FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LCD/LVDS Interface Board Via Xilinx Spartan 3e?

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By problematic, Member on 14th March 2019, 04:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
LVDS is a nightmare. Don't know what LVDS is? If you've ever taken apart a laptop, it's that display connection it uses. And there's no standard so it's different for nearly every device.

Maybe phones and tablets are using it too?

I've already done my research and saw that other people are using Xilinx Spartan-based FPGA development boards to achieve this. It seems to be in the specs and is probably the perfect solution to this problem.

Oh, and my friend was throwing out an old TV and I found one. TV is a Panasonic Tc-p50s1, the board it's on is the Main Unit Board Pn# Tnph0786 2a. The specific chip is the Xilinx Spartan xc3s500e.

The board it's on seems pretty pro, but the complete lack of any visible diagnostic ports make trying to reverse engineer it a nightmare.

Luckily it looks like the chip has JTAG on it. I'm unsure as of yet if I will try to figure out what all of the existing chips on the board do and try to reuse it, or if I will end up desoldering the Spartan chip entirely. Powering the unit also seems like it would be a concern since is uses some funky connections with completely unknown values.

Anybody here ever worked on a project like this before?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)