By buenajuan300, Member on 7th January 2017, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

• What is XOSP and how was it born?
    • XOSP stands for the Xperia Open Source Project. The project was initially created by me (@nilac) for the Galaxy S+ (my old device) years ago. Back then the ROM was called S+ Reborn. The vision was to create a minimal bloat free ROM which included Sony Xperia specific apps and various tweaks users would expect from a custom ROM.
      S+ Reborn became a success and was eventually ported to different devices so from there I rebranded and XOSP project was founded. I worked on the project for 2 years always trying to improve it. Eventually, Because of the fact Lollipop was buggy on my Galaxy S+ (Which I maintained xosp for at the time) I decided to take a break from development until I got my hands on the Zenfone 2 in 2015 and from then I started again the development of XOSP and continued it ever since.
  • What Represents a Release and what represents a Revision?
    • Revisions include small changes such as bug fixes/improvments etc.. (Usually there are made like 3 revisions per-release).
      Releases are the main "stable" builds with all new planned features implemented and bugs fixed.

• You can find all the included features right:

• You can find the list of current issues in the ROM right:

First time installing XOSP on your Grand Prime, or coming from another ROM?
  • Download latest build,XOSPApps and GApps
  • Reboot recovery
  • Wipe data factory reset
  • Flash latest XOSP
  • Flash GApps
  • Flash XOSPApps (Optional)
  • Reboot

Upgrading from earlier release or revision of XOSP:
  • Reboot recovery
  • Flash latest XOSP
  • Flash GApps if necessary
  • Flash XOSPApps (Optional)
  • Wipe cache and dalvik
  • Reboot

• @nilac and XOSP Team
  • Lineage OS for the base sources
  • Sony and the Xperia Community
  • Resurrection Remix Team
  • AICP Team
  • @malybru for the XOSP banner
  • Mihir Mistry for the XOSP logo

XDA:DevDB Information
XOSP G531H/BT, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
buenajuan300, doesntexist
Source Code: https://github.com/XOSP-Project/platform_manifest

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.0+
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Alpha
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-06

Created 2017-01-07
Last Updated 2017-05-17
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to buenajuan300 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buenajuan300 Ad-Free

7th January 2017, 02:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	1483757377558.jpg
Views:	3000
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	3993486

Empty?

Sent from my SM-G531H using XDA-Developers Legacy app
7th January 2017, 05:07 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
No files in Jenkins FTP server link!!
7th January 2017, 06:09 AM |#4  
Flag Jalisco
Thanks Meter: 203

More
Link DIRECT PLEASE???

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Link please which is?
I need try this rom?
7th January 2017, 06:14 AM |#5  
OP Member
Valparaíso
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUELAJE

Link DIRECT PLEASE???

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Link please which is?
I need try this rom?

Link will be ready in a few minutes or hours depending, there was a problem on the Server and it will be fixed soon, please take a seat while waiting
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buenajuan300 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buenajuan300 Ad-Free
7th January 2017, 11:49 AM |#6  
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 873

More
Link is now up guys
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naimrlet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naimrlet Ad-Free
7th January 2017, 02:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
tested the rom! all bugs present in LOS14.1 for GPVE are present in this rom too. on first boot when i was checking device info, it rebooted and after reboot when i did same it didnt so can confirm it randomly reboots. also no file manager no music player no video player are installed inbuilt. one thing is now clear that development for LOS14, RR5.8 and XOSP will be parellel because same bugs are present in all three ROMs so when fixed in one, another will have fix too all the best n expecting to use stable release soon
7th January 2017, 02:54 PM |#8  
Flag Kualalampur
Thanks Meter: 3

More
black screen on first boot?
7th January 2017, 03:58 PM |#9  
Flag /dev/ram
Thanks Meter: 1,239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1v1n3

tested the rom! all bugs present in LOS14.1 for GPVE are present in this rom too. on first boot when i was checking device info, it rebooted and after reboot when i did same it didnt so can confirm it randomly reboots. also no file manager no music player no video player are installed inbuilt. one thing is now clear that development for LOS14, RR5.8 and XOSP will be parellel because same bugs are present in all three ROMs so when fixed in one, another will have fix too all the best n expecting to use stable release soon

About the random reboots, I've a solution (don't know if anyone else had posted this before)
If you're using single-SIM, put your SIM into slot 2. I really don't know why putting SIM in slot 1 causes random reboot issue
For dual-SIM, put the SIM which you use mobile data to slot 2, and switch mobile data to slot 2

Now enjoy your ROM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to remilia15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift remilia15 Ad-Free
7th January 2017, 04:05 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikto_

black screen on first boot?

u have to wait few minites

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remilia Scarlet

About the random reboots, I've a solution (don't know if anyone else had posted this before)
If you're using single-SIM, put your SIM into slot 2. I really don't know why putting SIM in slot 1 causes random reboot issue
For dual-SIM, put the SIM which you use mobile data to slot 2, and switch mobile data to slot 2

Now enjoy your ROM

i use dual sim. ok i'll do that but it doesnt have inbuilt filemanager and media players. and how's u'r development going on LOS14?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d1v1n3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d1v1n3 Ad-Free
7th January 2017, 06:07 PM |#11  
OP Member
Valparaíso
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1v1n3

u have to wait few minites

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

i use dual sim. ok i'll do that but it doesnt have inbuilt filemanager and media players. and how's u'r development going on LOS14?

I think you would need to install XOSPApps to have that
The Following User Says Thank You to buenajuan300 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buenajuan300 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)