Wifi issue on Fire HD 10 (2017) and HD 8.

Search This thread

acquydepchai

Dec 10, 2010
I have both Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017 version) and Amazon Fire HD 8. I bought them on last Black Friday promotion.
Is the wifi on them horrible or is just my units? I can't even make it through 3 minutes of a video on Youtube without it stopping and buffering (wifi was still on and connected).
My phone, ipad, laptop, all connect and load everything fine, so I know it's not my internet connection.
I found the same exactly case here: reddit.com/r/kindlefire/comments/7jz4eq/wifi_dropping_with_fire_hd_10

What about your other devices? Please give me advice if you have the same issue. Thanks.

Mekawy

May 15, 2018
I have the same problem here, at first I thought it the router problem, but this wifi issue doesn't happen with my Samsung phone or the laptop.

j0hnnie

Mar 11, 2011
I had the same issues. WiFi often got stuck. Under WiFi preferences I often saw "Connected, no internet connection". I did two things and the problem completly dissapeared:
- Factory reset
- Disabled smart suspend in the battery options (btw: battery lifetime did not decrease)

Maybe the second approach works for you without a reset. And btw I tested alot of browsers: Opera gives the best browsing experience on the Fire HD 10 (2017) in my opinion.