FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][NO ROOT][7TH GEN/OLDER] Disable System Apps on Fire HD 7/8/10:

534 posts
Thanks Meter: 284

By Supersonic27543, Senior Member on 24th July 2018, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
LOOKS LIKE THIS ONLY WORKS FOR 5.6.1.0 AND UP BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS TRY IF YOU WANT, THIS *SHOULD* NOT DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE
THIS DOES NOT WORK ON NEW 2018 MODELS.

You can use this method in any tools or scripts, but you must add a link to this thread in these threads, videos, etc.
Hi!
This is a guide on how to disable system apps on 7th Generation or older Fire tablets.
This guide *should* work in theory for every Fire tablet, in every version, but I only tried this is my HD 8, version 5.6.1.0.
(Also the "pm hide" command does not just hide the app, it is almost completely identical to "pm disable", only the system interprets it differently. So, yes, you will notice a good increase in performance after you do this!)
Please hit thanks if this helped, it is easier than commenting thanks...
--You'll require a PC with ADB installed.--
--------
MANUAL METHOD:
1.) I attached an APK for "Amazon Facebook Share" below,(edit: it is not displaying properly in this thread, see post #1) install it with ADB, or copy it into the device and install it manually.
2.) Reboot.
3.) Now open the command prompt, and type:
Code:
adb shell
run-as com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook
id
4.) If the "id" command output *does not* start with "uid=2000" then you are good to go! Just run "pm hide" on every system app package you want to disable, you can find some lists in this forums. (If it does not, PM me your output or reply in this thread with the output)
5.) So, it looks like that this sheet works well.

SEMI-AUTOMATIC METHOD:
SORRY, CURRENTLY THE SEMI AUTO METHOD IS BROKEN, I'LL TRY TO FIX IT.
1.) Download the attached .ZIP and extract it, see post #30.
2.) Run the batch file, (it will reboot your device).
3.) Now continue the step #3 from above.
--------
If you try to access a disabled app, it will show an annoying warning, (like accessing "System Updates" in Device Options after disabling OTA)
Code:
The requested action is not permitted. Check Parental Controls settings and retry.
IMPORTANT- If you disable com.amazon.firelauncher, everything will work almost perfectly, but you will see the warning message I mentioned above every time you press home.
--------
Good Luck with disabling, and don't disable critical parts!
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to Supersonic27543 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Supersonic27543 Ad-Free

24th July 2018, 06:25 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Here is the APK.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook.apk - [Click for QR Code] (12.8 KB, 22866 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Supersonic27543 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Supersonic27543 Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 08:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sadly didnt work, have a Fire HD 8, 5.6.0.1
Installed it via adb install -r -d with the following error.
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]
24th July 2018, 09:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 106

Donate to Me
More
Works !
works on 5.6.2.0
removed the apps from the bloatware spreadsheet

Not yet rebooted my fire hd8
The Following User Says Thank You to t0x1cSH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t0x1cSH Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 09:50 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Need help with my fire HD 8 running fire OS 5.6.2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic27543

THIS IS STILL UNCONFIRMED, AND MAY OR MAY NOT WORK. BUT IT JUST WORKED FOR MY DEVICE.
Hi, I'll be unable to be in this forums for some time, maybe for a couple of months, (I will still check the forums when I can) so I'm going to leave a gift for everyone!
This guide *should* work in theory for every Fire tablet, in every version, but I only tried this is my HD 8, versions 5.6.0.1 & 5.6.1.0.
(Also the "pm hide" command does not just hide the app, it is almost completely identical to "pm disable", only the system interprets it differently. So, yes, you will notice a good increase in performance after you do this!)
-You'll require a PC with ADB installed.
1.) I attached an APK for "Amazon Facebook Share" below,(edit: it is not displaying properly in this thread, see post #1) install it with ADB, or copy it into the device and install it manually.
2.) Reboot.
3.) Now open the command prompt, and type:

Code:
adb shell
run-as com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook
id
4.) If the "id" command output *does not* start with "uid=2000" then you are good to go! Just run "pm hide" on every system app package you want to disable, you can find some lists in this forums. (If it does not, PM me your output or reply in this thread with the output)
If you try to access a disabled app, it will show an annoying warning, (like accessing "System Updates" in Device Options after disabling OTA)
Code:
The requested action is not permitted. Check Parental Controls settings and retry.
IMPORTANT- If you disable com.amazon.firelauncher, everything will work almost perfectly, but you will see the warning message I mentioned above every time you press home.
Good Luck with disabling, and don't disable critical parts!

hey, I am trying to get rid of some apps on the fire HD 8 and what this post said was not working and I was hoping you could help me out...
1. when I put the apk in the storage and try to install it on my Fire it comes back and says "app not installed" but I tried to push it with ADB and still no luck...so I try my luck and try all the commands anyway and here is the script I got back:

C:\Tools\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>adb shell
[email protected]:/ $ run-as com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook
run-as: Package 'com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook' is not debuggable
1|[email protected]:/ $ id
uid=2000(shell) gid=2000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1011(a db),1015(sdcard_rw),1028(sdcard_r),3001(net_bt_adm in),3002(net_bt),3003(inet),3006(net_bw_stats) context=u:r:shell:s0
[email protected]:/ $

anything would help.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Rangerclass For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rangerclass Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 09:59 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerclass

hey, I am trying to get rid of some apps on the fire HD 8 and what this post said was not working and I was hoping you could help me out...
1. when I put the apk in the storage and try to install it on my Fire it comes back and says "app not installed" but I tried to push it with ADB and still no luck...so I try my luck and try all the commands anyway and here is the script I got back:

C:\Tools\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>adb shell
[email protected]:/ $ run-as com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook
run-as: Package 'com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook' is not debuggable
1|[email protected]:/ $ id
uid=2000(shell) gid=2000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1011(a db),1015(sdcard_rw),1028(sdcard_r),3001(net_bt_adm in),3002(net_bt),3003(inet),3006(net_bw_stats) context=u:r:shell:s0
[email protected]:/ $

anything would help.

Thanks

i've copied the apk in /sdcard and then pm install -r -d /sdcard/com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook.apk
The Following User Says Thank You to t0x1cSH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t0x1cSH Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 10:10 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0x1cSH

i've copied the apk in /sdcard and then pm install -r -d /sdcard/com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook.apk

I just got the tablet on Prime day and have not yet got the sdcard...
is there anyway i could do it without and what Tablet do you have?
mine is a Fire HD 8 7th gen running OS 5.6.2.0

thanks for the advice and hope we can figure something out.
24th July 2018, 10:14 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerclass

I just got the tablet on Prime day and have not yet got the sdcard...
is there anyway i could do it without and what Tablet do you have?
mine is a Fire HD 8 7th gen running OS 5.6.2.0

thanks for the advice and hope we can figure something out.

simply copy the apk on the device via usb cable in the root directory
open adb shell on your pc
run pm install -r -d /sdcard/com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook.apk
then run run-as com.amazon.unifiedsharefacebook
and then check your id
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t0x1cSH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t0x1cSH Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 10:23 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

and then check your id

Thanks you so much.
I was doing /local not /sdcard because I thought that local would be it because I did not have a SD card yet.

the ID has now changed and I should be able to complete the first post.

Thank you so much for your time and help.
25th July 2018, 12:22 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

and then check your id

I still get the [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY] error

edt: not sure if I want to update if sooner or later an exploit might be found..? what do you guys think
25th July 2018, 12:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Worked for HD7 (7th Edition) with OS 5.6.1.0

Now I can disable ("hide") further OTA updates.
Thank you very much.

Edit: I bought my HD7 last year, which came with O.S. 5.4.0.0. However, after "pm uninstall" Special Offer and a few Amazon Apps, I forgot to "pm uninstall" OTA. Consequently, it continued to get OTA updates till now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)