FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SM-S920L (Straight Talk[Verizon]) Galaxy Grand Prime 5.0.2

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By hondais1, Member on 19th November 2015, 08:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since there is absolutely ZERO info about this cell, I think those of us should share little what we have. Im uploading a STOCK KERNEL and STOCK RECOVERY file using the FLASHIFY.apk. I am rooted using KINGROOT! The STOCK rom is 5.0.2!

STOCK KERNEL
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...ew?usp=sharing

STOCK RECOVERY
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...ew?usp=sharing

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hondais1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hondais1 Ad-Free

20th November 2015, 09:59 PM |#2  
Flag Hanover
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Excellent. The only other person besides myself in the world with this variant. I have posted the the boot.img,recovery.img, and build.prop in another thread to have a custom recovery made, but havent heard anything back yet.
1st December 2015, 01:53 AM |#3  
Flag Claremont, N.H
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
I too am having an issue finding anything for this phone. Not to tech savvy myself but I'm sure something will come soon. Black Friday at Walmart sold a ton of these phones so I'm sure it won't be long.
1st December 2015, 08:05 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
+1 person
Me too man bought on Black friday and looking to unlock this for t mobile . Let's see what happen ??
EDIT:- Is someone is using for other network than straightalk ??
1st December 2015, 11:32 AM |#5  
Flag Oneonta, NY
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
I too snagged this phone at Walmart on Black Thursday right after a hearty meal of turkey and all the fixin's lol. So far, all I've been able to really accomplish on this device is to root it with KingRoot, replace KingRoot with SuperSU and enable tethering. We really do need a custom recovery for this variant. A permissive kernel would be nice too.
2nd December 2015, 05:35 AM |#6  
Flag Peoria IL
Thanks Meter: 49

Donate to Me
More
I bought one of these phones from black Friday online from Wal-mart the Straight Talk model but online it shows S920C instead of S920L.... Does anyone know the difference?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/46716426

I don't have the device in hand yet, should be here by the 4th to verify the model number. I posted the link though.
The Following User Says Thank You to James L For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift James L Ad-Free
2nd December 2015, 07:19 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Update
I have a SM-S920L(As screenshot above) and i bought from Best buy and it is locked to Tracfone. I called to cell representative and he told me that it can be unlock after 1 year of use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James L

I bought one of these phones from black Friday online from Wal-mart the Straight Talk model but online it shows S920C instead of S920L.... Does anyone know the difference?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/46716426

I don't have the device in hand yet, should be here by the 4th to verify the model number. I posted the link though.

The Following User Says Thank You to swapn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swapn Ad-Free
2nd December 2015, 05:37 PM |#8  
Flag Claremont, N.H

Donate to Me
More
When trying to update the software from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 it says update temperarally unavailable I called Samsung and there is an update but for some reason I can't get it anyone else have this problem?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanHutchins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanHutchins Ad-Free
2nd December 2015, 06:31 PM |#9  
Flag Hanover

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHutchins

When trying to update the software from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 it says update temperarally unavailable I called Samsung and there is an update but for some reason I can't get it anyone else have this problem?

I've read somewhere that in order to update you have to get a new SIM card from Straight talk. I myself haven't test this theory so if anyone is able to update after doing so, please post your results for the rest of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hydro_Axis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hydro_Axis Ad-Free
2nd December 2015, 06:49 PM |#10  
Flag Claremont, N.H

Donate to Me
More
I read the same just was wondering if there was another way thanks for the info.
2nd December 2015, 06:51 PM |#11  
Flag Hanover

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHutchins

I read the same just was wondering if there was another way thanks for the info.

If you do find another way let us know. Seems like a pain just to get an update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)