[discontinued][ROM][unlocked][suez] Lineage-12.1 [05 MAY 2020]

Search This thread

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Oh my gawd, yes! I just nerdgasm'ed! I don't care if this is Lollipop, or beta, I'm just happy it's not FireOS! Thank you, you beautiful man, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Downloading at work, hopefully it's done before the end of my shift, lol. The WiFi here is horrible.

Enjoy the ROM, even though its beta, it should be stable. Let me know of any problems and I'll take a look.

Last edited:

Kctucka

Mar 24, 2019
Everything is very stable for first release. Great work!

Only thing I've found is that videos don't load on Instagram. They do load on YouTube and YouTube TV. I've yet to test other video streaming, but will report if I find anything else.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Everything is very stable for first release. Great work!

Only thing I've found is that videos don't load on Instagram. They do load on YouTube and YouTube TV. I've yet to test other video streaming, but will report if I find anything else.

I'm add this to my list, thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Kctucka

pdh4118

Feb 5, 2019
Thank you for your works.

<What I found>
1.Twitch streaming doesn't work besides the sound.
2.Youtube resolution is fixed up to 360p.
3.One of A72 core stopped refer to CPU-Z

Reactions: ggow

enzo1990

Apr 25, 2018
Thank you so much for this, the ROM (with OpengApps Micro) works already completely stable and smooth.
Bugs have been already reported: YouTube only 360p, and one A72 Core seems to be deactivated: Geekbench 4 shows 3 Clusters, 1 @ 0.00 GHz, 2 @ 1.4 GHz and 1 @ 1.81 GHz. Benchmark-Result is 1335 (Single) /2125 (Multi) - Seems to be OK (https://bit.ly/2OBuY3W). Maybe just a wrong core info display?

Have to admit it's really good. Just flashed it onto one of my test tablets. Going to give a quick rundown of what I did so everyone can make their own decisions.

We finally have a full arm64 device so no more hacking things to get them to work on here. That also includes SuperSU. Which for the first time ever on this device works flawlessly. So I went ahead and install the ROM downloaded the nano arm64 gapps package and flashed both of those. Downloaded the super user removal flashable zip from the lineage OS website and the last or latest SuperSU zip, flashed the removal zip first then SuperSU. Then rebooted the system and everything booted perfectly the first time. SuperSU works 100% without any modifications and that is without the modified zip we've been using.

So far I can only find one complaint out of the 30 minutes that I've been setting this up and that is the volume. As it stands without any modifications you can barely hear anything unless you decide to use a bit of an obnoxious notification, or you have to set an annoying sounding alarm like I do. The Wi-Fi seems to be pretty stable. Be prepared for the Google apps and their components to update the second they get the chance so don't think it's broken but it will return to normal and be Tip-Top shape once they're done.

So far everything is as smooth as can be and I cannot find any bugs or flaws other than the single one I listed above so far. Absolutely impressive.

The only other thing I have a complaint with or a problem with is external storage. It will not read an SD card at all but it will plug into a PC and transfer files that way okay. I've tried four different SD cards none of them work but all of them work in a various amount of other devices.

Sent from my suez using XDA Labs

Seems really stable and smooth so far, been tinkering with it while at work and since I got home, so for a good 12 hours or more, and so far I've had no issues with the ROM itself. Haven't tested video play back other than what's locally on my microSD card, though.

OH! I just remembered an odd thing, don't know if it's a bug or not, but the built-in CM/LineageOS file chooser won't let me access the external microSD card. I'm trying to set the download/backup storage location for Tachiyomi, and it just doesn't show anything but "Recent" and "Internal Storage," even after checking the "Show SD card" option. Very weird and annoying. Most other apps have their own built-in chooser, or simply offer the choice between internal and external storage, but no custom directory like Tachiyomi. Any way around this? I've tried installing MIXplorer, and disabling the CM File Browser, but that didn't affect the file chooser at all.

EDIT: Huh.... I just checked the settings, and it appears that the SD card was unmounted or otherwise unavailable, and it said "used space 0 bytes" or something like that. I rebooted it and it's back again.

Last edited:

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Have to admit it's really good. Just flashed it onto one of my test tablets. Going to give a quick rundown of what I did so everyone can make their own decisions.

We finally have a full arm64 device so no more hacking things to get them to work on here. That also includes SuperSU. Which for the first time ever on this device works flawlessly. So I went ahead and install the ROM downloaded the nano arm64 gapps package and flashed both of those. Downloaded the super user removal flashable zip from the lineage OS website and the last or latest SuperSU zip, flashed the removal zip first then SuperSU. Then rebooted the system and everything booted perfectly the first time. SuperSU works 100% without any modifications and that is without the modified zip we've been using.

So far I can only find one complaint out of the 30 minutes that I've been setting this up and that is the volume. As it stands without any modifications you can barely hear anything unless you decide to use a bit of an obnoxious notification, or you have to set an annoying sounding alarm like I do. The Wi-Fi seems to be pretty stable. Be prepared for the Google apps and their components to update the second they get the chance so don't think it's broken but it will return to normal and be Tip-Top shape once they're done.

So far everything is as smooth as can be and I cannot find any bugs or flaws other than the single one I listed above so far. Absolutely impressive.

The only other thing I have a complaint with or a problem with is external storage. It will not read an SD card at all but it will plug into a PC and transfer files that way okay. I've tried four different SD cards none of them work but all of them work in a various amount of other devices.

Sent from my suez using XDA Labs

Will look into the sdcard probably something similar to what I recently fixed on austin and ford devices.

Enjoy the rom.

sga999

Mar 13, 2012
I'm wondering if there is something generally going on with video streaming. Someone has already mentioned the YouTube issue, but I haven't tried that. But I am having problems with a couple of apps. If I use the Chrome or Firefox browser, enter url courttv.com, at the top it will stream what is currently going on. Instead, it always gets an error message and won't play. This did not occur when using Fire OS. Also, I tried the NBC app, and when I click on any show to play, the app closes immediately. That's not giving very much information, so let me know what you would need. But I think it seems like a "general" problem with video.

FYI, I haven't done much with it, but I don't see any issue with the external SD card.

Otherwise, I am so happy that you have accomplished this. Terrific work!

Last edited:

sga999

Mar 13, 2012
I'm wondering if there is something generally going on with video streaming. Someone has already mentioned the YouTube issue, but I haven't tried that. But I am having problems with a couple of apps. If I use the Chrome or Firefox browser, enter url courttv.com, at the top it will stream what is currently going on. Instead, it always gets an error message and won't play. This did not occur when using Fire OS. Also, I tried the NBC app, and when I click on any show to play, the app closes immediately. That's not giving very much information, so let me know what you would need. But I think it seems like a "general" problem with video.

FYI, I haven't done much with it, but I don't see any issue with the external SD card.

Otherwise, I am so happy that you have accomplished this. Terrific work!

EDIT: I'm attaching a screenshot of the Court TV problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-02-18-38-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-02-18-38-44.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 372

fprhqkrtk303

Jan 21, 2011
Works great. Thanks for the great rom.
Seems like headset does not work. Rom respondes to the buttons I click but no audio comes out. Bluetooth works fine.
Plus, HW decoder doesn't work when watching video (MX Player)

Last edited:
Reactions: nazoxx and twocrows

sakibstark

Feb 3, 2019
maybe there's a lot of apps that are not used like on the fire os I disabled so many apps that it always had 1.1 GIgs of Ram free most of the time. On this one it has 600-700 Mb free Ram. Perhaps removing some would help the boot to be faster. But Its buttery smooth from my pov.

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

And if you go to settings to see running apps sometimes it says 00B used.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */
    LineageOS needs no introductions. This version of LineageOS-12.1 is a highly customised version solely for the Amazon Fire HD10

- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: This ROM only works on devices using the bootloader hack. See <<< HERE >>> to unlock your devices.

- IMPORTANT: Do not update Magisk via the Magisk Manager App, your device will enter a bootloop if you do. Instead update Magisk via TWRP only. If you do this by accident then it is recoverable by just flashing the latest version of the ROM again (with gapps etc as required).

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
    - Please report bugs here
    - Report only one issue per bug report
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
    - Saying something isn't working without proper explanation will not attract any attention.

Known Issues
    - Wired headphones do not work
    - Camcorder does not work

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Unlocked Bootloader
    - TWRP Installed

Initial Installation
    - Enter TWRP
    - Enter wipe option
    - Format Data
    - Then swipe to factory reset
    - Copy the ROM to your device
    - Copy optional zips like gapps and magisk to device if required
    - You also have the option of using micro-g framework
    - Flash ROM, then optional zips
    - Reboot
    - And Enjoy :D

Upgrading to a new version
    - Copy the ROM to your device
    - Flash ROM
    - If you use Magisk then be sure to flash that again too.
    - And Enjoy :D

Downloads
    *** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
    Lineage-12.1 for Amazon Fire HD10"

Source Code
    - ROM Source: https://github.com/cm12-amami
    - Kernel Source: https://github.com/ggow/android_kernel_amazon_mt8173-common
    - Suez Tree: https://github.com/ggow/android_device_amazon_suez
    - mt8173-common Tree: https://github.com/ggow/android_device_amazon_mt8173-common

Thanks
    - @MSe1969 for the up to date cm-12.1 sources
    - @k4y0z and @xyz` for the bootloader hack
    - @Goayandi for the mt8173 resources
    - LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10

Contributors
    ggow
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-08-01

Created 2019-08-01
    Last Updated 2020-05-05
    lineage-14.1

I have been working on lineage-14.1 and have it booting. Needs a bit of knocking into shape. Will release once it's ready for testing.
    Maybe I found a tiny bug :)
    When I open up the case, it activates screen. It is normal.
    However, the screen does not turn off when the case is closed.
    Even I used a 3rd party case, it was functioning well with stock Fire OS.

Anyway, I really appreciate ggow's hard work!

I have fixed this, the device will be put to sleep correctly when the lid is closed. Will be in the next release.
    New Build is Up

Dated 23 August 2019
    - August 2019 ASB patches (sec. string 2019-08-05)
    - Additional (backported) security patches from AOSP branch 'nougat-mr2-security-release
    - Privacy Browser updated to version 3.2
    - SetupWizard rebranded to LineageOS
    - Build libaudioroute from source
    - Fixed up minor remaining issues with camcorder
    - Add MD32 program and data space binaries to ramdisk (might help with power management)
    - Build mediatek liblights from source
    - Update power profile in overlay from stock fireos(should produce more accurate power usage stats)
    - Tablet will now enter sleep state when amazon flip cover is closed.

Notes:
    - Wired headset/headphones is still a WIP
    - Let me know if wake from sleep death occurs (capture logs if you can)
    New Build is Up

22 April 2020
    - Patches up to date until April 2020 ASB patches (Unofficial)
    - And all the other stuff since last release

- Enjoy :)