FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Donate to k4y0z and xyz`] BL UNLOCK, TWRP image for Fire HD10 (2019, Maverick)

276 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By AmznUser444 Dev, Senior Member on 1st November 2019, 06:36 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
We donated to @k4y0z and @xyz` to create a TWRP images, exploit packages for bootloader hacking to unlock and rooting with Magisk. The exploit packages file is amonet-maverick.zip or kamakiri-maverick.zip (only works on patched Linux distributions).

Fire HD 10 2019 specs/bug status:
- Android: 9 Pie, SDK 28
- USB-C (with UART pin)
- Generation: 9th
- Model: KFMAWI
- Codename: Maverick
- CPU/SoC: MediaTek MT8183 Octa-core
- Test points: Nothing to show. Post the picture of the Fire HD 10 test points
- ADB debugging: Working, Fastboot not working on USB-C adapter
- Developer Options unlocked: Gets unlocked
- Bootloader unlock/TWRP (Hack): Not tried
- Mtk-su temporary root from @diplomatic: Tried, it's blocked.
- LauncherHijack/Launcher Replacement: LauncherHijack (modified package name) is working fine but delays at the Fire Launcher in few seconds to goes into selected launchers when pressing home button. We recommend to unblock the original LauncherHijack by uninstalling Arcus Android Client app (com.amazon.nimh)
- Benchmarking: Benchmarked with AnTuTu (crahing sometimes because is the bloatware), 3DMark, Geekbench
- Android System/framework-res.apk modifications: Not tried
- Google Services installition: Working fine
- Google Sound Amplifier: Not tried
- Google Assistant: Working fine
- Tools from @Datastream33: Created
- Digital Wellbeing: Not tried
- Adaptive battery: Not tried

Please post the bug tests because isn't tried.

Updated in 12/04/2019
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmznUser444 Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AmznUser444 Dev Ad-Free
1st November 2019, 03:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
FYI - I got $10 for an oldddddd Fire 7 trade-in AND a $20 coupon on a new tablet. So new Fire 10 could be as low as $120.
1st November 2019, 04:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,042

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph

FYI - I got $10 for an oldddddd Fire 7 trade-in AND a $20 coupon on a new tablet. So new Fire 10 could be as low as $120.

And if you wait a month till Black Fri, it will be $100!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bibikalka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bibikalka Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 11:11 AM |#4  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I got one. LauncherHijacker works (use the renamed one), however it seems that Amazon's new battery system kills it after a while. I use FNG and set a swipe up to take me to nova launcher rather home. Widgets can be enabled without any work arounds. Google Play services can be sideloaded. Google Assistant can replace Alexa natively via developer settings.
3rd November 2019, 04:04 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPVideoMaker

I got one. LauncherHijacker works (use the renamed one), however it seems that Amazon's new battery system kills it after a while. I use FNG and set a swipe up to take me to nova launcher rather home. Widgets can be enabled without any work arounds. Google Play services can be sideloaded. Google Assistant can replace Alexa natively via developer settings.

I've had limited success with the renamed LauncherHijacker. My bluetooth keyboard stops working when it's enabled and it seems a little off when hitting the home button. Whenever I hit mine, it goes to the normal fire launcher, sits for a few seconds then launches nova. Maybe lag or if it's having to cold start the launcher?

Installed the latest google play packages. Also installed Youtube Vanced. Had to use not the newest release but the second newest release. Whenever installing MicroG w/ Youtube Vanced, whenever it tries to interact w/ the google accounts it crashed almost immediately. Installing the previous version I got everything working.
3rd November 2019, 04:40 AM |#6  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis02

I've had limited success with the renamed LauncherHijacker. My bluetooth keyboard stops working when it's enabled and it seems a little off when hitting the home button. Whenever I hit mine, it goes to the normal fire launcher, sits for a few seconds then launches nova. Maybe lag or if it's having to cold start the launcher?

Installed the latest google play packages. Also installed Youtube Vanced. Had to use not the newest release but the second newest release. Whenever installing MicroG w/ Youtube Vanced, whenever it tries to interact w/ the google accounts it crashed almost immediately. Installing the previous version I got everything working.

Yeah I had the issues with volume and such, so I got rid of it. For microG, you need to disable the battery optimizing from settings.
4th November 2019, 09:05 PM |#7  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Loading greatness....
I can't wait for TWRP to come out for this tablet. I personally haven't bought one yet until TWRP Recovery is out. I also am waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday for this tablet to go on sale, then I'll buy one and wait for @Kaijones23 and @ggow to release a LineageOS.
5th November 2019, 12:00 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalTARDIS

I can't wait for TWRP to come out for this tablet. I personally haven't bought one yet until TWRP Recovery is out. I also am waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday for this tablet to go on sale, then I'll buy one and wait for @kaijones23 and @ggow to release a LineageOS.

@Kaijones23 and @ggow to create an unofficial LineagesOS 16 (Android 9 Pie) for Fire HD10 Maverick
8th November 2019, 12:31 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,042

More
@k4y0z and @xyz` have gone off the grid recently. Did the guys burn out??? The last time I pm'ed @xyz` , he was not interested in donations, and neither he had it set up. Has anything changed?

I might get the new HD10 on sale for Black Friday, and keep it in storage until root (if ever).The new HD10 has decent specs overall (1080p screen and cpu) for $100 (BF price!!!), but low on RAM.

What else can you get for $100 these days? For example, Dragon Touch K10 Tablet (10") is currently at $85 (usually $100), stock Android 9, BUT !!! 720p screen Easy MTK root, and no issues making it stick with the Magisk hack by @diplomatic.

I guess, the new HD10 with all its pros and cons is either for Amazon loyalists, or committed renegades, like most of us here
8th November 2019, 04:00 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibikalka

@k4y0z and @xyz` have gone off the grid recently. Did the guys burn out??? The last time I pm'ed @xyz` , he was not interested in donations, and neither he had it set up. Has anything changed?

I might get the new HD10 on sale for Black Friday, and keep it in storage until root (if ever).The new HD10 has decent specs overall (1080p screen and cpu) for $100 (BF price!!!), but low on RAM.

What else can you get for $100 these days? For example, Dragon Touch K10 Tablet (10") is currently at $85 (usually $100), stock Android 9, BUT !!! 720p screen Easy MTK root, and no issues making it stick with the Magisk hack by @diplomatic.

I guess, the new HD10 with all its pros and cons is either for Amazon loyalists, or committed renegades, like most of us here

I indeed do not accept donations (I don't know what's up with this thread), and I don't plan on working on this device due to lack of time and interest.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xyz` For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xyz` Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 12:45 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9,510

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibikalka

I have moved on to the Onn product line distributed by Walmart. Still enjoy my older Amazon gizmos but probably won't be adding any Fire branded devices to portfolio anytime soon.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/wal...lmart-t3945284

BTW the donation thing turned sour after folks hijacked the original intent for their own selfish interests.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread