Thanks Meter: 1,040

By diplomatic, Senior Member on 26th February 2019, 02:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st March 2019, 08:18 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSP G35

In a related question... I did the launcher hijack method a while back (long before root) to install Nova, but I had the 'parental controls' popup on pressing the home button, which someone then made a work-around for that would close the dialog right away so it just showed up as a flicker if at all...

Is there a cleaner method for replacing the launcher now that we have root that can allow removal of the stock launcher, and prevent that popup and all these hacky work-arounds?

first you need to reinstall the fire os if You removed amazon app using toolbox kit .You can use this method for temp root then pm disable com.amazon.firelauncher or pm disable com.amazon.paladin if you using fire hd8 2018 8th gen , I just did on my fire hd8 2018 version without any problem and after you disable the stock launcher you can delete launcher hijack.

1st March 2019, 08:47 PM |#102  
Flag Tibirias
Thanks Meter: 79

Donate to Me
More
LORD... I HAS ROOT... the good days are here
any quick script to purge (disable) amazon from the fire?
1st March 2019, 09:04 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 961

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl

LORD... I HAS ROOT... the good days are here
any quick script to purge (disable) amazon from the fire?

Welcome to the club! The fastest way to debloat is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3&postcount=45

I just re-did it for my own use, see the new scripts.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bibikalka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bibikalka Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 09:10 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el7145

Congratulations, ur method is confimed working with the updated file you posted for a Fire TV 2...worked 1st time

Since this is a temp root, if you restart your device before you had the chance to perm root, i assume you just do all the steps again to gain a temp root?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibikalka

Great job!

The script now works on Fire HD10 2017 as well!!! I got a root shell on FireOS 5.6.3. Just to be sure, I checked - SuperSu log was clear, so it was not a su request

Great! Thrilled to hear that, guys. I updated the OP with the new version.

@el7145, if you restart, just run mtk-su again. You don't have to push it to storage again.

@bibikalka, wow, that would be quite a trick to use existing supersu to get an su shell without detection....
The Following User Says Thank You to diplomatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diplomatic Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 09:26 PM |#105  
Flag Tibirias
Thanks Meter: 79

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Welcome to the club! The fastest way to debloat is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3&postcount=45

I just re-did it for my own use, see the new scripts.

thanks for the quick "debloat" might tweak it later after i finish enjoying my amazon free fire HD.. i do have prime so i might want some stuff
1st March 2019, 09:45 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 961

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl

thanks for the quick "debloat" might tweak it later after i finish enjoying my amazon free fire HD.. i do have prime so i might want some stuff

There is a script in there to quickly "rebloat". It will restore all the things that were disabled. If you optimize this stuff, please post!
1st March 2019, 10:10 PM |#107  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfresno

Worked for me also on the first go for the Fire TV 2.

were able to get a perm root solution working??? i cant for the life of me get a perm root option to stick
1st March 2019, 11:10 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Flashfire is an overkill! If you don't have recovery, just do it via the Xposed installer apk - link. Use this exact version : XposedInstaller_by_dvdandroid_25_12_17.apk. It will let you choose xposed-v89-sdk22-arm64, the newer installer seems to default to arm. Here are the instructions that still work - link.

For HD8 2018 do it via Magisk.

I tried this with the download and method above and my rooted Fire HD 8 7th Gen got stuck on boot. Any advice?

It's all good now. I sideloaded the official firmware and it fixed it.
1st March 2019, 11:15 PM |#109  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@el7145, while I'm not the foremost authority on this subject, I think you should maybe try setting permissions for other files that you copied. Such as..
Code:
chmod 755 /system/xbin/supolicy
chcon u:object_r:system_file:s0 /system/xbin/supolicy
chmod 644 /system/lib64/libsupol.so
chcon u:object_r:system_file:s0 /system/lib64/libsupol.so
And try to see if 'su' works before starting daemonsu.
The Following User Says Thank You to diplomatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diplomatic Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 11:31 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochy19

Working on Fire 8 HD 2016 with Fire OS 5.3.6.4, thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0000

awesome. thank you very much!

anyone successfully install xposed? please share which one or guide you used.

Thanks again!

You're welcome, guys! Appreciate the feedback.

By the way, I wish XDA had some kind of a Like link or button on every post so that you can express your thanks by raising a member's "appreciation count". Like other social media sites do. Wouldn't that be cool?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diplomatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diplomatic Ad-Free
2nd March 2019, 12:26 AM |#111  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomatic

@el7145, while I'm not the foremost authority on this subject, I think you should maybe try setting permissions for other files that you copied. Such as..

Code:
chmod 755 /system/xbin/supolicy
chcon u:object_r:system_file:s0 /system/xbin/supolicy
chmod 644 /system/lib64/libsupol.so
chcon u:object_r:system_file:s0 /system/lib64/libsupol.so
And try to see if 'su' works before starting daemonsu.

Thanks for helping, i appreciate it, its still not working...i cant get superuser to update binaries...although i do still have root, so i can actually get su permission granted via su prompt to esfile explorer, i can go in and take a look to verify file permissions and make sure everything was copied correctly. of course if i restart my fire tv i lose all root function

My question to you would be, with your perm root directions...
cp /data/local/tmp/su /system/xbin/su this copies su file to the base xbin folder? or should there be a folder called su in xbin where the su file goes
cp /data/local/tmp/su /system/xbin/daemonsu again does this copy su to a folder in xbin named daemonsu (I dont have any subfolders in my system/xbin folder)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fire hd 10, fire hd 8, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)