[HD 10] Third party prime video does not work

Search This thread

TheRealIntence

Jul 26, 2016
I rooted and unlocked my FireHD 10 2017.
After disabling every Amazon bloat, I wanted to install Prime Video from the Playstore. In order to get rid of any package conflict, I removed prime video folder provided in /system/priv-app. I can successfully install prime video from Playstore but it only launches for two or three seconds and then it crashes. Logcat doesn't show any interesting log.
Is there anyone who know what could cause this? I really want to keep prime video updated so I like the Playstore variation.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I rooted and unlocked my FireHD 10 2017.
After disabling every Amazon bloat, I wanted to install Prime Video from the Playstore. In order to get rid of any package conflict, I removed prime video folder provided in /system/priv-app. I can successfully install prime video from Playstore but it only launches for two or three seconds and then it crashes. Logcat doesn't show any interesting log.
Is there anyone who know what could cause this? I really want to keep prime video updated so I like the Playstore variation.
Playstore build of Prime Video won't run on FireOS. Been that way for years.

Feb 23, 2019
I'm in the same boat, gifted the device to my mother and now she wants to watch movies on Prime Videos but couldn't make it work.

Bulliover

Apr 10, 2019
Answer

I'm in the same boat, gifted the device to my mother and now she wants to watch movies on Prime Videos but couldn't make it work.

Hello, I have made a factory reset. Then I updated the software. And then I removed the Amazon interface again, but left the Amazon Store. From there I was able to install Prime.