FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Peloton Spin Bike

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Samir0818, Junior Member on 11th March 2016, 04:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a peloton Spin Bike, and it can with a screen where your able to stream workouts on through the companies subscription. The screen is operated by Android Jellybean: 4.1.1.

OK, so here's my challenge for anyone that,s willing to accept!

Problem: when you turn on the peloton bike screen your locked into the peloton app, and the you can't get out of the app to do other things... For example, watch YouTube or something else.

Challenge: I'm sure this is an easy hack, but if anyone can figure out how to unlock this. You be compensated for your efforts!

10th June 2016, 12:15 PM |#2  

More
I'd love to be compensated for the effort, but really you can just Google the command sequence as it's pretty popular to install Netflix and watch movies rather than consume the Peloton content.
27th February 2017, 03:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I successfully extracted the Peloton APK from the bike and installed it on my Galaxy S6. The issue is that it won't go past the login screen. I figure one of two things is happening. Either the app is calling a procedure to validate that hardware on the bike is working before logging in, or two, the Peloton server is validating the login request is coming from a bike instead of another device via a token or validation of operating system version, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to jhworley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jhworley Ad-Free
11th March 2017, 02:31 PM |#4  

More
pretty simple to do, go to about section of the bike, tap on the lower right corner area of the about screen, which should take you out of the app into a main android area....after that open the browser, download apk installer and then download whatever apps you want to add to the tablet
4th September 2017, 04:46 AM |#5  
Flag San Francisco

More
hey guys, just bought a used peloton and have two really specific questions:
- has anyone reset all the data through settings? If so, what happens?
- I'm not seeing the invisible button that everyone is describing here and in other forums. I also have developer options on so I can see all of the hit areas. Am I missing something?

Thank you!
6th November 2017, 02:06 AM |#6  

More
Hack Peleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspawn

pretty simple to do, go to about section of the bike, tap on the lower right corner area of the about screen, which should take you out of the app into a main android area....after that open the browser, download apk installer and then download whatever apps you want to add to the tablet

But once you are in the about screen, how do you download new software? I dont see an option anywhere to download. I only see the disable ap button.
15th November 2017, 04:12 AM |#7  

More
My Peloton console won't go beyond searching for network if I use Wifi, or download updates if I use ethernet. I don't think it's a hardware failure and had been looking for a ROM to load it. Anyone backup their console? It's a first generation tablet running lollipop.
4th February 2019, 06:32 PM |#8  

More
Any chance someone figured out how to do this with the Peloton Tread? Its running Android 7... I can get to APKmirror.com and click download, just feel like they went to an extra effort to hide / disable downloads... or maybe a way to side load via USB, I can't get a USB device to recognize...
26th April 2019, 11:03 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyLS

Any chance someone figured out how to do this with the Peloton Tread? Its running Android 7... I can get to APKmirror.com and click download, just feel like they went to an extra effort to hide / disable downloads... or maybe a way to side load via USB, I can't get a USB device to recognize...

Did you ever figure this out?
24th June 2019, 05:39 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyMC

Did you ever figure this out?

If you connect via USB you can place the APK on the device. My only issue is that it wont install as its an unknown source and i am unable to allow unknown sources to install.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)