[ROM][unlocked][douglas] Lineage-12.1 [5 SEP 2020]

Search This thread

edan13

Apr 17, 2013
oh okay thanks for clearing it up (again)

are there any roms/kernels for douglas that support DTW?

or are there any apps/workarounds to wake the tablet w/o the hardware buttons? Want to use it wall-mounted that's why hardware buttons aren't optimal

cheers

Rortiz2

oh okay thanks for clearing it up (again)

are there any roms/kernels for douglas that support DTW?

or are there any apps/workarounds to wake the tablet w/o the hardware buttons? Want to use it wall-mounted that's why hardware buttons aren't optimal

cheers

No kernel available. There are some apps that allow you to do that, but you'll loose a lot of battery. I'm not going to search them for you, do a quick google search.

hi, can you make a build with the latest security patch?

cheers

To get onto the December Security Patch you must install the version update 7.1.2 made by the same developer Roritz. (THIS WILL WIPE DATA SO PROCEED ONCE BACKED UP) Flash this file and be sure to install opengapps pico too!

Android 7.1.2 by Roritz:
[ROM] [unlocked] [douglas] [OTAs] Lineage-14.1 [30 JAN 2021] | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)
Open Gapps Pico:

pbcsd

Sep 5, 2017
I've confirmed that the rom will NOT WORK on the newest version of Magisk. Flash SuperSU or install Roritz's Android 7.1.2 project to use the newest version of Magisk.

Just noticed the same thing, when I installed Magisk it goes into an endless loop at startup. Where is this Android 7.1.2 project located?

Edit: Ah, nevermind, the 14.1 version. Issue with that is the camera doesn't work which I need for an application I'm using this older tablet for (needs to wake when it detects motion so uses the camera for that).

pbcsd

Sep 5, 2017
@Rortiz2 I installed 14.1 first before realizing the camera was not working, then wiped that and installed 12.1 instead, but am having the same issue with the camera not working.

Is it an issue that isn't resolved at all with Lineage on the 7th gens, or did I make a mistake somewhere by installing 14.1 first and it's killed the camera for 12.1 as well?

Just noticed the same thing, when I installed Magisk it goes into an endless loop at startup. Where is this Android 7.1.2 project located?

Edit: Ah, nevermind, the 14.1 version. Issue with that is the camera doesn't work which I need for an application I'm using this older tablet for (needs to wake when it detects motion so uses the camera for that).

Right here: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unlocked-douglas-otas-lineage-14-1-30-jan-2021.4195349/unread

@Rortiz2 I installed 14.1 first before realizing the camera was not working, then wiped that and installed 12.1 instead, but am having the same issue with the camera not working.

Is it an issue that isn't resolved at all with Lineage on the 7th gens, or did I make a mistake somewhere by installing 14.1 first and it's killed the camera for 12.1 as well?

Camera in Android 7.1.2 was disabled due to massive battery drain, it's in the post. Even if it was working the camera quality is less than VGA.

pbcsd

Sep 5, 2017
Camera in Android 7.1.2 was disabled due to massive battery drain, it's in the post. Even if it was working the camera quality is less than VGA.
I actually keep the deivce plugged in 24/7 and use it as a tablet, camera is only used for motion detection so quality is meaningless.

Is there a way to activate it for folks that don't care about the drain?

megazone23

Dec 30, 2010

If you absolutely need camera, you might try SlimLP for douglas in another thread. I've been using that for my kids doing video call.

edan13

Apr 17, 2013
hi; it's been a while for me so i need quick confirmation from you guys

i want to do a fresh installation of Lineage 12.1 on my Douglas. It is currently already unlocked, rooted, running Lineage OS 12.1 and TWRP.

can i just boot into recovery, do a factory reset via TWRP , flash the Lineage OS 12.1 .zip again + Magisk 20.4 for root?

do i need to follow any other steps in any specific order? any wipes necessary after flashing Lineage and/or Magisk?

thanks!

koop1955

Mar 17, 2011
Las Vegas
www.larrykuperman.com
Moto G 5G
hi; it's been a while for me so i need quick confirmation from you guys

i want to do a fresh installation of Lineage 12.1 on my Douglas. It is currently already unlocked, rooted, running Lineage OS 12.1 and TWRP.

can i just boot into recovery, do a factory reset via TWRP , flash the Lineage OS 12.1 .zip again + Magisk 20.4 for root?

do i need to follow any other steps in any specific order? any wipes necessary after flashing Lineage and/or Magisk?

thanks!
Most of us have moved on to a later build of Lineage: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unlocked-douglas-giza-otas-lineage-15-1-02-jan-2022.4328503/

But in answer to your question, Factory Reset before install, then ROM, Magisk and GAPPS if you like, Dalvik cache afterward.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */
    LineageOS needs no introductions. This version of LineageOS-12.1 is a highly customised version solely for the Amazon Fire HD8 2017

WARNING: You need to be unlocked: https://xdaforums.com/hd8-hd10/orig-development/unlock-fire-hd-8-2017-douglas-t3962846
    LineageOS 14.1 thread: https://xdaforums.com/hd8-hd10/orig-development/unlocked-lineage-14-1-t4195349

Known Issues:
    - Video recording

Installation:
    - Boot to TWRP
    - Format data
    - Wipe data, system, cache
    - Install the ROM
    - Install G-APPS (optional)
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy the ROM

Prerequisites:
    - Unlocked BL
    - TWRP

Downloads:
    Lineage-12.1 for the Amazon Fire HD8 2017

Source Code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/CM12-1-Douglas/android_device_amazon_douglas
    ROM Source: https://github.com/cm12-amami
    Kernel: https://github.com/douglas-development/android_kernel_amazon_douglas/tree/cm-12.1

Thanks to:
    - @MSe1969 for the up to date cm-12.1 sources
    - @k4y0z and @xyz` for the bootloader hack
    - yos-two for the mt8163 proprietary libs
    - LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 12.1 Amazon Fire HD8 2017, ROM for the Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10

Contributors
    Rortiz2, t0x1cSH, beefy1986, Kaijones23, k4y0z, ggow, xyz
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Fire OS
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2019-09-13

Created 2019-09-13
    Last Updated 2020-09-13
    Changelog

2020-09-05
    • Updated Security Patches to August 2020.
    • Synced with LineageOS sources (cm-12.1 amami).

2020-05-14
    • Update security patches to May 2020.
    • Updated Vendor Blobs to the latest FireOS release (update-kindle-50.6.5.4_user_654620520.bin).
    • Enable USB Dock in the Kernel (thanks @novatillo).
    • Switch back to default fingerprint.
    • Fixed MicroG signature spoofing.

2020-03-27
    • Update security patches to March 2020
    • Fix md32 data path (Should improve battery life)
    • Fix EGL_BAD_DISPLAY.
    • Some Unity Games seems to be working on this build (Monument Valley 2, etc)
    • Synced with LineageOS 12.1 sources (cm-12.1 amami)

2020-03-15
    • Fixed low memory killer in the kernel. Fixes the lag. (Thanks @novatillo)!
    • Synced with cm-12.1 amami sources.
    • Switched to Google Nexus 10 fingerprint. (SafetyNet).

2020-02-27
    • Fixed crash on some games (Mostly based on unity. Donut Maker, Toca Kitchen, etc...).
    • Synced with cm-12.1 amami sources.
    • Security patches of February.
    • Updated blobs to 5.3.7.0.
    • Reworked vendor tree.

2020-01-10
    • Sync with LineageOS (cm-12.1 amami) sources.
    • Fixed headphones. Thanks to @spelcheck and @t0x1cSH.
    • Kernel built with GCC 9.

2019-12-14
    • Added MicroG compatibility
    • December Security Patches.
    • LineageOS Updates.
    • Upstream to 3.18.140. (Thanks to @novatillo)

2019-10-26
    • Fixed webview crash

2019-10-22
    • October security patches.

2019-10-11
    • Fix swapped volume keys.
    • Upstream to 3.18.32.
    • Switch to latest fingerprint from Amazon FW.

2019-09-14
    • Build memtrack from MTK Sources.
    • Build lights from MTK Sources.
    • Upstream to 3.18.21+.
    • Enable lz4 compression in kernel.

2019-09-13
    • Initial Release
    New Build is UP!

DATED 2020-05-14
    • Update security patches to May 2020.
    • Updated Vendor Blobs to the latest FireOS release (update-kindle-50.6.5.4_user_654620520.bin).
    • Enable USB Dock in the Kernel (thanks @novatillo).
    • Switch back to default fingerprint.
    • Fixed MicroG signature spoofing patch.

Download in the OP.
    Updated the changelog aswell.
    Enjoy :)
    New Build is UP!

DATED 2020-06-14
    • Update security patches to June 2020.
    • Updated Vendor Blobs to update-kindle-50.6.5.4_user_654620620.bin
    Download in the OP.
    Updated the changelog aswell.
    Enjoy :)
    New build is up

2019-10-26
    - Fixed webview crash