FORUMS

[GUIDE][NO ROOT] Remove Amazon apps on Fire 10 HD 2019

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By BobPony, Junior Member on 25th November 2019, 07:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Requires ADB to be installed on system, here's the list of commands that will get rid most of the amazon apps including OTA.

Legal Notices
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.legalsettings

Forced OTA
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.kindle.otter.oobe.forced.ota

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.device.software.ota

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.device.software.ota.override

Weather
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.weather

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.platform

System updates
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.settings.systemupdates

Kindle books
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.kindle

Prime video
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.avod

Special offers
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.kindle.kso

Content Management service
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.kindle.cms

Kindle store
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.webapp

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.tahoe

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.iris

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.audible.application.kindle

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.cloud9.kids

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.cloud9.contentservice

Silk browser
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.cloud9

Amazon app store
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.venezia

Amazon goodreads share
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.unifiedsharegoodreads

Goodreads
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.goodreads.kindle

Amazon gamecircle
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.ags.app

Amazon Maps
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.geo.mapsv2.services

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.geo.mapsv2

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.geo.client.maps

Shop Amazon
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.windowshop

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.csapp

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 amazon.alexa.tablet

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.dee.app

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.mp3

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.photos

Calendar/Contacts/Email
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.android.calendar
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.android.contacts
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.android.email

OTA Photo Importer
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.photos.importer

Device Setup
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.kindle.otter.oobe
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BobPony For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BobPony Ad-Free
25th November 2019, 10:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, I tried a few of these and they worked, I think its just disabling them but either way I dont have to see their faces, I mostly did the updates OTA, Maps and good reads so I cant speak for the others. Thanks for the tip.
26th November 2019, 01:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9,978

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourteen00

Hey, I tried a few of these and they worked, I think its just disabling them but either way I dont have to see their faces, I mostly did the updates OTA, Maps and good reads so I cant speak for the others. Thanks for the tip.

Many will come back over time as disabling system apps using this method is not durable. Rinse and repeat as needed.
26th November 2019, 02:45 PM |#4  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB126

Many will come back over time as disabling system apps using this method is not durable. Rinse and repeat as needed.

This ^. I'm pretty sure Amazon will re-enable apps via OTA updates, unless you disable them via some script or via exploit which will be found in around 2 weeks

Sent from my Fire using Tapatalk
28th November 2019, 05:17 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB126

Why would they come back? I also disabled Amazon Appstore and OTA updater.
28th November 2019, 05:21 PM |#6  
Flag Tbilisi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXM500

Because they want you to use their services and Google banned them for using their services, at least that's what I know so we have to use their super idiotic services

28th November 2019, 05:33 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinto

Because they want you to use their services and Google banned them for using their services, at least that's what I know so we have to use their super idiotic services

I understand that but I have literally blocked them from everything. Amazon has no control over my tablet anymore. I won't do any OTA updates.
28th November 2019, 05:35 PM |#8  
Flag Tbilisi

More
Quote:

I understand that but I have literally blocked them from everything. Amazon has no control over my tablet anymore. I won't do any OTA updates.

Well, if you disabled OTA via some script them ok, but if you didn't they will install automatically even if you don't press install button, I assume you disabled it via script

28th November 2019, 05:41 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Well, if you disabled OTA via some script them ok, but if you didn't they will install automatically even if you don't press install button, I assume you disabled it via script

Hmm.. That's interesting. I didn't use any script. But how are they going to install when all related packages are disabled?

I guess we'll see
28th November 2019, 05:43 PM |#10  
Flag Tbilisi

More
Quote:

Hmm.. That's interesting. I didn't use any script. But how are they going to install when all related packages are disabled?

I guess we'll see

I believe they hid something on root level, so I don't think using only adb is going to solve any problem, I would suggest waiting 2 weeks to 1 month and unlock tablet

The Following User Says Thank You to Xinto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xinto Ad-Free
28th November 2019, 05:57 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9,978

More
Quote:

If you nutered (renamed) DeviceSoftwareOTA.apk then most apps disabled via "pm disable-user ..." will remain in that state. Otherwise, they are easily reenabled via other processes or OTA activity. Disabling the previously mentioned app (none of the others really matter) and/or the Amazon app store via 'pm disable-user ...' is not durable as has been demonstrated on numerous occasions. FireOS will periodically re-enable apps/services it deems essential.

Caveat: I do not currently own a 2019 HD 10 (one is on the way) so it's possible behavior may be different on the FIreOS variant loaded on this devices. That said, FireOS has been behaving this way since early v3.x builds released in 2012. I see no reason why Amazon would reverse positions now as Fire devices are intended to be captive portals into the Amazon ecosystem, not general purpose Android gizmos.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote:

Not entirely accurate. While Amazon does want you to use their app store as it serves as a source of revenue to subsidize the low cost of hardware (not to mention the rest of the Amazon ecosystem) they do not explicitly block the installation of Google Play Service/Store. Google did not 'ban' Amazon devices. While FireOS is a heavily skinned Android variant it does not meet the criteria to have Google Play Service pre-installed given the presence of a competitive app store. All of the major players operate this way. It would be nice to see Amazon offer Fire devices in two flavors (one with a generic Android build including the Play Store at a higher price point) but there is no economic incentive to do so. If you want that buy an Onn or Samsung device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)