[ROM][6.0.1][RIO][Unofficial] AOSP-CAF [Stable][11/09/16]

354 posts
Thanks Meter: 443

By redbeard1083, Senior Member on 14th September 2016, 12:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

CAF-AOSP for the Huawei GX8

Based on the kernel and device tree of @surdu_petru. Without his work on this device this would not have happened. Thanks to @yuweng and @gopinaidu77 for their help in making the appropriate changes. Also thanks to @earlymon and ncrypt3d for helping me out along the way. Lastly, and certainly not least, thanks to @crpalmer and the rest of the kiwi team. Please let me know if I've left anyone out.

Code:
* Your warranty is now void. 
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please 
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM 
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if 
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 

Working
Everything should be working pretty well. Same bugs as CM13.

Not working
???

See second post for changelog.

Sources
AOSP-CAF
Device
Kernel
Vendor

Download
Download
Gapps
Banks Gapps
SuperSU - Use this aroma variant and make sure it is set to install as systemless.
Get SuperSU Aroma HERE

Installation:
Make sure you have been on official Huawei M build at least in some point in the past. If you can install CM13, you can install this.
Place ROM, Gapps and SuperSU in your SD Card/Internal Memory
Reboot into recovery mode
Wipe cache/dalvikcache/system/data
Flash ROM/SuperSU/Gapps
Reboot

Credits:
- CodeAurora Forums
- CyanogenMod Team
- Men_in_black007
- Vatsal
- TechExhibeo
- h2o64
- Luk1337
- luca02400

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP-CAF, ROM for the Huawei GX8

Contributors
redbeard1083
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Firmware Required: Must be on official Huawei M build before flashing.
Based On: CAF-AOSP

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2016-09-13

Created 2016-09-14
Last Updated 2016-11-09
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to redbeard1083 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redbeard1083 Ad-Free
14th September 2016, 12:54 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
  • 11/9/16 - Sorry for the **** build. New one should be good to go. *edit* [email protected] swear filter.
  • 11/7/16 - Data while sleeping should be fixed. Thanks to @InkSlinger420 for pointing me in the right direction.
  • 10/13/16 - Reverting to the former GPS blobs (see CM13 thread) breaks this rom.
  • 10/08/16 - Some minor changes were pushed to the source. Included here.
  • 9/28/16 - Changed model number to RIO-L03. Insignificant if you have the RIO-L01 variant. Probably the last update until either 1. CAF repo is updated or 2. Changes to fix bugs from the CM13 thread.
  • 9/26/16 - Changed DPI to 440 (default is 480). If you don't like it, use a DPI app in the play store to change it back.
  • 9/24/16 - added latest device changes courtesy of @surdu_petru. should see improved battery life and performance.
  • 9/20/16 - removed NFC code. should see slightly better battery life. updated sources in OP.
  • 9/13/16 - Initial Release
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redbeard1083 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redbeard1083 Ad-Free
14th September 2016, 12:54 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Double Reserved.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redbeard1083 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redbeard1083 Ad-Free
14th September 2016, 10:08 AM |#5  
Flag Aurich
Thanks Meter: 65

More
The CPU is working on full potential 99% of the time.

Im getting 70° on CPU temperature with normal use.
14th September 2016, 03:30 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidNewb666

The CPU is working on full potential 99% of the time.

Im getting 70° on CPU temperature with normal use.

Did you wipe system, data, and both caches before flashing? I haven't seen this issue on mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to redbeard1083 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redbeard1083 Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 01:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can you make Rresurrection Remix rom for huawei g8 ? rio_l01
15th September 2016, 03:10 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MehdiT8

Can you make Rresurrection Remix rom for huawei g8 ? rio_l01

Yes. Already done and need to make a thread for it. Can find it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gx8/...s-gx8-t3448696
17th October 2016, 05:06 AM |#9  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hey bro... I really enjoy this ROM... I have just a couple of questions:
Is there any way to fix the offline charging animation?
Also I get an error using open Gapps stock package, however the micro package works fine. Is there any way to use the stock package?
Thanks
18th October 2016, 02:21 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
1. Not that i've found yet. the same thing happens on AOSP-based roms on the honor 5x. Not sure what's up with that, but it does seem to charge when powered down.
2. Larger open gapps packages are broken on this rom. Not sure what the problem is. I recommend banks gapps for this rom. Also slim is very similar and works fine with the larger open gapps packages. has latest security updates as well.
18th October 2016, 02:05 PM |#11  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard1083

1. Not that i've found yet. the same thing happens on AOSP-based roms on the honor 5x. Not sure what's up with that, but it does seem to charge when powered down.
2. Larger open gapps packages are broken on this rom. Not sure what the problem is. I recommend banks gapps for this rom. Also slim is very similar and works fine with the larger open gapps packages. has latest security updates as well.

Thanks...
Just a couple more questions:
I noticed my signal seems to be weaker though I haven't experienced any drops. Is that to be expected? I've noticed it particularly on 4G.
Also, will the latest security patches be included in the next update? I really like how clean this ROM is do I prefer it over other roms like CyanogenMod/Resurrection/Slim
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)