FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [9.x] AOSiP 9.0 Pie Official for Honor 5x (kiwi)

595 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,901

By coldhans, Senior Member on 10th February 2019, 04:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
AOSIP

Android Open Source illusion Project

Code:
**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****
About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on Google AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Brett Montague
Shreesha Murthy
Sri Harsha
Harsh Shandilya

Bug reporting:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

FAQ and Install instructions:

Install instructions:
boot twrp
wipe system/data/cache
flash rom
reboot system

if you want gapps or root
boot twrp
wipe system/data/cache
flash rom
flash gapps package and/or
flash latest magisk zip
reboot to system

Current Issues/Information:

* SELinux is permissive
* let me know

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google
LineageOS
Dirty Unicorns
AICP
ABC Rom
Screwd
Omni
ChainFire (SuperSU)
Beanstown106
Cory Collins
Sultanxda
flar2
---------
Any others i may have forgotten
All our testers

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the Honor 5X

Contributors
coldhans
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP-Devices/device_huawei_kiwi

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock MM Firmware (No VoLTE)
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-03-05

Created 2019-02-10
Last Updated 2019-03-05
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to coldhans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldhans Ad-Free

10th February 2019, 04:34 PM |#2  
Honor Addict
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coldhans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldhans Ad-Free
10th February 2019, 04:34 PM |#3  
Honor Addict
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
This will be official soon :highfive:
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to coldhans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldhans Ad-Free
12th February 2019, 03:19 AM |#4  
Honor Fanatic
Thanks Meter: 76

More
I'm really liking this ROM now that it is updated. GPS works, so I can use it. Fingerprint enrollment does not work, though, on a clean install with no Magisk. Also, and I don't think this is your fault, but I can only view this thread on a browser on my PC. There is some kind of URL parsing error when I try with the XDA Labs app on my phone.
12th February 2019, 04:46 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrian

Fingerprint enrollment does not work, though, on a clean install with no Magisk.

Fingerprint works if you apply the solution mentioned in thread of crdroid pie. I did it and mine is working fine as before.
12th February 2019, 05:56 AM |#6  
Honor Fanatic
Thanks Meter: 76

More
That's not working for me. I'll probably resort to dirty flashing it over a Nougat or Oreo build.
12th February 2019, 01:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Couldn't customize navigation bar or hide it. Missing Expanded desktop tool. All others are working fine.
17th February 2019, 05:39 AM |#8  
Honor Addict
OP Senior Member

More
We're official!
02/17 Official build is up: https://ota.aosiprom.com/kiwi

Our OTA page includes extra download mirrors and a handy changelog. Happy flashing
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to coldhans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldhans Ad-Free
17th February 2019, 08:01 AM |#9  
Flag Xiamen
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, coldhans:

DotOS 3.x based on pie has released few days ago. Would you like to build DotOS 3.x for kiwi?
Greatly appreciate it.
17th February 2019, 11:48 AM |#10  
Honor Addict
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiktCai

Hey, coldhans:

DotOS 3.x based on pie has released few days ago. Would you like to build DotOS 3.x for kiwi?
Greatly appreciate it.

I definitely don't want to do that, and please keep this thread related to AOSiP only.
The Following User Says Thank You to coldhans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldhans Ad-Free
17th February 2019, 11:53 AM |#11  
Flag Xiamen
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldhans

I definitely don't want to do that, and please keep this thread related to AOSiP only.

OK, thanks for answering.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)