2 Honor 5x phones not getting B370 and B381 OTA

Search This thread

shashank1320

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
I mean Rajible said he has the B381 files for manual update via dload folder and I have the B370 files for manual update. I can manually update B370 first and then manually update B381
It should be of GB but i think you can go with this. I changed mine with 400 MB file by flashing the data file first and then main zip. Data file changed the version..go ahead please and good luck

vikrant1982

Apr 30, 2012
It should be of GB but i think you can go with this. I changed mine with 400 MB file by flashing the data file first and then main zip. Data file changed the version..go ahead please and good luck

"Flashing data file first and then the main zip" didn't quite get this point, maybe I am not aware of how to flash it properly manually. Could you please elaborate the procedure a bit for me. I have the B370 folder with a usual update .zip file that I know goes to the dload folder and then we just check for update locally from the sd card. What else do I need to do?

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
"Flashing data file first and then the main zip" didn't quite get this point, maybe I am not aware of how to flash it properly manually. Could you please elaborate the procedure a bit for me. I have the B370 folder with a usual update .zip file that I know goes to the dload folder and then we just check for update locally from the sd card. What else do I need to do?
Ok sorry. I thought of dload via link.
You get 2-3 zip files if you download full firmware. May not be able to guide on this. Try flahsing the file with twrp and see if it works.

vikrant1982

Apr 30, 2012
There may not be any further update apart from security update. And may be due to end of life support, 24 months promised updates, it may even not get it :(

I am not really looking out for new updates but, at least the ones that have been rolled out should be available for all the devices. Don't know why some 5x phones don't get the B370 and B381. B370 is a year old update.

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
Last updated package on firmware finder app was b360 and nothing after that. So he may not able to gind it as of now unless someone captured and shared.

vikrant1982

Apr 30, 2012
I need b370 zip file plz help me

Check out this repository, scroll down to your model of Honor 5x, has a link to download B370 for L-22. I haven't installed that B370 on my phone so can't comment if it really works but it looks like a legit dump of the update. I have also read that some people manually updated to B370 from B360 and the build version on their phone was not updated to B370 after the update process for which there was some workaround suggested which I don't remember so please do some more research before updating and post your findings if possible.

https://xdaforums.com/honor-5x/how-to/repository-honor-5x-file-depot-t3328288

jona_spdr

Apr 3, 2012
Alhaurín de la Torre (Málaga)
After some time, I have tried to update from B350 to B360 with Firmware Finder In-app proxy. The update starts to download, and when it starts to flash, after verifying package, there is an error. Any idea? Should it be because I have unlocked bootloader? I have updated from B330 to B340 & B350 with unlocked bootloader and OTA files... I don't know.... I need to update because B350 has a lot of car bluetooth issues