im stuck on it. I pulled the battery out and since I got cwm it automatically reboots into into recovery but all it does is turn black. Smartswitch isn't picking it up leaving with the only option of odin. Please tell me that will work!!!

Yes you will search up your stock rom and flash it with odin.And when you finish you can download this rom again but remember you cannot flash big zips/files with twrp
or that philz touch cwm crap your using as they are made for completely different partitions.You can only flash this and other big files for this device with flashfire until there is a custom recovery made for this device.

Reactions: cave.man1908

Noe Morin

Dec 28, 2015
Samsung Kies 3 is a LOT safer. As long as the phone is plugged in, there is no risk..

Sent from my SM-G530T using XDA-Developers mobile app

kenny54

Oct 31, 2015
Yes you will search up your stock rom and flash it with odin.And when you finish you can download this rom again but remember you cannot flash big zips/files with twrp
or that philz touch cwm crap your using as they are made for completely different partitions.You can only flash this and other big files for this device with flashfire until there is a custom recovery made for this device.
I know I used flashfire to flash the rom and still got bricked

jdoggawesomex900

Nov 29, 2014
Modesto
I know I used flashfire to flash the rom and still got bricked

Hope you followed all the instructions.It took 20 minutes for It to lad up on my first boot.clear all data cache and apps in flashfire anf have use the flashfire zip/ota option,have bootloader unlocked in settings,have trapkernel installed before installing this.Followed all that leave your phone alone for 30 minutes while rom is installing.those are the instructions

kenny54

Oct 31, 2015
Hope you followed all the instructions.It took 20 minutes for It to lad up on my first boot.clear all data cache and apps in flashfire anf have use the flashfire zip/ota option,have bootloader unlocked in settings,have trapkernel installed before installing this.Followed all that leave your phone alone for 30 minutes while rom is installing.those are the instructions
I probably messed up when I took out the battery when it was on the boot I didn't wait.

NachoBusiness

Mar 23, 2016
Well if I don't start seeing some sign of serious development for this model, I'm going to start considering doing something about it on my own and procrastinating until someone else starts putting in some work.

Reactions: redeyezzjay4148

Noe Morin

Dec 28, 2015
Well if I don't start seeing some sign of serious development for this model, I'm going to start considering doing something about it on my own and procrastinating until someone else starts putting in some work.
It's nobody's fault that there is no work on your variant. If you're so desperate, buy a different model phone or do some work yourself. Don't expect for everything to be handed to you..

Noe Morin

Dec 28, 2015
It's nobody's fault that there is no work on your variant. If you're so desperate, buy a different model phone or do some work yourself. Don't expect for everything to be handed to you.. stop throwing tantrums.

Noe Morin

Dec 28, 2015
It's nobody's fault that there is no work on your variant. If you're so desperate, buy a different model phone or do some work yourself. Don't expect for everything to be handed to you.. stop throwing tantrums.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

NachoBusiness

Mar 23, 2016
Haha, was my light sarcasm made in jest akin to a tantrum? Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to react so negatively. If I was truly upset, I would be either finding a solution of my own initiative or simply keeping quiet on the subject, rather than suggest I might talk about starting some development of my own yet admitting that I wouldn't ever actually make a real attempt. I thought my humour was quite obvious but I guess it managed to go over your head by a fair amount. A tantrum, really. ��
For the record, I'm rooted with the supersu binary, have twrp, a custom kernel with se set to permissive, viper4android and then with 3c toolbox, adw, and assorted other apps I'm really quite content with the amount of improvements I've been able to make when compared to the stock firmware. Especially given that there's no real active support for this variant that I've seen, which apparently is no joking matter. Regardless, I may be lacking in what you consider quality stand up material, but I can assure you I didn't intend any of my last comment to come across as some sort of childish fit.
EDIT: I don't know how I could have forgotten, the xposed framework is also available for 350w. Would be nice to see a custom rom or two, but there's enough support to improve this phone significantly if you put a little effort into it. My tears are nearly dry now.

Last edited:
Reactions: redeyezzjay4148

japnet

May 31, 2016
helsinki
Thanks for rom,
will it remove sim lock for locked T-mobile SM-G530T?

No, it doesn't. After I flashed the Rom on SM-G530T, the network lock was still there.
I have reflashed the stock,installed Shortcut Master and hope that I will find the right hidden menu to unlock it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am proud to present the first custom touchwiz based rom for our T-Mobile Galaxy Grand Prime! I have used the latest Samsung Firmware and made changes accordingly myself. THIS HAS ALSO BEEN CONFIRMED WORKING ON SM-G530T1!

First off, I am not the best developer here so I can't fix everything. This rom was created with Superrr Kitchen and used apktool to mod a few applications. I saw that stock touchwiz was filled with a bunch of bloatware so I decided to create one with all of this removed. This rom is currently working with no issues on my T-Mobile Galaxy Grand Prime and I prefer it a lot better than stock.

ROM FEATURES
    -Based on OF8 Base
    -Debloated!
    -Removed T-Mobile apps
    -Build Prop Mods
    -Deodexed
    -Galaxy S7 Bootanimation from its firmware
    -Rooted
    -Knox Removed
    -More things are to be included in later versions

BUGS:
    From my testing, I have not experienced any bugs. Please let me know if there are if any.

DOWNLOAD:
    Gwiz SM-G530T V1.1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24531035584725535

FUTURE SUPPORT?
    I will post updated builds when I can but not very often. Future builds will include themes and other mods.

INSTRUCTIONS
    Note: I am in no way responsible for what happens to your device when flashing this rom. You must be rooted with Shinyside's trap kernel installed! This rom contains no kernel and such in its zip. You simply must have Trap Kernel installed beforehand.
    1. Backup your device and download the rom
    2. Download and install FlashFire http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/chainf...elease/flashfire-0-32-3-android-apk-download/
    3. Open flashfire and hit the + button. Now make sure you have "Davlik Cache, "Cache, System data and 3rd Party Apps" checked.
    4. Flash Gwiz Rom with FLASHFIRE using the FLASH ZIP/OTA option
    (do not use FLASH FIRMWARE PACKAGE)
    5. Confirm and flash it!
    Note: During the flash process, your screen will be black for atleast 5 minutes. Do not touch your device when it is flashing. You will know it flashed successfully when it reboots itself.

Special Thanks:
    @ShinySide for making Trap Kernel for us. Without it we wouldn't have root!
    -Superrr for his amazing kitchen
    @redeyezzjay4148 For testing on Metro PCS SM-G530T1.

Please do not mirror my builds or take things from my rom. If you want to use it as a base or somesort, please ask first.
    does this has wifi calling?
    I tested on SMG530F 5.0.2
    Bugs
    Rotate
    Camera fail
    Please tell me how to fix it.

This rom was made from the T-Mobile Firmware so I can't help you on fixing it for devices such as SM-G530F. Sorry.
    Thanx you rock. i re flashed from metro to tmobile firmware first just to be safe cause i dont mind the t mobile stuff cause i know how touchy exposed is and its working perfect so far!

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

Thanks for rom,
    will it remove sim lock for locked T-mobile SM-G530T?

Im pretty sure T-mobile will do that for you if you've had your phone for 90days. at least thats what metro does but if your referring to FRP lock i figured out a little work around and put together a tutorial hit me up if your interested it worked for me. (((((SUPER STOKED ON THIS DEODEXED ROM!!!!!))))):cool: