1,204 posts
Thanks Meter: 708

Post Reply Email Thread
This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
Specific to

HONOR 5C

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
List of supporters
... @abhishekr700
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request to me through PM
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.

Dont forget to press the Thanks button for me !!!

30th June 2016, 07:59 PM |#2  
Honor Fanatic
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Push notifications
Hi all,
I have add the likes of Viber and Whatsapp to the protected app list, but still once the app is closed it stops getting push notifications.
Have played around with the battery manager, but still no luck.

Has anyone got a fix or workaround for this?

Thanks
Paul
5th July 2016, 08:50 AM |#3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Hi, how can i move apps to sd card?? I have enabled the default storage to sd card but my big games don't have any move to sd card option
The Following User Says Thank You to imrock For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imrock Ad-Free
11th July 2016, 12:55 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
NEM-TL00H: Only EDGE connection
Hi,

I have an imported Honor 5C which I am using in Germany (T-Mobile network). Although I'm using Sim Card slot 1, I don't get a 3G (or 4G) connection. Does anyone have a guess what could be the problem? I know that 4G is probably not supported because of the not supported German LTE bands, but 3G shouldn't be a problem I thought.

Thanks in advance and best regards
21st July 2016, 06:49 PM |#5  
Honor Supporter
Flag Bourgoin-Jallieu
Thanks Meter: 5

More
HI guys. Anyone know how to remove nav bar at the bottom of the screen. Is it possible without root device? Thanks to advance.

Sent from my H30-U10 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd July 2016, 12:23 PM |#6  
Honor Enthusiast
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabi3003l

HI guys. Anyone know how to remove nav bar at the bottom of the screen. Is it possible without root device? Thanks to advance.

Sent from my H30-U10 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, from play store GMD Immersive, here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsive&hl=en_GB I'm using it right now on a non-rooted 5c and it works pretty well. Won't remove it but will hide/unhide it as needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to xzyk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xzyk Ad-Free
26th July 2016, 05:14 PM |#7  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Will this phone have custom roms and other customisations available?
3rd August 2016, 12:25 PM |#8  

More
What about camera model?
5th August 2016, 02:59 PM |#9  
Honor Enthusiast
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Does anyone know where to by the device online which has the fingerprint scanner included and works with a UK sim card?
20th August 2016, 07:01 PM |#10  

More
Hi everyone,

I received my Honor 5C two days ago and I have noticed an annoying behavior, related to RAM management: Emui tends to close my apps very quickly, even the ones I have configured to be protected (both in the settings and in the task manager by using the trick of swiping down to lock the app).

All of this with still 700 Mb of unused RAM...

If I open a web browser for instance, then go check my email, then look at a couple of pics in the gallery or wathever (I haven't done anything heavy on the phone yet), and then coming back to the browser, it turns out the latter has to reload completely. Like I said, it does so the same way with protected and unprotected apps and even without shutting down the screen in between.

Edit: it's ridiculous, I tried using the timer in the built-in clock app, and it got killed before the end of the time I'd set. Twice.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
21st August 2016, 10:13 AM |#11  

More
Reg : VoLTE support in ASIA model
Hi Guys,
I m planning to buy this honor 5C. I m from India.
Have 2 doubts about the device.

1. I heard that Memory Management is not gud in this mobile. Is it a (ROM) or (Kernel) problem ? Can it be rectified with any official update (ROM) from Honor ?

2. Do anyone know if the Device could get VoLTE support in Future ?

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
friendly, help thread, honor, honor 5c, noob

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)