FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 4 bricked phone

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By IcyEagle, Junior Member on 24th March 2019, 02:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I have a note4 that kept restarting randomly, so I took it to the store and they rebooted it (didn't fix the issue) after many attempts to fix it I took matters into my own hands and started playing around with odin and now this phone is bricked (Literally does nothing at all).

Since it got bricked I got a new phone and its been a couple of years, but i was wondering if It could be fixed just for fun. from my understanding the issue is that the phone has a damaged bios and therefore can't boot. So i was wondering if its possible to reflash the bios on the motherboard by taking it out and manually doing it.

If it is, anyone know how, or where I should start looking?

25th April 2019, 11:47 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyEagle

So I have a note4 that kept restarting randomly, so I took it to the store and they rebooted it (didn't fix the issue) after many attempts to fix it I took matters into my own hands and started playing around with odin and now this phone is bricked (Literally does nothing at all).

Since it got bricked I got a new phone and its been a couple of years, but i was wondering if It could be fixed just for fun. from my understanding the issue is that the phone has a damaged bios and therefore can't boot. So i was wondering if its possible to reflash the bios on the motherboard by taking it out and manually doing it.

If it is, anyone know how, or where I should start looking?

Start by posting in the Note 4 Questions and help thread here.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?3510

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)