FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HD 10 (2017) google play store and other .APK installs after Nov 4th update.

218 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By mad_sunday, Senior Member on 6th November 2017, 11:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, there are plenty of youtube videos about installing google play services onto the 10" tablet (2017 version). After the November 4th update the install button is greyed out, and can't be "clicked". However, someone has found a trick to bypass it. This is not my idea, I used it and am passing it on.

You need to install some (1 per APK you need to install) small apps from the Amazon app store. Any apps will do, small is quicker, you're going to delete them anyway. After installing the Amazon apps start to install the first apk (Google services or whatever). When you get to the point where the install button is greyed out, tap "home" (middle round button). Now hold one of the amazon apps until the uninstall option appears, and uninstall it. Tap the right (square) button to show all running apps, and open the window of the APK install. The install button now works. Repeat as many times as are needed to get all your APK's installed. Hurry, I doubt this will work for long 

Pete
The Following User Says Thank You to mad_sunday For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mad_sunday Ad-Free

6th November 2017, 12:12 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burton, Staffordshire

More
mm
The Following User Says Thank You to mad_sunday For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mad_sunday Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 01:42 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you, this worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to TSgtT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TSgtT Ad-Free
7th November 2017, 05:33 AM |#4  
Flag Vegas
Thanks Meter: 71

Donate to Me
More
@mad_sunday
I KNEW I WASNT AN IDIOT!
Apparently Amazon recalled this update. It literally doesn't exist anymore...

Sent from my ariel using XDA Labs
7th November 2017, 02:52 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burton, Staffordshire

More
[QUOTE=TechNash;74432392]@mad_sunday
I KNEW I WASNT AN IDIOT![/QUOTE

Did I call you an idiot? Sorry buddy, you lost me
7th November 2017, 10:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hi there, I just got my HD 10 (2017) today and I found your thread while searching for the reason my Install button was greyed out. While I was reading your post, I may have discovered a slightly easier way to do this.
  1. Start installing your apk, and get to screen where Install is greyed out.
  2. Press the power button to put your device to sleep.
  3. Press the power button again, and unlock your device.
  4. The Install button should activate when your device unlocks, allowing you to install your apk.

I was able to install a number of apks without having to download anything from the Amazon Appstore. I hope this helps someone.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to imapiekindaguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imapiekindaguy Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 01:27 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapiekindaguy

Hi there, I just got my HD 10 (2017) today and I found your thread while searching for the reason my Install button was greyed out. While I was reading your post, I may have discovered a slightly easier way to do this.

1. Start installing your apk, and get to screen where Install is greyed out.
  2. Press the power button to put your device to sleep.
  3. Press the power button again, and unlock your device.
  4. The Install button should activate when your device unlocks, allowing you to install your apk.

I was able to install a number of apks without having to download anything from the Amazon Appstore. I hope this helps someone.

I just set up my new fire tablet and can confirm that this method works. Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaa-Yoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jaa-Yoo Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 03:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I'm planning to buy a Fire HD 10 on the Black Friday at $99 (to replace my aging Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4) but I really need to be able to have the Play Store on it, otherwise, no big use for me, even though I'm a Prime member. Hope these tricks you guys find to install apks keep on working, even when Amazon will update the OS...
8th November 2017, 09:28 PM |#9  
My Fire HD 10 (2017) auto-updated to 5.6.0.0 a few days ago. Is this the update being discussed? I couldn't find any info on what is new or changed in 5.6.0.0.
11th November 2017, 08:41 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great Work Around
It kicked and screamed a bit. I initially had to wait for the tablet to go to sleep on it's own, then unlocking before the install button became active, after that, the additional files install button worked with forcing sleep and unlocking. Buggy for sure, great workaround, thanks!! > HD8, 6th Gen 5.6.0.0
13th November 2017, 03:02 PM |#11  
Flag Oberhausen
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I found a much easier way

Start APK Install till the point where the Install button is greyed out ... click the square "key" to activate task view ... select the installer app ... button is no longer greyed out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sammy1971 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sammy1971 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)