This is how to do it:
1) Download KingRoot. The version for PC is Chinese only. For English, get APK file. Very detailed instructions are here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...x-5-0-t3107461 . Download APK file directly to the device for easier installation.
2) Install KingRoot. Can be done by tapping the APK file on the device. Watch for error message: "Installation blocked". Tap "More details", then tap "Install anyway (unsafe)".
3) Run KingRoot. Tap "Try it" button, let it work. Then tap "Try Root", and let it work again. There will be "Failed to Root" message after that. You will also see how many requests to root have already been received. Please note it down. We need more!
4) Request root for your device! Tap "Submit request" link at the bottom of the app. This will add your vote, and hopefully will help getting root faster.
5) Post below when you did it, to encourage other people to do the same. Please also post the current number of requests, to help keep track of our progress.
Do it now!
All the above is very easy to do, and should take 5-10 minutes tops. If everyone coming here for root does that, the chances are we will get KingRoot's attention and actually get root.
P.S. Big thank you goes to Ayredfr for the idea: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=109 .