The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

Grand Quattro OS Update

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys. I want to install a custom ROM on my Grand Quattro. But when i looked at them, I found out that moste are just interface improvements, without actual OS update. What's the problem here? The GQ's bootloader haven't been unlocked yet? Can't any ROM be ported? There is really no actual android update for this device?

Thanks already!

18th November 2015, 01:55 PM |#2  
Flag Prishtina
Thanks Meter: 392

More
First of all, you should know a few things about Samsung.

1. They dont lock the bootloader, that's one of the reasons they're easy to deal and twiddle with. (The branded, carrier ones although however do, as they're Carrier property)
2. Their in-house processors, the Exynos family, have no documentation on how their built. meaning, developers cannot base their work correctly and have to go trial-and-error reverse engineering, it takes **** loads of time.
3. They don't give a single crap about their low-use phones and barely update them. The last update is a Jelly Bean release that is older then a year.

There is no space to criticize the devs for custom roms. They tried AOSP with no luck on reverse-engineering.
The only critic you can shoot is that the latest Stock ROM is not being used as a base.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlutoDelic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PlutoDelic Ad-Free
12th December 2015, 08:01 PM |#3  
Flag Aleppo
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoDelic

First of all, you should know a few things about Samsung.

1. They dont lock the bootloader, that's one of the reasons they're easy to deal and twiddle with. (The branded, carrier ones although however do, as they're Carrier property)
2. Their in-house processors, the Exynos family, have no documentation on how their built. meaning, developers cannot base their work correctly and have to go trial-and-error reverse engineering, it takes **** loads of time.
3. They don't give a single crap about their low-use phones and barely update them. The last update is a Jelly Bean release that is older then a year.

There is no space to criticize the devs for custom roms. They tried AOSP with no luck on reverse-engineering.
The only critic you can shoot is that the latest Stock ROM is not being used as a base.

thank you sir for this explanation i finally understand the reason why no developer could do this ..
22nd May 2016, 03:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karedo

thank you sir for this explanation i finally understand the reason why no developer could do this ..

Try mete mod rom man nice rom
4th May 2018, 03:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sir how to install custom rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod, grand quattro, kernel, update

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)