FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overall love

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,805

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 19th April 2018, 05:06 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Honor 10, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Honor 10 is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
16th May 2018, 05:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,212

Donate to Me
More
This is really a beautiful device... Unique design.. And the color changing thing is awesome...
14th December 2018, 03:35 AM |#3  
Flag Somewhere in the desert
Thanks Meter: 2,074

More
Love this device. But worst fingerprint reader I've ever used though!! I bought this device because I was tired or replacing the tape on the back on my v30 to keep THAT fingerprint reader working....

Does anyone else hate the Honor10 fingerprint reader, or am I using it wrong?? Please let me know.

Cheers...

Update: I was using the fingerprint reader as the system navigation. I switched back to virtual buttons and the reader is working better now to unlock, etc. Pity I can't use both settings together
16th December 2018, 11:52 PM |#4  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hey, I am using fingerprint sensor as both system navigation and unlock. Both of them working like a charm, only swiping left to right acts wrong but it is not problem imo. What is problem with your fingerprint sensor?
19th December 2018, 03:44 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patch_Adams

Love this device. But worst fingerprint reader I've ever used though!! I bought this device because I was tired or replacing the tape on the back on my v30 to keep THAT fingerprint reader working....

Does anyone else hate the Honor10 fingerprint reader, or am I using it wrong?? Please let me know.

Cheers...

Update: I was using the fingerprint reader as the system navigation. I switched back to virtual buttons and the reader is working better now to unlock, etc. Pity I can't use both settings together

My honor 10 fingerprint reader works fine.
It's fast and accurate.
19th December 2018, 05:14 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutukcu

Hey, I am using fingerprint sensor as both system navigation and unlock. Both of them working like a charm, only swiping left to right acts wrong but it is not problem imo. What is problem with your fingerprint sensor?

It just vibrates but doesn't read my finger. I have both thumbs and pointed like pointers set up. It works like 3 out of 5 times. It's frustrating. Phone was new in the box when I bought it a few weeks ago. I re did my fingerprints and tried to use more of the finger. It works a little better but I wouldn't call it accurate haha
2nd January 2019, 06:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA_RealLifeReview

Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Honor 10, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Honor 10 is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Hello there, i was wondering if you could please help me out with a questions i have. Are you able to set a ringtone for messages different from email? I know that this is a little issue, but its annoying to me with the P20 and i had to let it go due to this. I like to have my text messages and other notifications different from one another so i know what type of notification i am receiving.

If you can do this for me, go to your messages app, and then settings, and let me know if you are able to select a ringtone there. If you are not able to then that means that EMUI is not allowing you to customize your ringtones for messages separate from the main notification sound.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch_Adams

Cheers...

Hello there, i was wondering if you could please help me out with a questions i have. Are you able to set a ringtone for messages different from email? I know that this is a little issue, but its annoying to me with the P20 and i had to let it go due to this. I like to have my text messages and other notifications different from one another so i know what type of notification i am receiving.

If you can do this for me, go to your messages app, and then settings, and let me know if you are able to select a ringtone there. If you are not able to then that means that EMUI is not allowing you to customize your ringtones for messages separate from the main notification sound.
12th January 2019, 12:10 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yujinloh

My honor 10 fingerprint reader works fine.
It's fast and accurate.

I just bought the oneplus 6. So much happier!
15th January 2019, 11:38 PM |#9  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Overall a pretty good device, but i dont like the fingerprint reader too. For Navigation it works for me but for unlock? I cant even register any of my fingers and i tried hard. But so far its the only issue i have with this device.
17th March 2019, 08:02 PM |#10  
XDA Community Manager
Thanks Meter: 1,009

More
the Honor 10 is such a solid phone. It really feels like everything is a polished version of early technologies we saw in the Honor 8 and 9. I love the smaller form factor and build quality.
18th October 2019, 07:00 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Battery is average, cameras are good

Pros:
Design
Small & Weight
Speed
Screen
You can hide notch

Cons:
At night min brightness is high