CWM I8552 for July 2014 series needs update [SOLVED]

Search This thread

Mdetring

Nov 14, 2012
Alexandria
Small question, is there a way to know if my phone was made after July 2014 Series? I've been inactive for almost a year due to in real life issues, I bought my galaxy win in August 2014 from a stock market. I checked the battery at the back and it's made in 25/2/2014.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using XDA Free mobile app

jesster2k10

Feb 24, 2015
Working TWRP for Galaxy win manufactured after july 2014

It works! It's not CWM but it is Team Win Recovery and allows a touch based UI. Can I flash cyannogenmod now?

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I would just like to warn you NOT to wipe your data with this. So far for me things seem bad. It's been stuck at one place for like 10 minutes now and I only have 1GB of storage. I don't know what do do.

UPDATE**** managed to leave Recovery by taking out my battery and rebooting. Everything is fine

Reactions: adrianosk8

adrianosk8

Mar 26, 2015
do you can to install the cyonogenMod or other costum Rom?

Working TWRP for Galaxy win manufactured after july 2014

It works! It's not CWM but it is Team Win Recovery and allows a touch based UI. Can I flash cyannogenmod now?

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I would just like to warn you NOT to wipe your data with this. So far for me things seem bad. It's been stuck at one place for like 10 minutes now and I only have 1GB of storage. I don't know what do do.

UPDATE**** managed to leave Recovery by taking out my battery and rebooting. Everything is fine

I am with same problam that you. I install the TWRP, but i cant to install any ROM.
the screen is black when turn on.

Sorry my english :)

adrianosk8

Mar 26, 2015
Anyone knows a custom rom that run in the i8552 july 2014 series?
Already tryed a lot rom ( cyonogenmod 11, droidwin...) but all it was with black screen. @mjraogr

Sent from my GT-I8552B using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

mjraogr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2014
SP
universoeandroid.wordpress.com
Anyone knows a custom rom that run in the i8552 july 2014 series?
Already tryed a lot rom ( cyonogenmod 11, droidwin...) but all it was with black screen. @mjraogr

Its difficult for test, most developers has the oldest device, but i developed the Droidwin v3.1 i based of lasted BUBUANH1 firmeware
The firmewares stock updates run at all series, can u try downgrade baseband by odin , flash this solutuion recovery and try flash any custom ROMs,

Reactions: adrianosk8

adrianosk8

Mar 26, 2015
Its difficult for test, most developers has the oldest device, but i developed the Droidwin v3.1 i based of lasted BUBUANH1 firmeware
The firmewares stock updates run at all series, can u try downgrade baseband by odin , flash this solutuion recovery and try flash any custom ROMs,

I already tryed it... i installed BUBUANF1 but no worked. Curious that after i installed the new baseband in download mode it shows BUBUANH1 but in normal mode (on settings / device information it shows BUBUANF1..

I used the ODIN 3.7 and put the firmware in PDA.

I taked the firmware in "sammobile.com"

maxpayne-x

Feb 2, 2014

is it possible that install old stock rom ?

Last edited:

mjraogr

Feb 1, 2014
SP
I already tryed it... i installed BUBUANF1 but no worked. Curious that after i installed the new baseband in download mode it shows BUBUANH1 but in normal mode (on settings / device information it shows BUBUANF1..

I used the ODIN 3.7 and put the firmware in PDA.

I taked the firmware in "sammobile.com"

U can try this.
Extract ur stock boot.img and change on fash.zip and flash rom, but i dont know exactly this is secure

mjraogr

Feb 1, 2014
SP
Last edited:

NanoBIOS

Jul 15, 2014
On devices of the second half of 2014 cannot do wipe! If you do wipe it falls off one of the sections most often it is cache or system.

mjraogr

Feb 1, 2014
SP
On devices of the second half of 2014 cannot do wipe! If you do wipe it falls off one of the sections most often it is cache or system.

The full wipe isn't possible, but can be done individually
After go to options backup stock boot.img
Flash custom ROM and flash backup before reboot device

G

GuestK00182

Recovery not find the SD card.

Code:
E:unknown volume for patch [/sdcard]
I tested three cards, but none works.

EDIT2: i tried via adb, but this error appears:

Code: