[SOLVED] Honor 4X Che2-L11 BRICKED - No Recovery Mode any more

Search This thread

triolo

Aug 2, 2007
Hi
I am looking for a savior :confused:
I have uninstalled (in root mode) several applications to make some free space on my honor 4X but I have probably made some mistakes

Yesterday, the issue started with a classical bootloop.
At the beginning the fasboot mode and the recovery mode was reachable with the special combos (Vol+ and Power or Vol- and Power)

To fix the problem I have launched an update by sdcard (Vol+ Vol- Power) but the status bar is still stucked to 90%
I have used an official firmware 4.4.2 with the UPDATE.app file within the dload folder in my SDCard.

But the situation is very tricky. I have no access to the fasboot or recovery mode any more.
The phone restarts itself on the update mode (no power off possible)

I have the same message : "Software Updating, Please Wait, DONOT unplug USB or press any key !"
But after two hours, the status bar doesn't move anymore (still to 90%)

Any idea to make my honor 4x survive ? :angel:

Model :: Honor 4X Che2-L11
Huawei Recovery 1.0
EMUI 3
Android 4.4.2

Last edited:

zzztidurvirus

Mar 22, 2012
Ayer Tawar, Perak, Malaysia
Redmi 9A
Hi
I am looking for a savior :confused:
I have uninstalled (in root mode) several applications to make some free space on my honor 4X but I have probably made some mistakes

Yesterday, the issue started with a classical bootloop.
At the beginning the fasboot mode and the recovery mode was reachable with the special combos (Vol+ and Power or Vol- and Power)

To fix the problem I have launched an update by sdcard (Vol+ Vol- Power) but the status bar is still stucked to 90%
I have used an official firmware 4.4.2 with the UPDATE.app file within the dload folder in my SDCard.

But the situation is very tricky. I have no access to the fasboot or recovery mode any more.
The phone restarts itself on the update mode (no power off possible)

I have the same message : "Software Updating, Please Wait, DONOT unplug USB or press any key !"
But after two hours, the status bar doesn't move anymore (still to 90%)

Any idea to make my honor 4x survive ? :angel:

Model :: Honor 4X Che2-L11
Huawei Recovery 1.0
EMUI 3
Android 4.4.2

either shut down the phone, or reinstall force update again. this time, the moment you see the 1%, immediately plug it to wall charger. you can even leave it overnight. leave it alone until you see the language selection screen. or else, fastboot mode.

Check this: https://xdaforums.com/honor-4x/help/honor-4x-factory-reset-recovery-menu-t3542367/page2

Last edited:

triolo

Aug 2, 2007
Hello zzztidurvirus
First of all, my mobile does not switch off at all (reboot automatically if I press the power button)
I will try to wait until the battery is 0% and try your option. I will tell you

But how long the update process should normally take ? More than 1 hour ?

triolo

Aug 2, 2007
Hello

Yesterday evening, I have made some new tests.
I have opened the phone to disconnect the battery.
At this stage, I can access to Fasboot with USB connection (VOL DOWN + POWER)

I have used the "Huawei Multi-Tool by Team MT" from
https://xdaforums.com/honor-8/development/tool-huawei-multi-tool-team-mt-t3523923

During the flashing period, all the messages seems to be fine but at the end the phone restarts with the same page :
"Software Updating, Please Wait, DONOT unplug USB or press any key"
I have waited all the night to see if the status bar will go ahead 90% but nothing better after more than 6 hours.

With the flashboot reachable, do someaone has an advice to test something else ?

Thanks in advance :)

zzztidurvirus

Mar 22, 2012
Ayer Tawar, Perak, Malaysia
Redmi 9A
Hello zzztidurvirus
First of all, my mobile does not switch off at all (reboot automatically if I press the power button)
I will try to wait until the battery is 0% and try your option. I will tell you

But how long the update process should normally take ? More than 1 hour ?

max time should be no more than 1 hour.
first 15-20 min of waiting that forced update to 100%
next 15 min waiting that glowing red honor logo
next 15 min waiting the Android is updating... popup
then you can pick your language page.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Hello

Yesterday evening, I have made some new tests.
I have opened the phone to disconnect the battery.
At this stage, I can access to Fasboot with USB connection (VOL DOWN + POWER)

I have used the "Huawei Multi-Tool by Team MT" from
https://xdaforums.com/honor-8/development/tool-huawei-multi-tool-team-mt-t3523923

During the flashing period, all the messages seems to be fine but at the end the phone restarts with the same page :
"Software Updating, Please Wait, DONOT unplug USB or press any key"
I have waited all the night to see if the status bar will go ahead 90% but nothing better after more than 6 hours.

With the flashboot reachable, do someaone has an advice to test something else ?

Thanks in advance :)

https://xdaforums.com/hon...t3542367/page2
try this. yep its harder than this forced update trick, but it works. Ive tried it, ive bricked it multiple times, and its still alive and its my daily driver.
No harm done trying. PROCEED WITH YOUR OWN RISK.

triolo

Aug 2, 2007
Hello

My issue is finally solved.
The main important thing was to wait until the battery was totally down.
Indeed, I had to make a new fastboot flash (with the "Huawei Multi-Tool by Team MT")
With the unbrick menu, I have to extract the different usefil images files and it worked.

I don't understand why the first flashing test was with errors but the final one was the good one.
Thank you for your help !

Thank you

Reactions: zzztidurvirus

gopinaidu77

Jan 23, 2015
Moto G40 / G60
Hello

Indeed, I had to make a new fastboot flash (with the "Huawei Multi-Tool by Team MT")
With the unbrick menu, I have to extract the different usefil images files and it worked.

I don't understand why the first flashing test was with errors but the final one was the good one.

Thank you
Please add solved tag in thread title

iTSMEo03

Jan 24, 2015
can you tell us what rom or give us the step how did you unbrick your phone ? mine is che2-L22 cant unbrick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

Thank you