FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Focus hunting / Camera keeps refocusing

509 posts
Thanks Meter: 90

By daniel_loft, Senior Member on 10th September 2019, 09:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

My wife's been having a Honor 10 (COL-L29) for a little over half a year. Everything fine except the camera is constantly hunting for focus. Every few seconds it is refocusing by moving the lens from close-up to infinite and back to correct focus. I've tried it with the latest camera included in software v9.1.0.326 but also with a random 3rd party app. You can clearly hear the focusing camera elements moving.
The most annoying part is during video recording. And since we have a 7 month old baby, she's filming him a lot.
I've tried searching online but nobody seems to have complained about something similar until now.
My OnePlus 5 doesn't do the same thing in the same environment, so I cannot blame some colors, textures or similar.
Will also try posting on honor/Huawei forums in a moment.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

11th September 2019, 01:01 AM |#2  
Flag Ende
Thanks Meter: 148

More
yeah, I got that problem too..... a bit annoying. Maybe I did not realize, but as far as I remember.....it was not happened on EMUI 8.1. The problem starts after updating to EMUI 9.
11th September 2019, 09:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Yeah I've had this to after the last software upgrade.
11th September 2019, 11:03 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 90

More
I've been chatting with a support rep today.
Interestingly, she talked like she was aware of the problem (she immediately recognised what I was thinking about) and she asked me when did the problem appeared (like it was introduced by an update).
Clearing the camera's and the phone's cache didn't help. I was thinking of checking out if another phone has the same issue (if I can still find one on display).
Otherwise the rep advised me to go to a service center or contact the seller.
Yesterday, 01:45 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_loft

Hello,

My wife's been having a Honor 10 (COL-L29) for a little over half a year. Everything fine except the camera is constantly hunting for focus. Every few seconds it is refocusing by moving the lens from close-up to infinite and back to correct focus. I've tried it with the latest camera included in software v9.1.0.326 but also with a random 3rd party app. You can clearly hear the focusing camera elements moving.
The most annoying part is during video recording. And since we have a 7 month old baby, she's filming him a lot.
I've tried searching online but nobody seems to have complained about something similar until now.
My OnePlus 5 doesn't do the same thing in the same environment, so I cannot blame some colors, textures or similar.
Will also try posting on honor/Huawei forums in a moment.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Huawei has released a patch pack that seems to solve this problem for Honor 10 in China (COL-AL00 COL-AL10 COL-TL00 COL-TL10). I guess the oversea version is on it's way
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190914_083326_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	4819213  
Today, 12:16 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Im in the UK and I'm already on .326
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags