How to unlock the honor 5X bootloader

160 posts
Thanks Meter: 142

By wimbet, Huawei and honor Rep on 2nd February 2016, 10:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2016, 11:47 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mine was a sticker on the back of the phone. You can also see it in "About Phone"->Status

26th February 2016, 09:12 PM |#22  

More
website is still unavailable. I already wrote them but i haven't gotten an answer yet. I bought my cellphone in a website from Australia (I live in NZ) and I got a chinese version >. I'm trying to unlock the bootloader to see if I'm able to change the firmware.
29th February 2016, 03:31 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 304

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiarek

website is still unavailable. I already wrote them but i haven't gotten an answer yet. I bought my cellphone in a website from Australia (I live in NZ) and I got a chinese version >. I'm trying to unlock the bootloader to see if I'm able to change the firmware.

I also emailed and did online chat with support. They say that they don't support unlocked bootloader and it will void warranty. Talk about doubles standard....
1st May 2016, 01:21 PM |#24  

More
I want to unlock my honor 5x kiw l22 but while unlocking in adb I can't get the list of ddevices attached and not displaying serial number of phone in cmd winDow pls help
1st May 2016, 01:37 PM |#25  
Honor Enthusiast
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 3,275

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrkottappuram

I want to unlock my honor 5x kiw l22 but while unlocking in adb I can't get the list of ddevices attached and not displaying serial number of phone in cmd winDow pls help

did you enable developer options (settings / about / 7 clicks on build number) and turn on Android debugging in the settings ?
then you must authorize the phone in the popup window (tick remember this device)
11th May 2016, 03:28 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Unlock bootload
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmatter2

I had the same problem. Website would switch back to Chinese, and when I tried to go back to English I got the home screen or server busy (in Chinese). I finally just let it stay in Chinese and matched the fields with the English screen shot in the TWRP thread and I got through it and got the code. Have another problem with my phone's boot loader but that's for another thread.

Would you mind link me to the twrp thread? Been searching for it for an hour and couldn't find it. Thanks.
15th May 2016, 11:06 AM |#27  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Hello, how to relock boot loader?
28th May 2016, 01:44 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2,115

Donate to Me
More
If EMUI Site seems down...
The EMUI unlock site seemed down for me. I found that it was only down for the en language.

If you get the 600 error, try changing your language to chinese. I know it's a pain, but have the google translate plugin installed and I was able to progress quick enough through the dialogs to successfully get the unlock code for my phone.

Also, there's another guide in this forum that contains an alternate (paid) method. Search it out if you can't get anything else to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr4stic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dr4stic Ad-Free
3rd June 2016, 02:11 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr4stic

The EMUI unlock site seemed down for me. I found that it was only down for the en language.

If you get the 600 error, try changing your language to chinese. I know it's a pain, but have the google translate plugin installed and I was able to progress quick enough through the dialogs to successfully get the unlock code for my phone.

Also, there's another guide in this forum that contains an alternate (paid) method. Search it out if you can't get anything else to work.

Thanks! That worked for me. It wasn't too hard to figure out with the Google Translate extension. It failed with IMEI1, but gave me an unlock code with IMEI2.
9th June 2016, 09:24 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Thinking of getting this phone for a backup. I am just curious about the DRM not working after unlocking. I subscribe to Google music and Netflix. Has there been any problems? The warning says the DRM keys will be invalid after unlocking.
11th June 2016, 11:17 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2,115

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnciaccio

Thinking of getting this phone for a backup. I am just curious about the DRM not working after unlocking. I subscribe to Google music and Netflix. Has there been any problems? The warning says the DRM keys will be invalid after unlocking.

I haven't tried it with the honor, but I've unlocked MANY phones and Google Music has never been a problem. Apps rarely know if you're bootloader unlocked or not. They simply don't have access to that information. So it's doubtful that unlocking will make anything stop working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)