FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Root Huawei Honor 5C and install TWRP custom recovery (EMUI 5.X)

7,444 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,057

Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2017, 11:36 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 574

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank1320

This should work fine but if not, can try Hassan's recovery

Before trying that recovery, I just tried to flash the stock one from NEM-L51C432B357 full OTA package, and it doesn't work either

Quote:

D:\Android\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery D:\Android\HuaweiUpdateExtractor_0.9.9.5\RECOVERY. img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery' (35570 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.932s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.954s

So it's not a recovery issue.

How useful is the HiSuite backup ?
If I make a backup with it, will it be able to restore most user app's and system's data ?
I'd rather not re set everything up, and I'm afraid I'll have to retry to OEM unlock the device (so force wipe), even if it says it's unlocked (which it should have remained in the first place)

30th December 2017, 12:26 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr33L4nc3r

Before trying that recovery, I just tried to flash the stock one from NEM-L51C432B357 full OTA package, and it doesn't work either

If I make a backup with it, will it be able to restore most user app's and system's data ?
I'd rather not re set everything up, and I'm afraid I'll have to retry to OEM unlock the device (so force wipe), even if it says it's unlocked (which it should have remained in the first place)

Hisuite can be used for back.. reliable one but not same as titanium backup. Backup WhatsApp on local and g drive. Zip the WhatsApp folder in internal memory and then copy to pc.
Rest other apps, via hisuite (can backup WhatsApp as well here).
30th December 2017, 04:36 PM |#13  
Flag Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You file should be in path D:\Android\platform-tools\ and not D:\Android\HuaweiUpdateExtractor_0.9.9.5\
I hope adb is installed under D:\Android\platform-tools\, if not, it will be udner C drive as C:\adb\
copy the recovery file whereever the adb is installed and then run the command
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-venus.img (replace name with your actual file name)
30th December 2017, 05:21 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 574

More
Ok, so in fact fastboot OEM unlock status was not accurate, and something I didn't notice was the absence of dm-verity warning when booting (showing when it's actually unlocked)
4th January 2018, 08:38 AM |#15  
Flag Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok, so in fact fastboot OEM unlock status was not accurate, and something I didn't notice was the absence of dm-verity warning when booting (showing when it's actually unlocked)

May be. try moving the files and then flashing from that folder and see if it works.
8th January 2018, 09:35 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
stopin phone
hello.please help me.last night i unlocked my gt3 and reseted factory data.but after these my phone stopped in page that typed "your device is booting now..." . but nothing going change.
when i hold power key or power key with volume up down , my phone get restart and show huawei mark and after that show the pervious page that i stoped in it and nothing change again.what can i do?
20th January 2018, 01:22 PM |#17  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City

More
please help me, my device is Huawei GT3 (honor 5c) (NMO L31) it was unlock bootloader before i bought it and now i want to install twrp, so i have to learn a lot of website and Follow me, I downloaded and installed Adb, installed the driver, then downloaded the twrp version with nemo honor for honor 5c, then open CMD or powershell to write commands like adb reboot bootloader then adb fastboot flash recovery twrp.img is under the writing that says Failed (remote: image verification error), I previously copied the twrp 3.0 file ... into the adb folder and renamed to twrp. Now I have to do to install twrp on my device. Please help me.
3rd February 2018, 06:17 AM |#18  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City

More
Hello, I have an NMO_L31 (honor 5c - huawei gr5 mini) device and I have experienced a Failed (remote: image verification error) error when installing TWRP while my phone was unlocked before. have searched from a lot of technology pages to find remedies but all failed. But my God, Jehovah listened to my plea and brought me to @shashank123, I contacted him through XDA and I got him a phone number to make friends on the telegram, he helped me out I and I have overcome the above error. I would like to explain how to overcome the error that I tried. First, I went back to emui 4.1.2 (you can see the instructions then allow OEM unlock, then I update the OTA to emui 5, allow usb debugging when the update is complete. Shift + Right click on CMD (or powershell) and enter "adb devices" to see the connected device, then enter "adb reboot bootloader" then enter "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" To check if the bootloader has been unlocked, then enter the command "fastboot oem unlock (code)" to unlock if the relock bootloader, then if the bootloader has been unlocked then the purpose of the command to factory reset. If that is the case, then go to the phone and see if factory reset is complete. Then develop and reconnect to adb, check the device connected to the "adb devices" command then go to the "adb reboot bootloader" command to get to the fastboot and then use the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img" (for example : Twrp) "Finally, if the word OKEY appears, you are successful. If you can not solve this problem, please send a message to @shashank123 in XDA and ask for his phone number to make friend through telegram and regular help message because he does not often use XDA. Thank you very much Shashank for helping me. Thanks be to my god JESU CHRIST and JEHOVAH.
3rd February 2018, 07:59 AM |#19  
Flag Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanhoang1702

Hello, I have an NMO_L31 (honor 5c - huawei gr5 mini) device and I have experienced a Failed (remote: image verification error) error when installing TWRP while my phone was unlocked before. have searched from a lot of technology pages to find remedies but all failed. But my God, Jehovah listened to my plea and brought me to Shashank123, I contacted him through XDA and I got him a phone number to make friends on the telegram, he helped me out I and I have overcome the above error. I would like to explain how to overcome the error that I tried. First, I went back to emui 4.1.2 (you can see the instructions then allow OEM unlock, then I update the OTA to emui 5, allow usb debugging when the update is complete. Shift + Right click on CMD (or powershell) and enter "adb devices" to see the connected device, then enter "adb reboot bootloader" then enter "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" To check if the bootloader has been unlocked, then enter the command "fastboot oem unlock (code)" to unlock if the relock bootloader, then if the bootloader has been unlocked then the purpose of the command to factory reset. If that is the case, then go to the phone and see if factory reset is complete. Then develop and reconnect to adb, check the device connected to the "adb devices" command then go to the "adb reboot bootloader" command to get to the fastboot and then use the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img" (for example : Twrp) "Finally, if the word OKEY appears, you are successful. If you can not solve this problem, please send a message to Shashank123 in XDA and ask for his phone number to make friend through telegram and regular help message because he does not often use XDA. Thank you very much Shashank for helping me. Thanks be to my god JESU CHRIST and JEHOVAH.

No problem at all mate. Helping through telegram was quick in real time rather multiple post or message and then waiting for response from each other. Due to time crunch, I opted to quick help rather keep you waiting all day long
Good you got your phone as per your requirement and able to do what you wanted. Thanks and Enjoy.

You can edit your comment to say "@shashank1320" (use without double quotes) rather Shashank123 as users may send message or qoute him and get no response as that user may or may not exist
3rd February 2018, 08:08 AM |#20  
Flag Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grand.mohammad

hello.please help me.last night i unlocked my gt3 and reseted factory data.but after these my phone stopped in page that typed "your device is booting now..." . but nothing going change.
when i hold power key or power key with volume up down , my phone get restart and show huawei mark and after that show the pervious page that i stoped in it and nothing change again.what can i do?

Boot to bootloader again and see the bootloader state if locked or unlocked. Try unlocking it again.
3rd February 2018, 01:42 PM |#21  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank1320

Boot to bootloader again and see the bootloader state if locked or unlocked. Try unlocking it again.

Yes, thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)