FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Have you successfully root your fire hd 6th gen 2016?

Yaa!

23 Vote(s)
35.94%
Nah, failed...

41 Vote(s)
64.06%

[COMPLETE GUIDE]Root HD7/8/10(6th Gen 2016) and replace with SuperSU

76 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By phpbb88, Member on 26th January 2017, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
FOR 2016(6th GEN) ON 5.3.1 AND 5.3.1.1 ONLY: Works on HD7, HD8 and HD10
You can downgrade from 5.3.2 by adb sideload the 5.3.1.1 bin file.

DO NOT downgrade from 5.3.2.1!! Hard-brick attention!!
This guide requires some ADB skills, read more from the forum, install it from here

1. Enable ADB and install apps from other sources in Developer Options
  2. Download Kingoroot PC version at www.kingoapp.com or google mirror
  3. Root your Kindle using Kingoroot, then reboot your device
  4. Download a file explorer apk (ie. ES File Explorer) and sideload install the apk to your kindle
  5. Download SuperSU apk at APKPure, but DON'T install it first
  6. Download the attachment "Kingo.to.SuperSU" below then unzip and paste into your kindle, ie /sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU
  7. Run ADB Shell and type
    Code:
    su
    mount -w -o remount /system
  8. Keep the root-accessed ADB shell open, then remove root by using Kingoroot
    (If your kindle reboot at this step, you need to re-root it and try the above steps again)
  9. In the ADB shell type
    Code:
    cd /sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU
    cp ./su /system/xbin/daemonsu
    chmod 0755 /system/xbin/daemonsu
    daemonsu -d &
  10. Still keep that root-accessed ADB shell opened, copy the SuperSU apk into your kindle and install it using the file explorer, DO NOT OPEN IT.
  11. In the ADB shell type
    Code:
    cp ./su /system/xbin/su
    chmod 0755 /system/xbin/su
    rm /system/xbin/supolicy
    rm /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
    rm -rf /system/usr/iku
    rm -rf /sdcard/Kingroot
    (1 error with "No such file or directory" is okay I think)
  12. Run SuperSU and update binary, choose the "normal" one, then it should ask you to reboot your kindle
  13. Open up SuperSU and go to setting
  14. Set the "Default Access" as [Grant]

Due to unknown reason, kindle cannot prompt the "Asking for root access", this step is to allow all access for all apps.
  15. Install Root Checker and confirm you have root, run ADB shell to confirm you can su
  16. Remove Kingolink and that Kingo battery app from kindle
  17. Uninstall Kingo from PC via manual unins000.exe inside install directory in programs(x86)

ALL DONE! You may then want to install google play, do all the pm disable for OTA, firelauncher, and other amazon services you don't want.

References:
[Index] Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10 (5th Gen/2015)
[Working]Root Kindle Fire HD8 6th Gen
Tips, Tricks, and the Root!
[HOW-TO] Install Google Play Store (Fire OS 5.3.1.1) (No Root/ADB)
[Script] Replace KingoRoot with SuperSU

Credits:
@coltxL2717
@chemie99
@2ig2ag
@smokejumper76
@phpbb88 ME
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kingo.to.SuperSU.zip - [Click for QR Code] (149.2 KB, 3858 views)
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to phpbb88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phpbb88 Ad-Free

26th January 2017, 06:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phpbb88

Code:
cp ./su /system/xbin/su
chmod 0755 /system/xbin/su
rm /system/xbin/supolicy
rm -rf /system/usr/iku
rm -rf /sdcard/Kingroot
[*]Run SuperSU and update binary then it should ask you to reboot your kindle[*]Open up SuperSU and go to setting

Getting error at Step 11:

After entering
getting
No such file or directory

Then when updating binaries, SuperSU says "Installation successful! Reboot your device." On reboot, says that binaries are not installed and the app closes itself. Also, when initially updating SuperSU binaries, which option is to be chosen? The first "Normal" or the second "Custom/TWRP."

Here is my full log:

[email protected]:/ $ su
[email protected]:/ # mount -w -o remount /system
[email protected]:/ # cd /sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # cp ./su /system/xbin/daemonsu
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # chmod 0755 /system/xbin/daemonsu
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # daemonsu -d &
[1] 5542
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # cp ./su /system/xbin/su
[1] + Done daemonsu -d
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # chmod 0755 /system/xbin/su
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # rm /system/xbin/supolicy
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # rm /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
rm: /system/bin/install-recovery.sh: No such file or directory
1|[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # rm -rf /system/usr/iku
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # rm -rf /sdcard/Kingroot
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # reboot
26th January 2017, 11:13 PM |#3  
OP Member
Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imadiamond

Getting error at Step 11:

After entering
getting
No such file or directory

Then when updating binaries, SuperSU says "Installation successful! Reboot your device." On reboot, says that binaries are not installed and the app closes itself. Also, when initially updating SuperSU binaries, which option is to be chosen? The first "Normal" or the second "Custom/TWRP."

Here is my full log:

[email protected]:/ $ su
[email protected]:/ # mount -w -o remount /system
[email protected]:/ # cd /sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # cp ./su /system/xbin/daemonsu
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # chmod 0755 /system/xbin/daemonsu
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # daemonsu -d &
[1] 5542
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # cp ./su /system/xbin/su
[1] + Done daemonsu -d
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # chmod 0755 /system/xbin/su
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # rm /system/xbin/supolicy
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # rm /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
rm: /system/bin/install-recovery.sh: No such file or directory
1|[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # rm -rf /system/usr/iku
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # rm -rf /sdcard/Kingroot
[email protected]:/sdcard/Kingo.to.SuperSU # reboot

in step 10, install SuperSU but do not open it.
your log should have no problem, maybe try again from clean state? (clean 5.3.1./5.3.1.1 state)
PS. you should choose "normal" when update binary
The Following User Says Thank You to phpbb88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phpbb88 Ad-Free
27th January 2017, 04:53 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for making this clear and concise guide! Well done.
27th January 2017, 06:02 AM |#5  

More
Quote:

in step 10, install SuperSU but do not open it.
your log should have no problem, maybe try again from clean state? (clean 5.3.1./5.3.1.1 state)
PS. you should choose "normal" when update binary

Did cache wipe/format and reset to factory settings via device recovery (powering on and holding volume button.)

Went through the process again, and THOUGHT it worked, even though I got the same "No such file or directory" error. I didn't reboot on Step 12 and went into SuperSU setings to "Grant." Got Root Checker. Had root. Rebooted and opened Root Checker and had no root. So--

1) still getting same "No such file" error: how can I reset the device "clean" without that new .bin? Isn't there a way to "clean" the OS already on the device? On 5.3.1.1 On device did "wipe data/factory reset" then "wipe cache partition" and have also done them in the opposite order to make sure.

2) On step 12 do you reboot the device like SuperSu says, or do you just go straight into the settings. I was rebooting the device at this point for 3 or 4 tries. The last two times I did not and went straight into settings. Still same error of "No such file or directory." The file IS in the Kingo.to.SuperSU folder though, even downloaded and unzipped the attachment a few times.
27th January 2017, 11:28 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could I also install a customrom after root? with one?
27th January 2017, 06:31 PM |#7  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meikschlenther

Could I also install a customrom after root? with one?

Not at this time... There are no ROMs as of yet, and if I'm not mistaken we would need a custom recovery and our bootloader is still locked.
27th January 2017, 07:51 PM |#8  
OP Member
Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imadiamond

Did cache wipe/format and reset to factory settings via device recovery (powering on and holding volume button.)

Went through the process again, and THOUGHT it worked, even though I got the same "No such file or directory" error. I didn't reboot on Step 12 and went into SuperSU setings to "Grant." Got Root Checker. Had root. Rebooted and opened Root Checker and had no root. So--

1) still getting same "No such file" error: how can I reset the device "clean" without that new .bin? Isn't there a way to "clean" the OS already on the device? On 5.3.1.1 On device did "wipe data/factory reset" then "wipe cache partition" and have also done them in the opposite order to make sure.

2) On step 12 do you reboot the device like SuperSu says, or do you just go straight into the settings. I was rebooting the device at this point for 3 or 4 tries. The last two times I did not and went straight into settings. Still same error of "No such file or directory." The file IS in the Kingo.to.SuperSU folder though, even downloaded and unzipped the attachment a few times.

Please download the official 5.3.1.1 bin, wipe cache, factory reset, then sideload the bin through recovery mode and follow the guide step by step strictly.

edited: please have a look at here, I somehow worked with 1 error, which is likely the "rm /system/bin/install-recovery.sh" command.
28th January 2017, 06:48 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

Please download the official 5.3.1.1 bin, wipe cache, factory reset, then sideload the bin through recovery mode and follow the guide step by step strictly.

edited: please have a look at here, I somehow worked with 1 error, which is likely the "rm /system/bin/install-recovery.sh" command.

First problem was even though previously all drivers loaded and I was able to root/re-root and navigate adb.... when booting the device into recovery mode? Tablet not recognized by computer. Extremely frustrating. Read and read and read.... and finally came across something from @smokejumper76 -----answer was in Device Manager, tablet was showing up as KFGIWI with the error that drivers were not installed. Did "manually install drivers" "Search online" does not work) and chose ADB Composite Device, and now tablet is recognized in recovery mode.

Issue NOW is the process gets halfway through installation and then force closes with

E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed

Man, I am ticked. What now? Been reading for the past hour++. People elsewhere are saying to change the .bin extension to .zip, but I haven't seen that here on the XDA forum.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Install from ADB complete: went through. After multiple tries, did 2 things at once so not sure which one it was
1) ran cmd prompt as Administrator
2) deleted all 5.3.1.1 bin files from computer, just in case what was gotten previously was corrupt, and redownloaded fresh file onto the ADB computer, instead of the copy and paste version from another computer
28th January 2017, 02:25 PM |#10  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Thanks for making this guide! Worked perfect 1st time on my hd8 2016. Used rootjunky supertool to disable ota, install nova, disable ads Lockscreen, install Google play.

Just a thought, in the guide, you state, you could get es file Explorer from Amazon appstore, which would imply you have wifi on...which could get you updated to 5.3.2.1 without you knowing? Should prolly stick to sideloading ES only until ota is disabled.

Thanks again

From the time I turned the hd8 on for 1st time, I kept wifi off until I was rooted and able to disable ota.
The Following User Says Thank You to el7145 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift el7145 Ad-Free
28th January 2017, 06:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
I hope all you guys are also donating some bux to Kingoroot (I did).

We want to keep those geniuses happy and cranking out rooting updates for the v5.3.2.x builds!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ¿GotJazz? For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ¿GotJazz? Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)