FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [8.1.x] AOKP Oreo Official for Honor 5x (kiwi)

615 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,037

By coldhans, Senior Member on 2nd March 2019, 09:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Device: Kiwi

» Installation is simple:
  • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik in recovery
  • Make sure you're using the latest TWRP
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
  • Reboot

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

» Official downloads, mirrors, MD5s are found at AOKP.co

» AOKP Gerrit
» AOKP on Github
» SOURCE on AOKP.co

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
» Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Kang Project, ROM for the Honor 5X

Contributors
coldhans, tenshi_xp
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android...e/lineage-15.1

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock MM Firmware (No VoLTE)
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-03-02

Created 2019-03-02
Last Updated 2019-03-02
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to coldhans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldhans Ad-Free
2nd March 2019, 09:19 PM |#2  
Honor Ambassador
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coldhans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldhans Ad-Free
2nd March 2019, 09:19 PM |#3  
Honor Ambassador
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coldhans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldhans Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 04:53 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Honor 5c user query
Hi,

I have honor 5c - NEML22, can i flash this ?

Thanks,

Slavik
4th March 2019, 02:11 AM |#5  
Honor Supporter
Flag Visakhapatnam
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathishslavik

I have honor 5c - NEML22, can i flash this ?

Read the Post and look which forum you are in before asking
6th March 2019, 08:11 AM |#6  
Honor Fanatic
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Thanks for this. I was hesitant to go back to Oreo, but this has become my daily driver.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darrian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darrian Ad-Free
6th March 2019, 08:25 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrian

Thanks for this. I was hesitant to go back to Oreo, but this has become my daily driver.

Really!
I'm hesitant to go back to Oreo too, can you give more details? like how's the battery life compared to Pie? how do you like the stability?
Have you Magisked it?
6th March 2019, 09:51 AM |#8  
Honor Fanatic

More
I think the battery is not as good as Pie, but it's better than most Oreo builds. It's hard to find all of the customization options, but most of what you would expect from other ROMs is there. It's stable, I don't have to turn off BT to use WiFi, and I don't lose mobile data as frequently as some ROMs (a persistent issue on any custom ROM for me, that requires a reboot to resolve). Substratum works beautifully, without needing to reboot to use newly installed overlays. I chose not to use Magisk, unless a scenario comes along where I find I need it, because it has built-in root, so I thought I'd try that for a while (I'm pretty sure it's just the LineageOS root package, but you don't have to flash it separately). Overall it's a fast and stable ROM. I am keep my phone plugged in more than I usually do, but most of the time I use my phone I'm in my car, so it's plugged in, anyway.

Edit: I did remember one big con (for me): 1080P HEVC playback is not smooth using MX Player (and probably not any player, but I haven't tried others). It's not that I need 1080p video, but that I'm not going to spend hours to reconvert my videos to 720p. This spans all the Oreo ROMs, not just this one. I doubt it will be fixed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darrian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darrian Ad-Free
6th March 2019, 11:56 AM |#9  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

I think the battery is not as good as Pie, but it's better than most Oreo builds. It's hard to find all of the customization options, but most of what you would expect from other ROMs is there. It's stable, I don't have to turn off BT to use WiFi, and I don't lose mobile data as frequently as some ROMs (a persistent issue on any custom ROM for me, that requires a reboot to resolve). Substratum works beautifully, without needing to reboot to use newly installed overlays. I chose not to use Magisk, unless a scenario comes along where I find I need it, because it has built-in root, so I thought I'd try that for a while (I'm pretty sure it's just the LineageOS root package, but you don't have to flash it separately). Overall it's a fast and stable ROM. I am keep my phone plugged in more than I usually do, but most of the time I use my phone I'm in my car, so it's plugged in, anyway.

Edit: I did remember one big con (for me): 1080P HEVC playback is not smooth using MX Player (and probably not any player, but I haven't tried others). It's not that I need 1080p video, but that I'm not going to spend hours to reconvert my videos to 720p. This spans all the Oreo ROMs, not just this one. I doubt it will be fixed.

agree and desagree, for the wifi and bt, agree, but for the battery i'm on crDroid 9.0 and my phone stay alive 4 days without charging. pretty complicated to choose the good rom, but thank you Darrian to share your view and opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to nourpon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nourpon Ad-Free
6th March 2019, 04:45 PM |#10  
Honor Fanatic

More
I think there was some language barrier issue going on there. I never claimed that this ROM had good battery life. I'm pretty sure you're saying that the ROM you are using is a Pie-based ROM, where this ROM is Oreo-based--of course you're getting better battery life. I'm not sure how you're getting 4 days, other than just never using your phone, but still, there is no question that your ROM is going to beat this one in battery life with the same amount of usage.
6th March 2019, 10:52 PM |#11  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

I think there was some language barrier issue going on there. I never claimed that this ROM had good battery life. I'm pretty sure you're saying that the ROM you are using is a Pie-based ROM, where this ROM is Oreo-based--of course you're getting better battery life. I'm not sure how you're getting 4 days, other than just never using your phone, but still, there is no question that your ROM is going to beat this one in battery life with the same amount of usage.

my bad, but i use my phone like a smarphone, texting calling, browsing, and yes 4 days
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)