[GUIDE] [STOCK ROM] [ODIN] Flashing Stock Rom

Search This thread

shattlebip

Jul 31, 2018
On my Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G531F, I am in stuck a boot loop with "Custom binary blocked by FRP" after my first attempt (ever) at a custom ROM. I *did* get the ROM installed and running, but then I messed with Xposed (?) and installed it when I should not have. That is what has put me in this loop.

HOWEVER, these instructions are not solving the problem for me! Although Odin does flash and gives me a green "Pass" sign, the phone stays in the loop when it reboots. Where do I go from here?

Note that it won't allow me to boot into recovery, either... only download. I did try to flash TWRP again, but that gets refused because of the FRP.

Many thanks in advance...

A couple of hours later, I figured this out... Maybe the reason can be useful to others.

In fact, the original stock ROM that I had downloaded from "sammobile" turned out to have a problem. I suddenly realized that, as it flashed, it zipped through really fast. I downloaded the stock ROM again, and this time it took a few minutes to flash... as I would have expected. When it was done, it booted! So, I'm back in business to go do it again. ;)

So, if you are having similar issues, check your stock ROM download.

D

Deleted member 8530624

Just to complement the Opening Post, if you are in Linux or Mac OS you don't need to go to a windows computer because of ODIN.
There is another program that works very well on my Manjaro Linux to flash ROMs and it's called Heimdall

https://www.glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/

It is the same way to use as Odin but, you have to extract the PIT file first, very easy from Download mode.

MrMcTiller

Jun 17, 2018
Flashing Stock Rom for Samsung Grand Prime

When you are attempt to install rom kernel tweaks etc by instruction when something wrong happened to your phone is brick this is the only way to revert your phone to stock rom and fixing the brick phone which means you are going to in android kitkat 4.4.4 in your phone no modified. in this process if your phone brick neither xda nor me will not responsible for it do at your own risk. these guide is tested on grand prime

i have made this guide for noobs who want to flash their phone

Want to Understand firmware name go here credit @marcussmith2626

Required
1.Samsung USB Driver
2.Odin from here http://odindownload.com/ Please Download Odin 3.0.7 otherwise you will get error
3.Stcok Firmware (In the search box enter your model then select your region then download)
4.Please Maintain battery between 40+
5.PC or Laptop
6.USB

Instructions
Don't Skip any step
1.Download the USB Driver Install in our computer
2.Download the firmware from and extract you will see file tar.md5
3.Power off your grand prime
4.Boot into download mode by pushing volume down + home + power together
5.Press volume up
6.Connect the usb between mobile and computer
7.Extract Odin zip
8.Open Odin.exe
9.When You open you will see yellow color in BOX that means your phone is connected
10.Now Click on PDA and browse to the extract of the firmware and select where the file is firmware file located
11.When the process complete unplug your phone
12.when your phone reboot remove your battery
13.Now push Volume up + power + home together to go in recovery
14.Now navigate to wipe data reset by pressing volume up /down
15.Click on wipe data reset by pressing power
16.Again Navigate to reboot system now and click on it
27.Be patient first boot may take time

Credits
@marcussmith2626
samsung
xda
I can't seem to find a stock rom for my Grand Prime. The website provided says that the rom is currently unavailable for free download. Please help!

D

Deleted member 8530624

I can't seem to find a stock rom for my Grand Prime. The website provided says that the rom is currently unavailable for free download. Please help!
Did you read what they say?
Code:
Maintenance free download server. Free downloads are back on Friday (CEST). Our apologies for the inconvenience
In other words, you can download from other website or wait until friday (29th november)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashing Stock Rom for Samsung Grand Prime

When you are attempt to install rom kernel tweaks etc by instruction when something wrong happened to your phone is brick this is the only way to revert your phone to stock rom and fixing the brick phone which means you are going to in android kitkat 4.4.4 in your phone no modified. in this process if your phone brick neither xda nor me will not responsible for it do at your own risk. these guide is tested on grand prime

i have made this guide for noobs who want to flash their phone

Want to Understand firmware name go here credit @marcussmith2626

Required
    1.Samsung USB Driver
    2.Odin from here http://odindownload.com/ Please Download Odin 3.0.7 otherwise you will get error
    3.Stcok Firmware (In the search box enter your model then select your region then download)
    4.Please Maintain battery between 40+
    5.PC or Laptop
    6.USB

Instructions
    Don't Skip any step
    1.Download the USB Driver Install in our computer
    2.Download the firmware from and extract you will see file tar.md5
    3.Power off your grand prime
    4.Boot into download mode by pushing volume down + home + power together
    5.Press volume up
    6.Connect the usb between mobile and computer
    7.Extract Odin zip
    8.Open Odin.exe
    9.When You open you will see yellow color in BOX that means your phone is connected
    10.Now Click on PDA and browse to the extract of the firmware and select where the file is firmware file located
    11.When the process complete unplug your phone
    12.when your phone reboot remove your battery
    13.Now push Volume up + power + home together to go in recovery
    14.Now navigate to wipe data reset by pressing volume up /down
    15.Click on wipe data reset by pressing power
    16.Again Navigate to reboot system now and click on it
    27.Be patient first boot may take time

Credits
    @marcussmith2626
    samsung
    xda
    awesome...:good::good:
    For those who get Only one file in extracted file you need to select the file as pda

already did that with both firmwares, using odin 3.07 and 3.09, both failed n same error
    This is how i did.....

I hvae 3.0.7 and 3.10.6 Odin3.

Downloaded the driver... installed it....
    I just put the stock rom file in PDA and booted my phone to download mod.. . .. . . . .
    Waited it to show the word added in the white box section in the tool...dn pressed start....
    After its finished let it reboot nd dnt take the cable out.... (just like that)
    (If u want.... go to the recovery and format it and done) or else its already done.;)

No probs . :fingers-crossed::good:
    FAIL (AUTH)

For ppl who try flashing your device with new released firmware and got a message say "FAIL (AUTH)" in your odin,.. it is means you downloaded the wrong firmware region and that firmware is not compatible with your device..

You can try download another firmware region and re-try flash you device,..

My device is SM-G530H made in vietnam, i bough this phone on my country indonesian,..
    The firmware worked for my device is kazakhstan region (i flashed it on early Feb and worked well) and also indonesian region (i flashed it on early March and worked well also)

Hope this helps