FORUMS

[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][ALPHA] LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 for HTC HD2

209 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from chronic8000: A new ROM for an 11 year old phone! If it works...
Code:
#include "std_disclaimer.h"
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 for HTC HD2 - To see if an 11 year old phone can run a fairly recent version of Android.

All credit for source code goes to @J0SH1X and @Lunarixus for the source code to compile this ROM. Without their hard work this would never be possible. Just trying to get together some people so we can get this ROM to boot properly. Their sources are available here: https://github.com/qsd8k-legacy

This ROM is built from Lineage Sources and the device tree, kernel and anything else from J0SH1X and lunarixus. I will provide manifest.xml used to build if anyone is interested. The ROM is completely untested at the moment as I am having trouble with my TWRP at the moment. I literally built it from source and uploaded the ZIP. This page is more for the community to test and give feedback on the ROM.

Again, IT IS NOT MY FAULT IF YOU FLASH THIS AND IT BRICKS YOUR PHONE! It shouldn't do as it is compiled from source for htcleo but don't blame me if anything happens. It's on you!

That said we would be very happy for any feedback and glad to compile a ROM for an 11 year old phone!

XDA:DevDB Information
[Unofficial] LineageOS 15.1 for HTC HD2, ROM for the HTC HD2

Contributors
chronic8000
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: cLK
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1
Beta Release Date: 2020-02-26

Created 2020-02-26
Last Updated 2020-02-26
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chronic8000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chronic8000 Ad-Free
26th February 2020, 10:35 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maidstone

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
26th February 2020, 10:35 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maidstone

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
1st March 2020, 11:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Since you posted this thread a total of 14 times, I'm assuming this is the main one...?
Anyway. Very cool! I don't think I can install this at the moment, as I've sworn away my will to Windows Mobile 6.5, but it's still really intriguing to see this sort of thing in concept.
EDIT: Oh, stealing work isn't cool. EDIT2: Nevermind.
1st March 2020, 12:12 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maidstone

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSauce

Since you posted this thread a total of 14 times, I'm assuming this is the main one...?
Anyway. Very cool! I don't think I can install this at the moment, as I've sworn away my will to Windows Mobile 6.5, but it's still really intriguing to see this sort of thing in concept.

It kept doing http error 500 when I was posting this which resulted in that but I thought I deleted all the duplicates.
1st March 2020, 12:17 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maidstone

Donate to Me
More
Seems I can't delete the other duplicates. If any mods read this ever could you delete them please.
2nd March 2020, 01:01 PM |#7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 161

Donate to Me
More
Mind adding the credit to me and J0SH1X and linking the repo since their our sources and not Lineage's

Otherwise I'll have to report the thread to a moderator for orphaned credit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunarixus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lunarixus Ad-Free
2nd March 2020, 01:16 PM |#8  
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 2,127

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic8000

Code:
#include "std_disclaimer.h"
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 for HTC HD2 - To see if an 11 year old phone can run a fairly recent version of Android.

This ROM is built from Lineage Sources. I will provide manifest.xml used to build if anyone is interested. The ROM is completely untested at the moment as I am having trouble with my TWRP at the moment. I literally built it from source and uploaded the ZIP. This page is more for the community to test and give feedback on the ROM.

Again, IT IS NOT MY FAULT IF YOU FLASH THIS AND IT BRICKS YOUR PHONE! It shouldn't do as it is compiled from source for htcleo but don't blame me if anything happens. It's on you!

That said I would be very happy for any feedback and glad to compile a ROM for an 11 year old phone!

XDA:DevDB Information
[Unofficial] LineageOS 15.1 for HTC HD2, ROM for the HTC HD2

Contributors
chronic8000
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: cLK
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1
Beta Release Date: 2020-02-26

Created 2020-02-26
Last Updated 2020-02-26

this is not your credit to take , please credit me and lunarixus , weve spend nearly a week all day in front of our computers to get this to this state also THIS ROM WONT BOOT UP ITS BROKEN BEYOND FIXING FOR NOW

ps. if you dont add proper credits and sources i see myself forced to report this thread to moderators
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J0SH1X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J0SH1X Ad-Free
3rd March 2020, 10:46 AM |#9  
Flag Debrecen
Thanks Meter: 5

More
omg this HTC HD2 was one of my fav phones back in the days I'm happy you still working on it. Android 8... LOL. wish I still had this phone to test it
keep up the good work!
3rd March 2020, 01:08 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maidstone

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0SH1X

this is not your credit to take , please credit me and lunarixus , weve spend nearly a week all day in front of our computers to get this to this state also THIS ROM WONT BOOT UP ITS BROKEN BEYOND FIXING FOR NOW

ps. if you dont add proper credits and sources i see myself forced to report this thread to moderators

I am fine with giving credit. Just wanted to get a ROM put together that might bring some more people in to help with the project. I am taking no credit for the sources just compiling it into a ROM. If you let me know exactly what you'd like put there I will get it updated ASAP.
The Following User Says Thank You to chronic8000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chronic8000 Ad-Free
4th March 2020, 10:49 AM |#11  
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 2,127

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic8000

I am fine with giving credit. Just wanted to get a ROM put together that might bring some more people in to help with the project. I am taking no credit for the sources just compiling it into a ROM. If you let me know exactly what you'd like put there I will get it updated ASAP.

just credit @J0SH1X and @Lunarixus or link up our qsd8k-legacy git or so
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J0SH1X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J0SH1X Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)