FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q&A] [21 JUN 2012] DORIMANX ICS Kernel 7.3 Linux 2.6.32.59 OC 96/1.62 CFS and OC St

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 12th May 2015, 09:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [21 JUN 2012] DORIMANX ICS Kernel 7.3 Linux 2.6.32.59 OC 96/1.62 CFS and OC Stable!

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [21 JUN 2012] DORIMANX ICS Kernel 7.3 Linux 2.6.32.59 OC 96/1.62 CFS and OC Stable!. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

12th May 2015, 09:22 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
@ludskyrider
Please, suggest how to install new dorimanx 7.3 kernel in hd2 rom. I use haret nativesd. Do I need to copy new initrd.gz in the nativesd folder? Is it really enough? The proposed archive includes many folders, libs, etc/initrd scripts. Should we use them?
There is another question. Is it possible to install this kernel in any ics/jb/kitkat rom?
12th May 2015, 01:11 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,887

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisor2006

@ludskyrider
Please, suggest how to install new dorimanx 7.3 kernel in hd2 rom. I use haret nativesd. Do I need to copy new initrd.gz in the nativesd folder? Is it really enough? The proposed archive includes many folders, libs, etc/initrd scripts. Should we use them?
There is another question. Is it possible to install this kernel in any ics/jb/kitkat rom?

You should not put the initrd.gz from the kernel package into /sdcard/NativeSD, it won't work. It is for dorimanx rom.
You need to put the new zImage in there, but also need to put the correct system files into their correct place in /system with the right permissions, which can be fiddly if doing it manually. Best way is to (backup first) unzip the original rom zip and put the zImage and system files in there (replace/overwrite), re-zip it and flash. If you are not sure where to put zImage, don't bother putting it in the rom.zip, just put it in /sdcard/NativeSD folder (and in the folder relating to your rom if you have more than one NativeSD rom installed and want to swap between them)
I have attached the relevant files
I think it can be used with ics, but doubtful for jb and kk
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dorimanx7.3cm7.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.64 MB, 80 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robbie P Ad-Free
21st May 2015, 09:21 AM |#4  

More
@robbie P
Thank you very much for the archive. I've modified my cm7 rom as you suggested. It works fine.
I also tried to modify nexus-hd2 jb/kikat roms with this kernel and some libs designed for ics (from the first package). But they stuck during boot-up process.
Please suggest , what ics rom is better for such modification. I'd like to try it, too.
Finally, I have another question. Which versions of viber do wotk with ics/jb/cm7?
27th September 2015, 02:08 PM |#5  

More
I need your advise. Is it possible to install the dorimanx kernel in ICS nativesd firmware? Which files should I copy to new ics rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)