Thanks Meter: 5,408

Post Reply Email Thread
4th August 2017, 05:22 PM |#101  
Honor Supporter
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCriggs

New test build is up. Please let me know if this fixes camera. If not, then I will have to delve a bit deeper to solve the problem. Thanks a bunch for the logs and help <3

Camera still not working....1st time when u open camera it works but when u take pic all the buttons freeze and then if u try open camera again it shows error "can't connect to camera"....I hope I got logs right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170804-211924.png
Views:	468
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	4232469  
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2017-08-04-21-14-59.txt - [Click for QR Code] (71.2 KB, 12 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoV432 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LoV432 Ad-Free

14th August 2017, 09:04 PM |#102  
Honor Fanatic
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Liberty, NY

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys,

Sorry, I've been busy with life so I haven't had the time to work on any Android stuff lately. I'll try to get a couple test builds out this week that should fix camera.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MikeCriggs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2017, 06:45 PM |#103  
Honor Addict
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 20

More
help i neeeed help
so when i flashed this rom android then "upgraded" to android 7.1.2
then it keeps saying android.process.media has stopped and it keeps stopping
it also says other stuff like android.process.media.xxxxx has stopped working as well but idk what the process is since it is flashing so quickly
what is the fix ??? im clearing the dalvik / art cache and the cache right now so yeah i will update asap :/

UPDATE:
still not fixed even when wiping the cache (both dalvik /art and the cache option) so i am gonna try flashing another rom
16th August 2017, 11:05 PM |#104  
Honor Champion
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Did you wipe /data as well?
18th August 2017, 12:35 PM |#105  
Honor Fanatic
Flag Liberty, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayonicle

help i neeeed help
so when i flashed this rom android then "upgraded" to android 7.1.2
then it keeps saying android.process.media has stopped and it keeps stopping
it also says other stuff like android.process.media.xxxxx has stopped working as well but idk what the process is since it is flashing so quickly
what is the fix ??? im clearing the dalvik / art cache and the cache right now so yeah i will update asap :/

UPDATE:
still not fixed even when wiping the cache (both dalvik /art and the cache option) so i am gonna try flashing another rom

Do a clean flash. See OP for instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeCriggs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2017, 04:45 PM |#106  
Honor Fanatic
Flag Liberty, NY

Donate to Me
More
I worked on the camera a bit and posted a test build. I haven't been able to flash it yet, so I'm not sure if it'll fix anything. Camera works in Facebook Messenger and Snapchat for me on an earlier one, so the problem might be with Snap (the default camera app). I won't be 100% sure until I push and flash a build without it and see what logs I can get.

If you guys flash this, do me a favor and download MatLog from the Play Store and grab a logs from not just the camera app but other apps that use camera as well. We're making progress
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MikeCriggs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2017, 12:46 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

I worked on the camera a bit and posted a test build. I haven't been able to flash it yet, so I'm not sure if it'll fix anything. Camera works in Facebook Messenger and Snapchat for me on an earlier one, so the problem might be with Snap (the default camera app). I won't be 100% sure until I push and flash a build without it and see what logs I can get.

If you guys flash this, do me a favor and download MatLog from the Play Store and grab a logs from not just the camera app but other apps that use camera as well. We're making progress

It's not working for me...same problems than before. Attached you can find 2 logs, one from snap camera and the other from google camera, I hope it can helps you ... thanks a lot for your work for our device, it's appreciated
Attached Files
File Type: zip saved_logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (78.1 KB, 6 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JtlfPqp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JtlfPqp Ad-Free
24th August 2017, 07:39 PM |#108  
Honor Fanatic
Flag Liberty, NY

Donate to Me
More
I'll be attempting one more build. If it doesn't fix anything, then we'll have to wait for Android 8.0.0 (Oreo) to be ported to Snapdragon 615 devices.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MikeCriggs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2017, 07:54 PM |#109  
Honor Addict
Thanks Meter: 9,824

More
Quote:

I'll be attempting one more build. If it doesn't fix anything, then we'll have to wait for Android 8.0.0 (Oreo) to be ported to Snapdragon 615 devices.

We are msm8939v2 (snapdragon 616)
Even if in device part of CPU-Z app shows board as msm8916 ( It's clear we are NOT Snapdragon 410 ).
https://www.kimovil.com/en/list-smar...-616-msm8939v2
24th August 2017, 08:09 PM |#110  
Honor Fanatic
Flag Liberty, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam

We are msm8939v2 (snapdragon 616)
Even if in device part of CPU-Z app shows board as msm8916 ( It's clear we are NOT Snapdragon 410 ).
https://www.kimovil.com/en/list-smar...-616-msm8939v2

We don't use too much code from CAF 616 (8916) in Kiwi trees. We've been using CAF 615 (8939) for the most part. Other 615 devices have gotten a bunch of 616 CAF code. I'm not savvy enough anymore to port everything to our device. Kiwi was supposed to receive a Nougat update at some point from Huawei, but I don't think they're going to do it anymore and it's been a long time coming. If they do release a 7.1.X OEM update, then the device will definitely receive easy support for 8.X.X. Right now, we're using very old blobs that have been hacked together to work (somewhat) well with Nougat. This is a very great budget device. It'd be very sad to see it not get Oreo. Honestly, it depends on what CAF and Lineage OS (formerly CyanogenMod) does with it. But only time will tell. I'll link a Nougat build later.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeCriggs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2017, 12:21 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to easily root the Honor 5x? The one-touch apps don't work and I don't know which PC app would work. All I need before I flash this ROM is to do the full backup.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)