Successfully rooted Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H - By Mohan

Search This thread

biggalaxy

Jan 6, 2012
Finally i rooted my new Grand Prime successfully :)

I so desparately wanted to root my new Grand Prime so I tried rooting by myself as it wasn't available by chainfire.

I haven't done much here, I just modified few files of CF-Auto-Root which was made for different device by chainfire.

Couldn't attach the file here as the size is 44MB

Download it from here: h t t p : / / d - h . s t / AWH
(remove spaces in the above link)

sad i'm not allowed to post links here yet :(

The zip archive contains:
Odin v3.07
2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5
1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Rooting method is simple.

Boot device into download mode and flash the first file: 2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5

Wait for the device to reboot and again boot into download mode and flash the second file: 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Now after the device has finished reboot you can see SuperSU installed. Open it and it will ask to disable knox notification... Press Cancel.

If SuperSU asks for su binary update, just press the Normal button.

Hope this helps someone :)

Edit:
Sorry guys, something went wrong while renaming the flash files. I have updated the above link which now works... Thanks...

Last edited:

dangnhap01

Mar 23, 2013
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

EDIT: Worked,like a charm
thanks so much man.I think XDA have to create a section for this device soon

Last edited:
Reactions: Rufiq Javadov

alimi6

Nov 12, 2014
my phone is Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H
Android Version: 4.4.4
Build No: KTU84P.G530HXXU1ANII
is this method for this firmware
sorry but i am kinda noob in rooting plz reply:confused:

Last edited:

sonhiep

Oct 25, 2010
Mình đã root được tuy nhiên không thể post link lên được, hic...

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Bạn nào muốn root thì vào diễn đàn tinhte . vn tìm trong mục hỏi đáp nhé, mình đã post bài hướng dẫn lên đó rồi.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

I so desparately wanted to root my new Grand Prime so I tried rooting by myself as it wasn't available by chainfire.

I haven't done much here, I just modified few files of CF-Auto-Root which was made for different device by chainfire.

Odin v3.07

Boot device into download mode and flash the first file: 2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5

Wait for the device to reboot and again boot into download mode and flash the second file: 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Now after the device has finished reboot you can see SuperSU installed. Open it and it will ask to disable knox notification... Press Cancel.

Edit:
Sorry guys, something went wrong while renaming the flash files. I have updated the above link which now works... Thanks...

Do you have new recovery for galaxy grand prime? please me.... Thank you!

reyzazel

Sep 11, 2009
Monterrey
Files in Media Fire

Original Files from biggalaxy in Media Fire...

mediafire.... /download/wx8evy0avcjkne4/2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.tar.md5

mediafire... /download/b48dowhhqqbq322/1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Odin v3.07

Edit:
    Finally? :)

Lol, Thanks for great work. I am downloading and will test now.. :):D:good:
    Effective way to root device - fix for most reboot and bootloop issues

Hi folks, I had rooted my device using this method and I experienced bootloops.
    I feel the problem was that I was using a newer update of KitKat while this root method used an older recovery build.
    So before trying my method, please backup data.
    OPTION 1
    Step 1. Download this build http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/35763/G530HXXU1ANII_G530HODD1ANI5_INS/

Step 2. Factory reset device and flash the above build using ODIN (Google up how to use ODIN to flash builds)

Step 3. Root your SGP using the root method given in OP

You're done. This worked for me. I have an SM-G530H on
    Build Number- G530HXXU1ANII
    Baseband- G530HDDU1ANI3

OPTION 2
    1. Go to http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
    2. Find the right version for your phone.
    3. Dowload CF Auto root for your device
    4. Find the right corresponding firmware version supported from SamMobile
    eg. Right now CF Auto Root is on Version NJ2 for SM-G530H so I flash NJ2 build from Sam Mobile (NJ2 is last 3 characters of build number)
    Then download NJ2 build from SamMobile and flash using ODIN
    5. Flash the right firmware build as per CF Auto root version
    6. Flash CF auto root as per instructions
    (BASIC INSTRUCTIONS
    All downloads contain .tar.md5 files flashable in ODIN as PDA.

Make sure your device is in ODIN download mode (usually you can get there by holding VolDown+Home+Power when the device is turned off), then start the included Odin3-v1.85.exe file, press the PDA button, select the .tar.md5 file, and click Start. You can find more detailed instructions and assistance at XDA.

A modified recovery and cache partition will be flashed, which will install (only) SuperSU, then clean-up the cache partition and re-flash the stock recovery.

For the root to work, the device must reboot into recovery. Most devices will do this automatically after flashing these files, but in case that does not happen, please boot into recovery manually.)
    7. Done
    NOTE: I haven't tried OPTION 2

Cheers. Looking forward to some great development for this device :good:
    Kingroot 4.0

Attention please Ehem ehem.
    Guys i know a method and its really working
    -It runs smooth
    -no recovery problem
    -does not trip knox
    I saw the video of droidmodder x its really working dude
    Try this
    download kingroot 4.0 --> kingroot(dot)net/root
    Just install the apk and press the blue button below then boom shakalaka(HighOnAndroid)
    Enjoying this root method before the lollipop update this late May
    (After rooting)
    If you want ...you can uninstall the kingroot & kingmaster(chinese app) and keep the kinguser for root permission

I loved thanks :)
    Pls watch my video youtube(dot)com/eEBFHV8Tt78

(working)

Odin v3.07

Edit:

Works fantastic on the New Unreleased Cricket Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530AZ! No issues installed titanium and uninstalled some system apps to test and its golden no issues so FAR!:good::fingers-crossed: