FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge as dashcam, with camera module on extended flex ribbon cable?

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By AroPL, Junior Member on 30th November 2018, 03:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys!

I have here my Galaxy S7 Edge and wish to use it as a thief cam/dashcam in my car.
The idea is to extend the rear camera on a flex ribbon cable so the phone is not visible to anyone around my car.

So I bought such flex ribbon camera extension cable, 2 pieces and both do not work
What I see is that it shows (or black screen) video signal for 0.5-1 second and then there is camera error. You can see it in the attached images.

My first guess is this ribbon cable is too long and signal from camera is not reaching the S7 motherboard correctly.
I tried to use electric insulation tape to isolate this ribbon cable but this also did not work.

What do you think? I noticed other post from person who tried to do the same with his S3 (I actually got idea from there). It did not work for him as well.

Can the signal in this ribbon cable be somehow amplified, protected with some kind of tape or it is not possible to do anything about it?
I see iphone camera extension cables all have black tape on them. Maybe this is some tape to lower the interference from the surrounding on the data send through ribbon cable?
I have not seen any other cable like that for S7 Edge. There is a small logo on that cable but I don;t know what kind of company it is.
I was looking into how to shorten this ribbon I have, but I think its too complicated and too microscopic to cut it and solder.

What are your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flex cable.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	4655457   Click image for larger version

Name:	S7ribbontape.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	4655459   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181127_114908.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	4655465  
The Following User Says Thank You to AroPL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AroPL Ad-Free

22nd February 2019, 04:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More

Gửi từ G3226 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)