FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Root][Mod][HD 8 2018, karnak] Modded framework-res.apk

276 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By AmznUser444 Dev, Senior Member on 19th July 2019, 08:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, I'm modified the resources in framework-res.apk on my Fire HD 8 2018 for enabling the features. All features has been disabled by the manufacturer Amazon so just modifying the resources such as bools.xml and integers.xml to enable all features.

The framework-res.apk in /system/framework/, the package name is android, the app name is System that renamed by Amazon, the original app name from stock AOSP is Android System

Features of modified framesork-res.apk:
-> Replaced the value of config_lowBatteryWarningLevel to 15 in res/values/integers.xml - to detect the low battery level to 15%
-> Replaced the value of config_longPressOnHomeBehavior to 2 in res/vales/integers.xml - to access the assist intent such as Google Assistant
-> Replaced false with true in res/values/bools.xml:
----> config_supportsMultiWindow - to make your Fire tablet to access the multi-window such as split-screen, freeform (resizable activity) and PiP for prevent kill the activities when in the background. Can be enable the resizable activity in developer options.
----> config_sustainedPerformanceModeSupported - to make your Fire tablet to access the sustained performance mode for make long-running apps and fast performance.
----> config_useRoundIcon - to make a circular app icon on your Fire tablet like a Google Pixel.

Requirements:
-> Rooted Fire HD 8 2018 running Fire OS 6.3.0.1, want to root from @xyz` or another link for new rooting method from @k4y0z
-> ADB for Windows, MacOS or Linux from Android SDK Manager
-> ADBD Insecure from @Chainfire: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...687590&page=27
-> Transferrable micro USB cable
-> Modded framework-res.apk under the post

WARNING
This is an experimental operations, can be got a boot-loop (brick) your Fire tablet after you accessing the invalid operations

Let's Get Started
1. Go to Settings -> Device Options -> About Fire tablet -> Serial Number and tap the several number until the Developer Options appears under About Fire tablet menu.
2. Go to Developer Option -> USB Debugging and enable it.
3. Connect your Fire tablet to your PC, Open Command Prompt or Microsoft PowerShell for Windows in your PC and approve the USB device
4. Verify the attached devices
Code:
adb devices
5. Remount the partition
Code:
adb remount
NOTE: If you got a result, Success or not, Do not run.

6. Push the modded framework-res.apk to /system/framwork/
Code:
adb push path/to/framework-res.apk /system/framwork/
7. Reboot your Fire tablet
Code:
adb reboot
8. Reset your launcher by clearing the app data in settings

Done! You have a modded framwork-res.apk on your Fire HD 8 2018. After booting your Fire tablet is completed, give a thanks and post the screenshot.
The Fire tablet is getting to boot-loop or brick, get the solution from @xyz`, this link or post the solution.

Download modded framework-res.apk from Google Drive link

Do not download and try it to your Fire tablet with modded framework-res.apk. Im modifying the APK certificate into Amazon to correct.
After finished this. Try it again for gets to bricking
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmznUser444 Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AmznUser444 Dev Ad-Free
21st July 2019, 06:44 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmznUser444 Dev

. 5. Remount the partition

Doh, was hoping it was gonna be possible with the temp root solution! Now I gotta break out my Linux rig. Super excited for multi window!
21st July 2019, 07:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmznUser444 Dev

Hi guys, I'm modified the resources in framework-res.apk on my Fire HD 8 2018 for enabling the features. All features has been disabled by the manufacturer Amazon so just modifying the resources such as bools.xml and integers.xml to enable all features.

The framework-res.apk in /system/framework/, the package name is android, the app name is System that renamed by Amazon, the original app name from stock AOSP is Android System

-> Replaced the value of config_lowBatteryWarningLevel to 15 in res/values/integers.xml - to detect the low battery level to 15%
-> Replaced the value of config_longPressOnHomeBehavior to 2 in res/vales/integers.xml - to access the assist intent such as Google Assistant
----> config_supportsMultiWindow - to make your Fire tablet to access the multi-window such as split-screen, freeform (resizable activity) and PiP for prevent kill the activities when in the background. Can be enable the resizable activity in developer options.
----> config_sustainedPerformanceModeSupported - to make your Fire tablet to access the sustained performance mode for make long-running apps and fast performance.
----> config_useRoundIcon - to make a circular app icon on your Fire tablet like a Google Pixel.

Requirements:
-> Rooted Fire HD 8 2018 running Fire OS 6.3.0.1, want to root from @xyz`
-> ADB for Windows, MacOS and Linux from Android SDK Manager

WARNING
This is an experimental operations, can be got a boot-loop (brick) your Fire tablet after you accessing the invalid operations

Let's Get Started
1. Go to Settings -> Device Options -> About Fire tablet -> Serial Number and tap the several number until the Developer Options appears under About Fire tablet menu.
3. Connect your Fire tablet to your PC, Open Command Prompt or Microsoft PowerShell for Windows in your PC and approve the USB device

Code:
adb devices
5. Remount the partition
Code:
adb remount

Code:
adb push path/to/framework-res.apk /system/framwork/
Code:
adb reboot
8. Reset your launcher by clearing the app data in settings

Done! You have a modded framwork-res.apk on your Fire HD 8 2018. After booting your Fire tablet is completed, give a thanks and post the screenshot.
The Fire tablet is getting to boot-loop or brick, get the solution from @xyz`, this link or post the solution.

Download modded framework-res.apk from Google Drive link

Thanks. I tried this with my rooted Fire HD8 2018, but when I connect the tablet to Windows PC, it doesn't show up as a device on the PC. Instead, the Fire says it's connected to a low power charger.
22nd July 2019, 05:22 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapFire

Requirements:
-> Rooted Fire HD 8 2018 running Fire OS 6.3.0.1, want to root from @xyz`
-> ADB for Windows, MacOS and Linux from Android SDK Manager

WARNING

Let's Get Started

5. Remount the partition

Thanks. I tried this with my rooted Fire HD8 2018, but when I connect the tablet to Windows PC, it doesn't show up as a device on the PC. Instead, the Fire says it's connected to a low power charger.

Use the transferrable USB cable, Enable USB Debugging in developer options and verify the attached devices
Code:
adb devices
29th July 2019, 03:21 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So I tried to put this on my Fire HD 8 2018, but now my tablet is stuck booting up the OS.
29th July 2019, 07:04 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malonepwn

So I tried to put this on my Fire HD 8 2018, but now my tablet is stuck booting up the OS.

You going to have to extract your firmware from the zip and take the framework out of the system and manually put it back on your tablet through TWRP. Or you're going to have to reflash back to stock firmware and start all over again.

Sent from my Amazon KFSUWI using XDA Labs
29th July 2019, 02:32 PM |#8  

More
I just flashed Lineage to it. I just thought I'd post in here to let people know there are potential issues with this modification.
29th July 2019, 05:28 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malonepwn

That happened to me, too. It took me a couple of tries - OK, maybe four LOL - going through steps 0-9 before I got it right. Once you can boot to TWRP with the volume down button you are most of the way there. From there you can reflash 6300 and Magisk. Good luck.
1st August 2019, 03:02 AM |#10  

More
I can confirm that there are issues with this modification. I attempted to install this by replacing the file with a custom magisk module. This only resulted in the infinite booting OS problem that others above have described. After disabling the module, every single non-system app on my device lost permissions and had to be reinstalled.
18th September 2019, 11:56 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Has anyone confirmed this working with LineageOS 14.1 on the HD8? I have tried a modded framework-res.apk and infinite loop for me too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)