FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Windows Mobile CAB archive?

148 posts
Thanks Meter: 71

By betatest3, Senior Member on 13th June 2018, 10:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
A while back I found a link to a mediafire archive with something like 50 CAB's in it, for Windows Mobile 6.x. Does anyone know where that archive is?
It used to be bookmarked on my computer, but I accidently deleted it, so it's now gone.

I imagine that some of those CAB's are probably somewhere else on the interwebs as well, but I have been searching all day to no avail.
Also, FreewarePocketPC still has lot's of stuff available for WM devices, but a lot of it is intermixed with crap for Android(most of the Android **** that's clogging the site is just virus anyways), and Windows Phone 7, and some of the links are dead.

P.S. I have an archive of CAB's as well, I will be sharing soon, most of the CAB's I have are still available elsewhere on the interwebs, but with WM6.x getting older by the day, and so many things linkrotting as we type, it won't be long before the ever-diminishing set of workable programs reaches zero, and our beloved WinCE/WM6.x based devices are dead forever. So the more mirrored archives there are, the better.

NOTE: IF anyone wants an app, PM me, do not clog the forums with requests. NO, I do not have warez and paid software, I do not have any way to make your paid software work without paying, DO NOT ask for warez, if you do, your PM will be copied to this thread for everyone to see and laugh at.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to betatest3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift betatest3 Ad-Free

13th June 2018, 11:07 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
RESERVED
1.) Opera Mini 5 - In download box below. Web browser for WM2003 all the way up to WM6.5.5, still works and because of Opera compression, it renders nicely even over 2G and modern websites are rendered nicely.

2.) UC Browser 7.04 - In download box below. Another web browser for WM5 up to WM6.5.5, still works, built by a Chinese company, not sure if it uses compression, like other browsers for WM, rendering quality is hit or miss depending on the site.

3.) Opera Mobile 10 BETA - In download box below. A newer version of Opera, for WM5 and above, still works, like with Mini 5, it uses Opera compression servers so it browses fast over 2G and modern websites are still nice. AFAIK it supports Flash.

4.) SkyFire - In download box below. Another nice browser. I am not sure if it still works, it uses SkyFire compression servers, supports flash. SkyFire as of 2013 was still available for Android, so it's possible the compression servers are still active. If the servers are not active, then since this AFAIK does not render locally, it's just here for historical completeness.

5.) ZetaKey 2010 - In download box below. This is a browser that is AFAIK still developed for WM6 and up. It supports HTML5 and AFAIK Flash, based on WebKit, so even without compression servers(which this does not use), it should render modern websites okay.

6.) Iris Browser 1.1.9 - In download box below. This browser still works. Uses WebKit, although it is not developed anymore, it does score a 100/100 on Acid3, has a pop-up blocker and supports NPAPI plugins just like Firefox.

7.) ZetaKey 2017 - In download box below. See ZetaKey 2010 entry. This is the newest version of that browser.
Attached Files
File Type: cab mini5wm.cab - [Click for QR Code] (993.1 KB, 64 views)
File Type: cab uc-browser.7.04.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.55 MB, 66 views)
File Type: cab Opera_Mobile_10_WM.cab - [Click for QR Code] (5.31 MB, 92 views)
File Type: cab Skyfire-PPC.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (957.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: cab ZKBrowserWM_20100520.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (4.23 MB, 66 views)
File Type: cab iris-browser-1.1.9.cab - [Click for QR Code] (3.54 MB, 62 views)
File Type: rar ZKBrowserWM_20170908.rar - [Click for QR Code] (8.00 MB, 88 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betatest3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift betatest3 Ad-Free
20th June 2018, 03:32 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
1.) Flexilis Mobile Security - Link in download box below. This is a once-popular anti-virus program for WM6.x devices. It is AFAIK the precursor to what we now know as Lookout on Android devices. I am not sure if it has new virus definitions, but then again, is there anyone actually creating *new* viruses for WM6.x anyways?

2.) ESET Mobile Antivirus - Link in download box below. This is another popular anti-virus program for WM5 through 6.5.5, although the WM version is no longer developed nor is it still supported, ESET is still around and still makes some of the best anti-virus software for Linux, Windows, MacOS and Android.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betatest3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift betatest3 Ad-Free
21st June 2018, 05:52 PM |#4  
Minsk
Thanks Meter: 840

More
Dude, don't you think you've been late with this thread for about 10 years?
I know maybe 3 or 4 old-fags here at xda (including me) who still have functional WM6.5 - WEH6.5.3 phones. And we are mostly "chiefs" - we cook our own roms and have all the necessary soft in our roms already.
28th June 2018, 07:57 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSh

Dude, don't you think you've been late with this thread for about 10 years?
I know maybe 3 or 4 old-fags here at xda (including me) who still have functional WM6.5 - WEH6.5.3 phones. And we are mostly "chiefs" - we cook our own roms and have all the necessary soft in our roms already.

I am just putting this out here mainly as a way a of preserving these programs for anyone who might care aboit them. Also, so if there might be anyone out there who still happens to have a device that can use these. So, sure, the thread is 10 years out of date, but thats exactly the point.
7th July 2018, 05:58 AM |#6  
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'll take that bet...
Well I for one would love to see archives of old WM6.x CABs. I bought the HD2 In the first week it was out, and loved tweeking and fiddling with it until I had to factory reset it and remember where I stored the latest viable backup.
I must have crashes that thing a dozen times or more!
Well I never did get myself together enough to build a kitchen and learn to cook up some ROMs, but I had fun with all of the crazy and cool programs and apps. Cookie monster had an awesome UI Tweeker as I recall.
So yeah, I found the ol' Leo and charged it up! It's working!

I would love some links to CAB archives!
The Following User Says Thank You to WinterWolf1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinterWolf1 Ad-Free
19th September 2018, 11:17 AM |#7  
Flag Virginia Beach
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I recently bought some Windows Mobile devices just to play with, so I would also love an archive.
24th September 2018, 06:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Finally somebody doing this. Thanks.
A bit late, but preservation is always good.
I tried finding games for WinMo, but every single link i came across was dead. (If somebody comments about piracy... WinMo has been discontinuted for, like, what? 10 years?)
If anyone still has any app installed on their WinMo phones, please make a backup and upload it.
I was a Symbian user when WinMo was still used, so i kinda missed on pretty much everything.

And you know what's the weird thing?
You can still find SYS files for Symbian all around the internet, but WinMo apps simply vanished.

So, yeah, if any of y'all have any app, just post it here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Myrmeko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Myrmeko Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 11:34 PM |#9  
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Noob Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmeko

Finally somebody doing this. Thanks.
A bit late, but preservation is always good.
I tried finding games for WinMo, but every single link i came across was dead. (If somebody comments about piracy... WinMo has been discontinuted for, like, what? 10 years?)
If anyone still has any app installed on their WinMo phones, please make a backup and upload it.
I was a Symbian user when WinMo was still used, so i kinda missed on pretty much everything.

And you know what's the weird thing?
You can still find SYS files for Symbian all around the internet, but WinMo apps simply vanished.

So, yeah, if any of y'all have any app, just post it here.

I have a bunch on my HD2, I just dont know how to upload to here. Or anywhere else for that matter. I will look into a file share site. Any help would be appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to WinterWolf1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinterWolf1 Ad-Free
1st November 2018, 01:55 PM |#10  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1

More
http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ still operates with most links still working. In most cases it offers a primary link & a mirror link to download the Apps. On the rare occasion both links fail a web search on the App or developer name will usually yield a result. Only very rarely can I not find a WM6.5 CAB, registry hack, etc., that I want. I've been amazed how much is still out there. I've used the HD2 as my sole Phone/PDA for almost 10 years & by trial & error I've got it to be very stable (a screen freeze is now a rare & notable event). I recently added the new 400GB microSD which is so fast I can put most Apps onto SD that formally required Device Memory installation only. I can't speak too highly of this little device. And the screen is much more scratch resistant than my wife's Lumia 950! Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to dgunn1956 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dgunn1956 Ad-Free
10th November 2018, 11:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWolf1

I have a bunch on my HD2, I just dont know how to upload to here. Or anywhere else for that matter. I will look into a file share site. Any help would be appreciated.

When you tap the reply button and it opens up that new page where you write your text and stuff, scroll down until you see "Manage Attachments", tap on that and a new page will open, from which you could upload your files.
The Following User Says Thank You to Myrmeko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Myrmeko Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)