FORUMS

FireOS 5.6.0.0 HD 8 (2017) + Google play store

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By cdytqn, Junior Member on 15th November 2017, 03:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2017, 02:48 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
When I updated my device the GPS not run . anyone can help me
30th November 2017, 05:00 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have had the Google Play Store and Services etc installed since i purchased my 7th Gen HD 8 last Sat. I've noticed that Google Play tries to install an update for the Kindle App but it fails and then when I try to open the Amazon Books app after wards it blinks a black screen then the app crashes and goes back to the Apex Launcher home screen. I have to restart the HD 8 in order to get that app to work again and when I do it acts as if this is the first time i've opened the app.

I have searched Google and this Forum but can't seem to find any info on this. Has anyone else seen this issue and know how to fix it?
30th November 2017, 07:03 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneece

I have had the Google Play Store and Services etc installed since i purchased my 7th Gen HD 8 last Sat. I've noticed that Google Play tries to install an update for the Kindle App but it fails and then when I try to open the Amazon Books app after wards it blinks a black screen then the app crashes and goes back to the Apex Launcher home screen. I have to restart the HD 8 in order to get that app to work again and when I do it acts as if this is the first time i've opened the app.

I have searched Google and this Forum but can't seem to find any info on this. Has anyone else seen this issue and know how to fix it?

It seems Amazon chose to use a different signature for those apps which means at least for now you can't update them successfully or even install play store versions when Amazon versions have been uninstalled.
1st December 2017, 01:40 AM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaleloi666

Any change regarding the possibility of installing Google Play after this new update?

Yes, I did it two days ago. When yu are on that step to do "instal", just turn of/turn on your tablet and you will see that "install button" are working.

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellokat

go to the download where the install button is dimmed, just lock and unlock the screen, "install" button should light up

Lock/unlock is not working. Just turn of/turn on the tablet and is working.
1st December 2017, 11:57 AM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
With my 5.6.0.0 tablet the next button is blanked out EVEN with.....

(1) Allowing apps from unknown sources. And turning that off and on, and rebooting

(2) Using sleep button to lock/unlock tablet

(3) And plain turning the tablet on and off

2nd December 2017, 11:56 AM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari101

With my 5.6.0.0 tablet the next button is blanked out EVEN with.....

(1) Allowing apps from unknown sources. And turning that off and on, and rebooting

(2) Using sleep button to lock/unlock tablet

(3) And plain turning the tablet on and off

If you haven't already, makes sure you are scrolling to the bottom of the permissions list then lock/unlock. On my HD 10 I think it was the third one, Play Services, that the button only lit up after scrolling.
2nd December 2017, 06:23 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooicidal

If you haven't already, makes sure you are scrolling to the bottom of the permissions list then lock/unlock. On my HD 10 I think it was the third one, Play Services, that the button only lit up after scrolling.

BINGO.........what's left of my head thanks you.
11th December 2017, 05:22 AM |#18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
My gmail keep force close. Can anyone help?
11th December 2017, 03:35 PM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond016

My gmail keep force close. Can anyone help?

Someone mentioned setting up the built in Amazon app first to solve that. I did that first before installing Gmail (and turned off notifications for the Amazon one) and haven't had any problems.
12th December 2017, 04:08 AM |#20  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooicidal

Someone mentioned setting up the built in Amazon app first to solve that. I did that first before installing Gmail (and turned off notifications for the Amazon one) and haven't had any problems.

setting up what? can you show me more detail please!
12th December 2017, 11:27 AM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooicidal

Someone mentioned setting up the built in Amazon app first to solve that. I did that first before installing Gmail (and turned off notifications for the Amazon one) and haven't had any problems.

Gmail does not show up as an app on AmazonStore, or did you mean some other email app. I'm having the same problem that my Gmail app from Google Play store opens and then immediately crashes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes