139 posts
Thanks Meter: 138

Post Reply Email Thread
7th March 2019, 07:52 PM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSparda

How is battery life and all? Can you make a kernel for this ROM?

I think this is more like a physical than a logical issue. Most Samsung devices are crap, especially their batteries. Like most people, my Galaxy Win Duos started consuming much more power after some months. This is due to poor manufacturing process, not a direct issue in the kernel or the OS. But of course, there are a couple of tweaks to save power on every Linux device. You could use the powersave governor, set laptop mode to 2 and use the NOOP scheduler.

# echo powersave > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
# echo powersave > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
(This reduces I/O activity) # echo 2 > /proc/sys/vm/laptop_mode
# echo noop > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
(If you're using a SD card) # echo noop > /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/scheduler

I'm not new into programming but kernel development. I will eventually learn about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSparda

TWRP is working fine Finally

But the PAC ROM isn't, I followed all your adb steps exactly and booted successfully. Soon or later, it will start rebooting randomly. Few times, it did not boot at all which I again have to flash the ROM. Even WiFi was working, all good except these boot issues.

I don't recall mine rebooting or having boot issues. But this ROM made my device heat a lot. Also, note that camcorder, bluetooth, mobile network search (a̶̷n̶̷d̶̷ ̶̷C̶̷h̶̷r̶̷o̶̷m̶̷e̶̷ ̶̷d̶̷o̶̷w̶̷n̶̷l̶̷o̶̷a̶̷d̶̷s̶̷) won't work on this ROM.

EDIT: Actually, Chrome downloads do work. This ROM has an advanced security feature. To get Chrome downloads working (and apps which require personal data access), all you gotta do is go to Settings > Privacy > Privacy Guard and tick the apps which you wish to allow personal data access.
The Following User Says Thank You to Krush206 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Krush206 Ad-Free

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)