SM-G530AZ Possible bootloader unlock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey peeps, i also have this cricket version and I am currently trying to get some of the secure checks off, and I came across an apk that is normally only available to chinese customers, I guess they have to allow bootloader unlocks, so I ran across this file and installed it it opens and seems to have allowed for custom boot image, which if correct is good news, however I flashed an unofficial recovery just to see how that went and still got the secure check error but only on recovery this time, which i also discovered if you get this error while testing a recovery don't fret you have a couple of options the easiest for me i found that once you get that message reboot into download mode by holding power/vol down/home button once it starts to boot release power while still holding the other buttons then when prompted press volume up to enter download mode from here you can reflash the original recovery orrrrr their seems to be a loophole in the secure check here that i have found to be handy. you can just hold power from here as if you will reboot while having the phone plugged up to usb power mine was on pc usb. As soon as phone vibrates let go of power you should now be at the charging screen wait til you get the grahpic of the battery actually charging now hold power again to reboot seems to work. Now below I will post link to the apk i used for bootloader unlock, I am interested to see if other peeps have success with the cricket version, so we can move on to cracking the remaining checks to get a custom recovery on this device. This CROM does for sure work on some S6 devices and it looks like it does on ours too, but for whatever reason i still get checks for recovery anyhow a more experienced dev if you have this device please take a look and see for yourself.
    I'm trying to get all apks from variants that allowed oem unlock from settings/developer settings I think of we can trash our settings and replace with those we may be in business without having to hex edit the aboot and/or boot. I was lookin through some database files as well and I think something I read may be telling the byte that controls security checks not completely sure just yet but it sure seems that way...also I think if we could change the csc app to a diferent variants it could be needed. Not sure but just a few ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
    I have successfully rooted, unlocked bootloader and flashed stock kernel using Odin.
    How did u manage that can u share what was done...
    I have successfully rooted, unlocked bootloader and flashed stock kernel using Odin.
    Share with us what was done...