FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Porting cyanogenmod 12.1 on fire hd8 2017

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 114

By t0x1cSH, Senior Member on 2nd July 2019, 06:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm experimenting with getting the cm 12.1 to work on my hd8 2017.
One of my college friend suggested to try replace part of the folders in the system partition with the one in the cm and today i've tryed and to my astonishment it reachd the cm 12.1 splash screen and from there i'm getting a very nice bootloop :P

I know this is probably the worst way of porting a rom ( seems to me so, im not an expert) but if some rom-porting expert can tell me what is wrong with the boot process even just for the sake of knowledge.

in the attachments a splash-screen image and a partial logcat (the logcat was capture when the tablet was "dirty" and still had FireOS data and cache)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190702_173227.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	4786388  
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat-1.txt - [Click for QR Code] (220.1 KB, 76 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t0x1cSH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t0x1cSH Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 09:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
I know @Rortiz2 was looking at doing the same thing.

Maybe you two can coordinate.
2nd July 2019, 10:31 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0x1csh

i'm experimenting with getting the cm 12.1 to work on my hd8 2017.
One of my college friend suggested to try replace part of the folders in the system partition with the one in the cm and today i've tryed and to my astonishment it reachd the cm 12.1 splash screen and from there i'm getting a very nice bootloop

i know this is probably the worst way of porting a rom ( seems to me so, im not an expert) but if some rom-porting expert can tell me what is wrong with the boot process even just for the sake of knowledge.

In the attachments a splash-screen image and a partial logcat (the logcat was capture when the tablet was "dirty" and still had fireos data and cache)

oh my god!! What rom used as base!!??? What folders did you replaced? More info please! Also you need to wipe data and system before flash a ROM.
Send it to me please, I will take a look.
2nd July 2019, 10:41 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortiz2

oh my god!! What rom used as base!!???
Send it to me please, I will take a look.

cm-12.1-20190616-UNOFFICIAL-i9105p from androidfilehost on top of 50.6.2.6 i dont have the image right now but i can make you one
my friend send me this https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2545618 and i followed it step by step
2nd July 2019, 10:59 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0x1cSH

cm-12.1-20190616-UNOFFICIAL-i9105p from androidfilehost on top of 50.6.2.6 i dont have the image right now but i can make you one
my friend send me this https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2545618 and i followed it step by step

Dude you need to use a ROM from an mtk 64 bit device!
I suggest this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ele...t/rom-t3355842
Let me port it using that guide and I will send you a .zip for flash it using flashfire.
2nd July 2019, 11:10 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Dude you need to use a ROM from an mtk 64 bit device!
I suggest this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ele...t/rom-t3355842
Let me port it using that guide and I will send you a .zip for flash it using flashfire.

well what i changed is mostly java so i dont think the arch is that important plus mostly of the libraries on the fire hd8 are 32 bit
2nd July 2019, 11:20 PM |#7  
Quote:

well what i changed is mostly java so i dont think the arch is that important plus mostly of the libraries on the fire hd8 are 32 bit

Libraries on hd8 2017 are 64 bit too (lib64 folder). And yes, it's very important. You can't port a ROM from an Snapdragon device to an MTK one lol.
I'm surprised that the bootanimation started.
Did you used flashfire for flash it?
2nd July 2019, 11:22 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Libraries on hd8 2017 are 64 bit too (lib64 folder). And yes, it's very important. You can't port a ROM from an Snapdragon device to an MTK one lol.
I'm surprised that the bootanimation started.
Did you used flashfire for flash it?

nope i've patched the system image from the ota
but excluding the libraries (that i didn't touch) i know that you can't port a rom if the apps are odex at least until you deodex all of them becouse the odex contains the compiled code specific to the processor, correct me if i'm wrong
2nd July 2019, 11:24 PM |#9  
Quote:

nope i've patched the system image from the ota

And flashed it with "hacked fastboot" no?
2nd July 2019, 11:27 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

And flashed it with "hacked fastboot" no?

yep
2nd July 2019, 11:29 PM |#11  
Quote:

yep

So you mounted stock system.img, replaced that folders, unmounted it and flashed it tought fastboot? Very interesting. IDK why bootanimation started if you're using stock boot.img that doesn't starts the bootanimation service from init.rc.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)