FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][berkeley][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 modified from View 10

333 posts
Thanks Meter: 162

By PeterMarkoff, Senior Member on 8th June 2018, 08:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
All information regarding this unofficial LOS build and all credit for this ROM go here.

Only thing I did was edit updater script to remove device verification, so you can install it through TWRP on Honor 10. Prior installation I was on unlocked bootloader with TWRP from my other thread here and rooted with Magisk, I wiped all caches, system and data. Installation went fine, in the end it shows one mounting bug but end up succesfull 1.0. Then wipe cache, install GZR zero gapps (just in case, you can try regular opengapps), reboot to system and very fast first boot (less than 1min) without bootloops. Rooting by flashing newestMagisk ZIP without any issues. Install gapps right after installing ROM, if you install it after booting already you will need to wipe because otherwise gapps will show you app stopped responding error.

I made this small modification for myself, so don't expect any support/response from me, DON'T FORGET TWRP backup prior flashing and restore it in case of trouble.

Calls, Wifi, camera and basics work, fingerprint works as home and back button, not sure about recent apps, anyway I use Edge gestures with all functions on right edge.

bugs:
Quote:

- These LOS ports have no support for notch so it's completely ignored and icons might be cropped behind notch (disable unnecessary trhough Status bar, personally I disabled network (Mobile data) indicators to save space),
- status bar is slightly smaller than notch which is sticking out a bit, use Notch remover with 63% setting to completely hide it, not possible to make status bar thicker without recompiling stuff, lazy to play with that, maybe xposed or DPI change will help if someone is too bothered
- because of rounded corners top left and top right corner of icons/time are slightly cropped
- minimum brightness it's quite high, can't find way to really lower it

DOWNLOAD
20180925 (uploaded 20181003) - seem no issues, no changelog
https://mega.nz/#!XZtRmI5Y!ewcPwL6ee...B3pxEE_ZrMuFw0

Recommended camera it's Magisk module "Honor V10 Stock Camera" from David Sn & flex1911, AI doesn't work, gallery thumbnail shortcut will pop-up error, but regular photos/videos from all cameras work fine plus portrait (bokeh) mode works fine on front camera (not rear)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PeterMarkoff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeterMarkoff Ad-Free

8th June 2018, 11:04 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thank you, it works!
8th June 2018, 12:44 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Worked for me too. Sooooo good to move off EMUI...
Will post issues if I find any.
Thanks Peter!
8th June 2018, 04:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
How to go back to emui after I flash this??
The Following User Says Thank You to srharshajava For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift srharshajava Ad-Free
8th June 2018, 07:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Flash original eRecovery and download and install stock rom in eRecovery.

Odesláno z mého COL-L29 pomocí Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Longerski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Longerski Ad-Free
8th June 2018, 11:28 PM |#6  
Honor Enthusiast
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srharshajava

How to go back to emui after I flash this??

do TWRP backup prior flashing and just restore TWRP backup, honestly if you need to ask this better don't flash anything
13th June 2018, 07:41 AM |#7  
Honor Enthusiast
OP Senior Member

More
after using it for many days as daily I would just add one more "bug" - minimum brightness it's quite high
13th June 2018, 10:38 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMarkoff

after using it for many days as daily I would just add one more "bug" - minimum brightness it's quite high

Is the performance good ?
And battery ?
13th June 2018, 10:46 AM |#9  
Honor Enthusiast
OP Senior Member

More
can't judge performance, not playing games, but battery on Wi-Fi only i had just record like day before yesterday 9 hours SoT
13th June 2018, 10:18 PM |#10  
Honor Enthusiast
OP Senior Member

More
del
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeterMarkoff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeterMarkoff Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 06:24 AM |#11  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hey guys,
and especially thanks again to Peter – so great you're testing all this stuff for us!

Now I'm having another question that I'm still not sure about:
Could I flash these ROMs onto the COL-AL10 (6gb RAM China version) without making another change to the files you've uploaded?
I mean they have the same SoC but doesn't the ROM affect e.g. the use of the RAM as well? And does it matter wether it's "China-branded"?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)