[ROM][6.0.1][GTI8552] Pac-Rom for Samsung Grand Quattro

Search This thread

Krush206

Sep 4, 2016
How is battery life and all? Can you make a kernel for this ROM?
I think this is more like a physical than a logical issue. Most Samsung devices are crap, especially their batteries. Like most people, my Galaxy Win Duos started consuming much more power after some months. This is due to poor manufacturing process, not a direct issue in the kernel or the OS. But of course, there are a couple of tweaks to save power on every Linux device. You could use the powersave governor, set laptop mode to 2 and use the NOOP scheduler.

Code:
su
echo powersave > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo powersave > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
(This reduces I/O activity) echo 2 > /proc/sys/vm/laptop_mode
echo noop > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
(If using a SD card) echo noop > /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/scheduler

I'm not new into programming but kernel development. I will eventually learn about it.
TWRP is working fine :) Finally :silly:

But the PAC ROM isn't, I followed all your adb steps exactly and booted successfully. Soon or later, it will start rebooting randomly. Few times, it did not boot at all which I again have to flash the ROM. Even WiFi was working, all good except these boot issues.
I don't recall mine rebooting or having boot issues. But this ROM made my device heat a lot. Also, note that camcorder, bluetooth, mobile network search and Chrome downloads won't work on this ROM.

EDIT: Actually, Chrome downloads do work. To get Chrome downloads working (and apps which require personal data access), go to Settings > Apps, tap your app, select Permissions, enable Storage permission and restart your app (force stop).

Last edited:
Reactions: SonOfSparda

Krush206

Sep 4, 2016
I've fixed the boot animation for this ROM and installed a bootloader from a first revision device. I thought the black screen issue on second revision devices was due to bootloader code so I installed (with shell commands) a bootloader from a first revision device. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as expected (though I only tried to boot a recovery image incompatible with second revision devices). The black screen issue is still present. I must also note that not all bootloaders from first revision devices will work out as expected on second revision devices. Be careful, they'll also show the black screen issue and you won't be able to install the original bootloader back with Odin because it'll believe your device's model is the one from which the image should be installed on. Though I haven't tried, it's merely a theory, it's good to note that, when you change the bootloader, you're able to install, without signature check failures, a original firmware with Odin for another device model, which is the upside of changing the bootloader. Other than that, I can't think of and didn't notice any other upside for changing the bootloader since I didn't have the time to check the system at all.
To change the bootloader it's required to have TWRP installed since I don't know if the device will still be able to boot if you install a bootloader with black screen issue. However, when I've installed such bootloader Odin still did recognize the device.

Download the file below, boot into TWRP, plug the device to the computer and use ADB to input the following commands to install the compatible bootloader.
Code:
adb push bootloader_rev1.zip .
adb shell cat dev/block/mmcblk0p1 > qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn.bak
adb shell cat dev/block/mmcblk0p2 > qcsbl.mbn.bak
adb shell cat dev/block/mmcblk0p5 > oemsbl.bak
adb shell cat dev/block/mmcblk0p6 > appsbl.bak
adb shell "unzip -p bootloader_rev1.zip qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn > dev/block/mmcblk0p1"
adb shell "unzip -p bootloader_rev1.zip qcsbl.mbn > dev/block/mmcblk0p2"
adb shell "unzip -p bootloader_rev1.zip oemsbl > dev/block/mmcblk0p5"
adb shell "unzip -p bootloader_rev1.zip appsbl > dev/block/mmcblk0p6"
This bootloader is from a first revision device model but should work with most devices from both revisions.
Bootloader for first and second revision devices.
To check if the bootloader has been successfully installed, boot into Odin mode and check the version label. It should be labeled as I8552XXANF1.

Download the file below and input the following commands to install the fixed boot animation.
Code:
adb push bootanimation.zip system/media/
adb shell chmod 0644 system/media/bootanimation.zip
Fixed boot animation.

I've also compiled the latest kernel update from GitHub which includes minor changes. Download the file below and input the following commands to install the new kernel image.
Code:
adb push boot_update.zip .
adb shell "unzip -p boot_update.zip > dev/block/mmcblk0p8"
Kernel update.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Plzz checkout our website for updates

banner.png

Credit:
    Instructions:
    • Download zip and please use the TWRP recovery from this thread.
    • Do simple wipe (Factory reset) by using TWRP recovery.
    • Don't do advance wipe
    • Then flash the Pac zip file.
    • Go back and select opengapps zip and flash it.
    • Click on Install Image button present on the right of "Select Storage"
    • Flash this Boot.img from there
    • Then go to wipe and do factory reset.
    • Reboot and enjoy.
    Not working:
    • Video recording
    • Camera(fixed in beta 2)
    • Bluetooth
    • Some other minor bugs
    • Wifi (Flash this for wifi fix)
    Changelog :
    1. 22/12/2016 (Beta 1)
      *Initial release
    2. 26/01/2017 (Beta 2)
      *Camera for pictures fixed
      *Flashlight fixed
      *Battery fix
    Downloads:
    Source:
    Version Information:
    Android Version : 6.0.1
    Kernel Version : 3.5.1-Androidlover5842-g0131d02

Click here to view our google spaces group
    i installing :crying:
    Stable will be released soon
    sir what should i do about the battery drain.
    it was 75 and then after 10 min it dropped to 63
    the battery drain is very severe in this rom
    and i have also faced some random reboots (eg while launching screen recorder and while playing pokemon go(after the loading screen)).
    please send a fix for the camera too.
    and also tell how to use or install the ota updater and arubadel which you have put in the downloads section
    excluding this the rom has a fluid experience and it ispretty responsive too!!
    i really like this rom:D:D
    We are trying to fix it
    Just keep up the support like this
    Thanks it worked in around 40 min. And Google assistant and Android n ify works great. Any news on camera fix?
    Camera fix will be in next beta along with battery
    When is next update just for my curiosity.
    Sry for my bad english

I will try my best to compile it before 18