414 posts
Thanks Meter: 350

By Datastream33, Senior Member on 13th January 2019, 09:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
╔══════════════╗
Amazon Fire Toolbox V4.4
╚══════════════╝

Introduction:
Android is known for its customization and freedom, however, companies like Amazon try their best to lock your devices down and present a limited amount of functionality, and often bloat them with useless stuff. Have you ever wished you could remove Amazon from the picture completely, install the Google Play Store, block OTA updates, reboot to recovery, or download mode all with the click of a button? Well, this tool is designed with these things in mind and aims to provide its users will full control over their devices.

This tool is essential for every Fire Tablet owner. With a clickable UI, and lightning-fast performance you can return the power into your hands. So, what are we waiting for? Let's get started!

Compatibility:
  • Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017).
  • Amazon Fire HD 8 (2018).
  • Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017).
  • Amazon Fire HD 8 (2016).

Getting Started:

Getting the Toolbox up and running with your tablet is surprisingly a very easy procedure. The only thing required is for you to enable Developer Options and ADB on your tablet. So, without further ado, let's get started.

IMPORTANT: If you are planning on using the Toolbox with a brand new Fire Tablet you haven't opened, please follow these directions. If you've already opened the tablet and set it up a while back just go ahead and skip these instructions.
  1. Unbox your brand new Fire tablet.
  2. Turn it on a continue to set it up until setup asks you for a Wifi access point.
  3. Tap on ANY WIFI access point (even if you don't know the password) and tap on the back key.
  4. Tap on the new "Skip" button that appears.
  5. Proceed with the setup until you reach the home screen.
At this point, please read the section below (follow the correct guide that is made for your tablet) on how to set up the device so it works with the Toolbox. It is also recommended that once you have access to the Toolbox and its tools to block OTA Updates before connecting to a WIFI access point (this will prevent the tablet from updating itself to the latest FireOS version).

FIRE HD 8 (2018) Guide
  1. Plug your tablet into your computer and allow Windows to install the necessary drivers (if you haven't done so already).
  2. Download, extract, and install the ADB drivers for the Amazon Fire Tablets onto your computer.
  3. Return to your tablet and go to Settings > Device Options > About Fire Tablet and tap on the Serial Number until you unlock Developer Options.
  4. Press the back button and find the new Developer Options and toggle it on.
  5. Scroll down till you find USB Debugging and enable it.
  6. Download the latest version of the Toolbox from the Downloads section of this page.
  7. Open the Toolbox and keep an eye on your tablet. A new popup should appear with the computer's RSA key.
  8. Tick the box that says "Always allow from the computer" and hit ok.
    That's it, the Toolbox should recognize your tablet and will take you to the Tools page. Enjoy!

FIRE HD 8, 10 (2016-2017) Guide
  1. Plug your tablet into your computer and allow Windows to install the necessary drivers (if you haven't done so already).
  2. Download, extract, and install the ADB drivers for the Amazon Fire Tablets onto your computer.
  3. Return to your tablet and go to Settings > Device Options and tap on the Serial Number until you unlock Developer Options.
  4. Find the new Developer Options and tap on it
  5. Scroll down till you find Enable ADB and enable it.
  6. Download the latest version of the Toolbox from the Downloads section of this page.
  7. Open the Toolbox and keep an eye on your tablet. A new popup should appear with the computer's RSA key.
  8. Tick the box that says "Always allow from the computer" and hit ok.
    That's it, the Toolbox should recognize your tablet and will take you to the Tools page. Enjoy!

Features:
  • Remove Everything Amazon - Removes every app installed by Amazon from the tablet.
  • Remove Lockscreen Ads - Installs Automate, and Amazon Lockscreen Ads Blocker 4.5 automatically.
  • Install Google Services - Installs the Google Framework, and the Play Store.
  • Block OTA Updates - Blocks "Over the Air" updates and prevents the tablet from forcing an update.
  • Power Options - Allows you to force the tablet to power off, reboot, boot into Recovery, and boot into Download Mode.
  • Install YouTube Vanced - Installs the modified version of YouTube that includes Background playback, Adblocking, resolution force, etc.
  • Install Smart Youtube TV - Installs the Youtube client found on Smart TVs, and gaming consoles. It supports 4K video, doesn't require Google Services, ads are blocked, and it is designed with big screens in mind.
  • Enhanced Updater - An updater that looks for any updates pertaining to any of the features or updates to the toolbox itself.
  • Notification Center - Recieve notifications on the latest updates, and anything pertaining to the Toolbox, or it's features.
  • WallChanger - Change lockscreen wallpaper to a custom image.
  • ADB Shell - Starts a ADB shell.
  • Restore Everything Amazon - Reinstalls ALL Amazon apps back onto the tablet.
  • Temporary Root Shell: Thanks to @diplomatic's AMAZING and OUTSTANDING mtk-su script the Toolbox now supports spawning a temporary root shell!
  • Sideload Apps - Sideload any app streight onto your tablet.
  • Parental Control Hide - Hides all dialogs produced by Parental controls.
  • Install Google Assistant - Replaces Alexa with Google Assistant.
  • Driver Detector - Detects and installs Fire tablet drivers if needed.
  • Density Modifier - Changes the Pixel Density (DPI) to custom values.
  • Manual Restore/Resmove - Allows the user to manually select apps to restore/remove.

Features Coming Soon:
  • Push and Pull - Copy files to tablet, and copy files from tablet to PC.
  • Modify System Settings - Modify strings located in the Android Settings Database.
  • Beta - Test features before they are released.
  • Attempt root - Test various methods of rooting as they become available.
  • Amazon to Stock - Install apps that emulate stock Android.
  • Firmware Flasher - Flashes and installs new firmware for supported tablets.
  • SDCard Formatter - Formats SDCard as internal storage.
  • Nova Widget Support - Enables widget support for Nova Launcher.
  • MANY MORE...

Downloads:
Version 1.0 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

*Version 1.5 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Version 2.0 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Version 2.1 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Version 3.0 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Version 3.1 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Version 3.2 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Version 4.0 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Version 4.1 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Version 4.2 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Version 4.3 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Version 4.4 - Download - Mirror 1 - Mirror 2 - Manual (.Zip)

* Version 1.5 hasn't been tested on a physical tablet so some features may not work as expected. Please, report any errors if you come across them. Thanks!

Changelog:
Version 1.0
  • Initial Release.
Version 1.5
  • Support for Amazon Fire HD 10 (2015) model has been added.
  • Fixed a few graphical errors.
  • Improved some sections of code to make the toolbox faster.
  • Update support has been added.
  • Notification Center has been added.
  • Settings page has been added.
  • You can now disable the splash screen.
Version 2.0
  • Fixed crashing issue related to disabling the splashscreen animation from within settings.
  • Fixed an issue where toggling the splash screen on or off would take you to the Updates settings menu.
  • Removed the placeholders for future features.
  • Revert tool for "Remove Everything Amazon" has been added.
  • Fixed System Apps not uninstalling.
  • Added option to install Smart Youtube TV or Youtube Vanced.
  • Themes are now supported.
  • Added "themes" menu to the settings.
  • The download button's label (located in the Power Options) has been changed to Bootloader.
  • Theme "Midnight Blue" has been added and set to default theme.
  • Theme "Classic Blue" can be toggled (old toolbox theme).
  • Settings's ribbon bar UI has been tweaked.
  • Lockscreen Wallpaper tool has been added.
  • You can now launch a ADB Shell directly from the toolbox.
  • Removed What's New dialog.
  • Changed label for feature "Install Youtube Vanced" to "Youtube Clients".
  • New UI for YouTube Clients tool.
  • Altering settings are now universal and will remember your preferences after a re-opening the toolbox.
  • Update method has been reworked.
  • Removal of Amazon SDKs has been avoided making the reinstallation of Amazon apps possible after removal.
  • Installation of Launcher Hijack, and Launcher Hijack has been removed from "Remove Everything Amazon".
Version 2.1
  • Added support for Amazon Fire HD8 (2016) models.
  • Improved tablet detection code.
  • Moved away from SFX (Self-Extracting Archive) to an installer to prevent the toolbox from unfairly being marked as a virus.

Version 3.0
  • The UI for the Main Menu has been changed.
  • About page is now contained inside the settings itself instead of opening in a seperate window.
  • Custom message for Fire HD 8 (2018) users letting them know their tablets are fully supported.
  • The reboot, power off, reboot to download, and reboot to bootloader tools now have a confirmation dialog.
  • Notification Center can now be disabled from the Settings (default is enabled).
  • Update UI corruptions have been fixed, and theme has been changed to Midnight Blue (Theme will not change with Toolbox).
  • Retry button for no device found has been removed and replaced with a system that waits for the device to be plugged in.
  • "Block OTA" tool now has tablet detection and will choose blocking method based on which device is plugged in.
  • "Temporary Root Shell" has been added to the Shells tools.
  • "Choose Removal Method" has been added to "Remove Everything Amazon" tool.
  • "Restore Everything Amazon" tool has been moved to the Main Menu.
  • New feature has been added: "Sideload Apps". You can now sideload any app onto your tablet!
  • Fixed an issue with the Remove Everything Amazon tool was removing manditory system apps on 7th gen Fire Tablets.
  • When using the tools that require the tablet to be rebooted, the Toolbox will now wait for the connection to the tablet to be re-established.
  • When using the Tool "Remove Everything Amazon" the Toolbox will now ask you if you want to remove Fire Launcher, and Fire Keyboard.

Version 3.1
  • You can now restore system apps using the "Restore Everything Amazon" tool after using "Remove Everything Amazon" on Amazon Fire HD8 (2018) models.
  • Amazon Fire HD7 (2017) tablets are now supported by the Toolbox.
  • Apps that were being marked as viruses have been decompiled and now run as scripts.
  • Update system has been reworked, and should now download updates successfully.
  • Architecture detection has been added to mtk-su, which should enable the Toolbox to select the appropriate version of mtk-su based on architecture.
  • Adb issues has been fixed.
  • The "Restore Everything Amazon" now supports Fire HD8 (2018) models.
  • The Updater will now ask you if you would like to view the changelog for a new update.
  • Issues with some tablets being unable to connect to PC after using the "Remove Everything Amazon" tool have been resolved.
  • Fixed issue with "Temporary Root Shell" tool not finding adb.

Version 3.2
  • Fixed an adb issue with the Block OTA tool.
  • Fixed an issue where the Notification Center would keep showing the same message at startup.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented packages: Amazon Game Circle, and Amazon Prime Music from being removed on Fire HD 8 (2018) models.
  • The Toolbox will now remember when you've viewed a message in the Notification Center and will not display it again.
  • New tool for Fire HD7 (2017) users: Parental Control Hide. This new tool blocks all messages from Parental Controls and stops the dialogs from appearing.
  • The description for the Remove Everything Amazon tool has been updated.
  • Updated the description for the Restore Everything Amazon tool.

Version 4.0
  • Improved "Remove Everything Amazon" tool for Fire HD 8 and 10 (2017) models.
  • Standard Shells in the "Adb Shells" tool now opens in a seperate window.
  • The About page in the Settings now contains a direct link to the XDA Forum.
  • Updated Automate, Launcher Hijack, GBoard, Nova Launcher, Smart Youtube TV, and YouTube Vanced apks to the latest version.
  • Updated Mtk-su to version 9.
  • Unwanted buttons have been removed from various tool UIs.
  • NEW THEME: Terminal!
  • Back and forward page buttons now match the current theme.
  • The titlebar on the Main Menu now displays the number of pages, and the current page the user is on.
  • Updater and Notification Center now use the Toolbox's current theme.
  • Fixed padding issue with Device Found message.
  • Fixed a Notification Center bug that prevented it from getting the notification from the server.
  • Back button located in Sideload Apps tool has now been moved to the actionbar to the bottom left hand corner.
  • NEW TOOL: Install Google Assistant!
  • Architecture detection for the "Temporary Root Shell" tool has been reworked and improved.
  • Upon startup the Toolbox will look for Fire tablet drivers and if drivers aren't found it will offer to install them.

Version 4.1
  • You can now manually select apps to remove using the Manual Removal subtool in the Remove Everything Amazon tool.
  • You can now manually select apps to restore using the Manual Restore subtool in the Restore Everything Amazon tool.
  • The Density Modifier tool has been added. You can now change the pixel density of your device.
  • The Toolbox has moved from an self extracting installer to a standalone installer.
  • Select Mode can now be toggled off from Settings (Windows 10 users only).
  • Admin rights are no longer required to run the Toolbox.

Version 4.2
  • Removed previous versions of Launcher Hijacker and included Amazon blocking workaround version.
  • Amazon Alexa, and Amazon Newsstand can now be manually removed.
  • Restore/Remove subtools have been updated to ouput chosen apps to the working path instead of the Windows Temp folder.
  • Setup no longer requires Admin rights to install.
  • Installation name and icon for Desktop and start menu shortcuts now have the Toolbox's icon and name.

Version 4.3
  • The "Manual Hide" subtool for 7th gen devices has been fixed and should now work.
  • The Toolbox is now capable of downloading and applying smaller updates.
  • Toolbox shortcuts should no longer be marked as a virus (compiled with Visual Studio instead of creating a batch file executable).

Version 4.4
  • Fixed issues with "Power Options" tool not rebooting or shutting off device.
  • Fixed issues with manual remove/restore subtools.

Notes:

As many of you pointed out, the Toolbox is now being marked as a virus. Please know that I take your security, and privacy VERY SERIOUSLY! If you are wondering why the Toolbox is being marked as a virus it is likely because it uses a SFX extractor which by nature are marked because they are self-extractors. Please, disable your antivirus or whitelist the Toolbox in your antivirus. Thanks!

VirusTotal Scan: Link.

NOTE FOR FIRE HD (2017) GEN OWNERS: Please use the "Restore Everything Amazon" tool, reboot your tablet, and then use the "Remove Everything Amazon" tool. I would also recommend to "Block OTA" once again because an app wasn't blocked in the previous versions of the Toolbox which caused issues with OTA proceeding despite it being "blocked".

When using the Lockscreen wallpaper changing app it is necessary to select an image, and when asked, crop the image. I suggest you download a 4k wallpaper to your tablet and set it as your wallpaper.

As with all tools if you come across a few bugs please let me know by posting a comment on this forum, or shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Buy me a Coffee:
If you like my work and would like to support me feel free to Donate. Thank you!
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to Datastream33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Datastream33 Ad-Free

13th January 2019, 09:03 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake

Donate to Me
More
Current Development
What I'm Up To: Informing Users of V4.3 Update Release

P.S: Please let me know if you have any issues with the Toolbox that you would like me to address in the new update.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Datastream33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Datastream33 Ad-Free
14th January 2019, 12:26 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
2018 HD 8, did the remove lockscreen ads. went through its process. said sucess. nothing changed, and nothing in the downloads folder
14th January 2019, 03:06 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx43Racing

2018 HD 8, did the remove lockscreen ads. went through its process. said sucess. nothing changed, and nothing in the downloads folder

This tool is designed to install Automate, push Amazon Lockscreen Ads Remover V4.5 to tablet, and install all permissions required to run the script. Now, to get it all set up and working you need to enter Automate and open the settings. From here you are looking for an option that's titled "Run on system startup" make sure you enable this option. Now, for installing the adblocker you can import it into Automate (Flow is found on your internal storage or sdcard) Or you can download the script from the automate community. Refer to this forum if you need assistance (skip steps 1-5 because they have already been done automatically by the toolbox). Sorry I can't write up a detailed post, I'm at a family gathering at the moment. Just let me know if you need further assistance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Datastream33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Datastream33 Ad-Free
14th January 2019, 04:43 PM |#5  

More
Great tool! However, after "removing everything Amazon", it seems to have also removed parental controls which screws up some things. I get "the requested action is not permitted. Check parental controls settings and retry" when I try to download offline translation functionality in Google Translate. When I go to the the tablets settings>parental controls, it won't open. Also seems to not allow install of Amazon related apps like kindle and prime video.
14th January 2019, 07:33 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfires

Great tool! However, after "removing everything Amazon", it seems to have also removed parental controls which screws up some things. I get "the requested action is not permitted. Check parental controls settings and retry" when I try to download offline translation functionality in Google Translate. When I go to the the tablets settings>parental controls, it won't open. Also seems to not allow install of Amazon related apps like kindle and prime video.

It's kind of annoying right? So, whats happening is Its coded to remove Parental Controls but I've just discovered it isn't able to because Parental Controls is a Device Administrator which you can't uninstall even with ADB without deactivating it first. As a result, I will update the tool so it doesn't remove anything related to parental controls until we can find a way to disable it. However, chances are kind of slim. I don't think its possible without root but we will see. I'm also thinking about a restore option for the "Remove Everything Amazon" tool that returns the amazon system apps so you don't have to do a factory reset.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Datastream33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Datastream33 Ad-Free
15th January 2019, 02:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datastream33

It's kind of annoying right? So, whats happening is Its coded to remove Parental Controls but I've just discovered it isn't able to because Parental Controls is a Device Administrator which you can't uninstall even with ADB without deactivating it first. As a result, I will update the tool so it doesn't remove anything related to parental controls until we can find a way to disable it. However, chances are kind of slim. I don't think its possible without root but we will see. I'm also thinking about a restore option for the "Remove Everything Amazon" tool that returns the amazon system apps so you don't have to do a factory reset.

Pls let us know when it's updated I would love to remove amazon bloat and free up some space
15th January 2019, 09:20 AM |#8  
Manchester
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thanks for this tool! It worked a treat
15th January 2019, 12:59 PM |#9  

More
question, if i remove everything amazon-related, can i still install kindle app from play store,? i tried this with a previous tool and had no succes, it would fail to install kindle from play store, i had to factory reset back.
15th January 2019, 07:27 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjta

Pls let us know when it's updated I would love to remove amazon bloat and free up some space

Of course

I'm not sure how long its going to take. Hopefully, its pretty quick! But, we will see!
The Following User Says Thank You to Datastream33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Datastream33 Ad-Free
15th January 2019, 07:29 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashaman25

Thanks for this tool! It worked a treat

AWESOME! So happy everything was satisfactory!

That makes me extremely happy to hear!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amazon, amazon fire hd 8 and 10, android, tool, windows

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)