FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WORKING ROOT] How to root Amazon Fire HD 8 & 10! (NOT 5th Gen / 2016 model)

126 posts
Thanks Meter: 80

By nyln, Senior Member on 7th February 2016, 10:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th October 2016, 04:53 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQURORA

First: Go to Settings > Security > Enable Apps from Unknown Sources.

Download The Google Apps (I can't link, so google search them)

**Use an app such as ES File Explorer to install them, but install them in this exact order:

1. Google Services Framework
  2. Google Play Services
  3. Google Account Manager
  4. Google Play Store

After Google Play Store is installed (the last one), open it. Search and download Youtube App. After Youtube App is done, open it, which will bring you to the Google Play Store Update page. Update. Restart Device. Done. Everything in the Google App Store should be working.

Cheers.

So, thank you for posting the first and only 6th gen guide for the fire tablet, but these instructions aren't working for me. I have a feeling it could be because I updated the Fire OS to 5.3.1.1 (latest patch). Every time I try to install any of the apps listed above, I get a "parse error", which I'm sure in Kindle speak means "we don't want any google play on this device, use our app store because we want money damn it". It does this even when I try to use the ES Explorer, which coincidentally, I am no longer able to update. Any suggestions?

17th October 2016, 05:17 PM |#102  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaKabuterimon

So, thank you for posting the first and only 6th gen guide for the fire tablet, but these instructions aren't working for me. I have a feeling it could be because I updated the Fire OS to 5.3.1.1 (latest patch). Every time I try to install any of the apps listed above, I get a "parse error", which I'm sure in Kindle speak means "we don't want any google play on this device, use our app store because we want money damn it". It does this even when I try to use the ES Explorer, which coincidentally, I am no longer able to update. Any suggestions?

parse error is just general install error, often a factory reset will fix
the 7in supertool also works great for installing Google Apps
I created a new thread
[Q&A/T] Amazon Fire 5th Gen [SuperTool] (Un/Official Help Thread for HD8/HD10)
for specific questions about the Fire Supertool and the HD8/HD10 models

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
19th October 2016, 05:12 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Did anyone have success using Kingroot on the latest 2016 Fire HD 8 (and 10) devices?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackie78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jackie78 Ad-Free
19th October 2016, 06:17 PM |#104  

More
I have installed Google apps on my Fire HD 6th Gen, but I cannot automatically sync my Google account, to automatically be notified of new mails in the GoogleMail app. There is no such setting as "add account" to add custom accounts. Is there any workaround?
20th October 2016, 03:15 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie78

Did anyone have success using Kingroot on the latest 2016 Fire HD 8 (and 10) devices?

No, not yet. I'm following this daily, because I want to root it. This is what I know so far:
Kindle 8, 6th Generation:
  1. Root: Not possible yet with any tool
  2. Google Play/Store -
  3. On 5.3.1 OS -> Via Rootjunky Script.
  4. On 5.3.1.1 OS -> I dont know.
20th October 2016, 04:51 PM |#106  

More
I installed the Playstore on 5.3.1, after that the device auto-updated to 5.3.1.1, and the playstore is still there. So maybe I had just luck...
20th October 2016, 06:07 PM |#107  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie78

I installed the Playstore on 5.3.1, after that the device auto-updated to 5.3.1.1, and the playstore is still there. So maybe I had just luck...

no that is how it should work, if play store was installed as a user app (non root method)

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Labs
24th October 2016, 01:04 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Rowhammer?
Somebody already tried this on Fire HD (Android rooting with rowhammer attack)?

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016...s-now-a-thing/

Edit: Oh, the software hasn't been published yet :-/
27th October 2016, 07:47 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
There's also dirty cow exploit too. Better turn off auto update for now till there is a public dirty cow-based rooting solution

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
9th November 2016, 08:12 PM |#110  

More
Help Please!
Hello and Thank you for viewing my post!

I am New to Android Devices and the "Rooting" Process. I am a regular Apple user and use a Jailbroken iPhone and Use a Mac as well but have Windows Mirroring Capabilities on my Mac.

I just bought the Kindle Fire HD 8 (6th Generation) (2016) and it came with os 5.1.1 installed but once i connected to wifi it automatically updated me to 5.3.1.1.

I do not like the OS it includes as there are too many annoyances present (Ads, Unwanted OEM Applications, Etc.) and would like to Root my device and Run a "Real" Android OS and in other words, convert my Kindle Fire HD 8 into a Android Tablet as many do but i am unable to root because i am on 5.3.1.1.

If someone could please help walk me through the steps i need to take to root and all the tools ill need to do so, as well as ways to avoid bricking the device in the process.

Thank you in advance!
-Elijah
10th November 2016, 12:03 AM |#111  

More
Does anyone know for sure how to root a Fire 10 H.D. OS 5.3.1? Ive tried the super tool from Root Junky and King root. No success. Ive looked at every article and website that comes up in a search but no joy so far. Any assist would be appreciated. I hope this post is in the correct place. Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amazon fire, amazon fire hd, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)