FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to unlock the honor 5X bootloader

160 posts
Thanks Meter: 142
 
By wimbet, Huawei and honor Rep on 2nd February 2016, 10:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2016, 11:17 AM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,115
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnciaccio

Thinking of getting this phone for a backup. I am just curious about the DRM not working after unlocking. I subscribe to Google music and Netflix. Has there been any problems? The warning says the DRM keys will be invalid after unlocking.

I haven't tried it with the honor, but I've unlocked MANY phones and Google Music has never been a problem. Apps rarely know if you're bootloader unlocked or not. They simply don't have access to that information. So it's doubtful that unlocking will make anything stop working.
 
 
11th June 2016, 01:59 PM |#32  
johnciaccio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
4.Some functions will no longer work after you unlock the bootloader. For example, you will no longer be able to use Digital Rights Management (DRM) keys and digital content that you have purchased. Upgrading software using Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) or a microSD card may fail or your device may not function properly after upgrading.

Says in the agreement. Never had a problem with other phones either.
16th June 2016, 06:45 PM |#33  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
issue with huawei site - for 2 weeks now, ubale to unlock bootloader
Hi,
I am desperately trying what should be simplest thing possible - just unlock bootloader.
I have ID from phone, but whenever I go to their official site and click "Unlock bootloader", after login (via my email account) it just spits some error-600 static page that says something along server is busy... for 2 freaking weeks, been checking this mornings, evenings etc. Details:

抱歉,服务器繁忙……
We're sorry but the server is busy...
服务器繁忙(6)。

如果您有时间......。
请截图发给我的版主。
请提供在点击哪个连接出现该页面。

点击以下链接继续浏览网站上的其它内容(emui.huawei.com):

返回首页


They did sent me activation email, and in both latest chrome and firefox it says "connection has been reset". Could this be the cause?


I wrote to them, no feedback for 2 weeks. I registered 2 accounts, just to be sure, same consistent failures.
I am already regretting deeply to buy such a piece of cr*p (never, ever, I mean EVER again anything HUAWEI), but what the hell - not giving up completely yet.
Can anybody help, anyhow?
The Following User Says Thank You to saiyajin01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saiyajin01 Ad-Free
16th June 2016, 07:53 PM |#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr4stic

I haven't tried it with the honor, but I've unlocked MANY phones and Google Music has never been a problem. Apps rarely know if you're bootloader unlocked or not. They simply don't have access to that information. So it's doubtful that unlocking will make anything stop working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnciaccio

4.Some functions will no longer work after you unlock the bootloader. For example, you will no longer be able to use Digital Rights Management (DRM) keys and digital content that you have purchased. Upgrading software using Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) or a microSD card may fail or your device may not function properly after upgrading.

Says in the agreement. Never had a problem with other phones either.

This has nothing to do with locked or unlocked bootloader BUT with root !
16th June 2016, 08:06 PM |#35  
johnciaccio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr4stic

I haven't tried it with the honor, but I've unlocked MANY phones and Google Music has never been a problem. Apps rarely know if you're bootloader unlocked or not. They simply don't have access to that information. So it's doubtful that unlocking will make anything stop working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobase40

This has nothing to do with locked or unlocked bootloader BUT with root !

Alright. Thanks. First time with s Chinese device do was just checking.
17th June 2016, 07:08 PM |#36  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnciaccio

Alright. Thanks. First time with s Chinese device do was just checking.

These has nothing to do with Chinese devices as most of your devices if not all are manufactured in China !
17th June 2016, 07:09 PM |#37  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,115
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyajin01

Hi,
I am desperately trying what should be simplest thing possible - just unlock bootloader.
I have ID from phone, but whenever I go to their official site and click "Unlock bootloader", after login (via my email account) it just spits some error-600 static page that says something along server is busy... for 2 freaking weeks, been checking this mornings, evenings etc. Details:

抱歉,服务器繁忙â?¦â?¦
We're sorry but the server is busy...
服务器繁忙(6)。

如果您有时间......。
请截图发给我的版主。
请提供在点击哪个连接出现该页面。

点击以下链接继续浏览网站上的其它内容(emui.huawei.com):

返回首页


They did sent me activation email, and in both latest chrome and firefox it says "connection has been reset". Could this be the cause?


I wrote to them, no feedback for 2 weeks. I registered 2 accounts, just to be sure, same consistent failures.
I am already regretting deeply to buy such a piece of cr*p (never, ever, I mean EVER again anything HUAWEI), but what the hell - not giving up completely yet.
Can anybody help, anyhow?

Here's some help... maybe try reading through this thread, maybe someone ran across the same bug and posted it. Just a little bit of effort on your part may help...
17th June 2016, 07:47 PM |#38  
johnciaccio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobase40

These has nothing to do with Chinese devices as most of your devices if not all are manufactured in China !

Referring to the software not the hardware. Several threads have stated the software such as MIUI and EMUI as a bit different then company's like Motorola, LG, Samsung, Sony..
17th June 2016, 10:37 PM |#39  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnciaccio

Referring to the software not the hardware. Several threads have stated the software such as MIUI and EMUI as a bit different then company's like Motorola, LG, Samsung, Sony..

I don't know mush about LG, Sony as I'm more accustomed with Samsung devices which are mostly sold with unlocked bootloader (may probably depend if you buy it to a phone carrier).

As long as you don't root your devices you will receive OTA updates. If you do root them, then you just get f***up in your a*s !

I don't know much about DRM as I don't care about them...

In the past LG, HTC, Sony sold their devices with bootloader locked, but this was the past, when they saw Samsung's market share... ^^

Motorola is very close to Nexus line but I owned one only for a month as I don't like Stock Android ROM...
17th June 2016, 11:04 PM |#40  
johnciaccio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Believe it or not but I prefer the Honor 5x over the Nexus 6. I like the size and general design. The Nexus 6 was just getting to be too big to leave in my pocket comfortably while working. Plus I am getting through almost two days with light use on the battery. Miss the amoled screen only. Stopped with the custom Roms now. And enjoy the GP scanner.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Btw most phones from the carrier's like. Verizon, Sprint here in the U.S. have been coming locked pretty hard. I mad a mistake and purchased a Samsung S6 from my carrier Verizon only to find out they locked out all the radio bands but their own. No more Samsung unless it is bootloader unlocked from now on.
20th June 2016, 09:26 PM |#41  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr4stic

The EMUI unlock site seemed down for me. I found that it was only down for the en language.

If you get the 600 error, try changing your language to chinese. I know it's a pain, but have the google translate plugin installed and I was able to progress quick enough through the dialogs to successfully get the unlock code for my phone.

Also, there's another guide in this forum that contains an alternate (paid) method. Search it out if you can't get anything else to work.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by change your language to chinese. Change browser language?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes