Search This thread

gopinaidu77

Jan 23, 2015
Moto G40 / G60

NAROUTO

May 31, 2016
Hell
You have to specify correct path ..
Or else extract minimal fastboot to a folder and put system.img in same folder and then flash .

U can flash system.img from this recovery .
This is build by my master yuweng .

http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=19454

System img and kernel recovery .all in the ADB folder. I don't know why I have this error only when trying to flash system.
Maybe my issue is using the 6.0.1 android recovery from the same rom that I am trying over 20 times flashing it via dload folder?

bb709394

Mar 16, 2012
@subodhverma21 , L22 already got b150 update and i posted ota link .

Try downloading stock twrp backup posted by me and restore it along with stock recovery and then install ota .

Sent from my KIW-L22 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Foolish me, forgetting to get a back-up my stock recovery image before flashing twrp. I have a KII-L05, a Canadian variant, but I will have access to a friend's unmodified, fully stock rom phone (no root, no bootloader unlock, etc). Any advice on how to extract the stock recovery image file from the phone prior to flashing twrp?

Been spoiled by Google Nexus devices and didn't realize it is so difficult to obtain full firmware from companies like Huawei. I have managed to find the OTA only which doesn't really help...

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Foolish me, forgetting to get a back-up my stock recovery image before flashing twrp. I have a KII-L05, a Canadian variant, but I will have access to a friend's unmodified, fully stock rom phone (no root, no bootloader unlock, etc). Any advice on how to extract the stock recovery image file from the phone prior to flashing twrp?

Been spoiled by Google Nexus devices and didn't realize it is so difficult to obtain full firmware from companies like Huawei. I have managed to find the OTA only which doesn't really help...

To get the stock recovery from that phone will require a full Wipe when you unlock the bootloader
Still interested ?

fastboot boot twrp.img
boots twrp and then you can backup stock recovery

gopinaidu77

Jan 23, 2015
Moto G40 / G60

Which stock ROM version u are currently On ?

bb709394

Mar 16, 2012
Which stock ROM version u are currently On ?

To get the stock recovery from that phone will require a full Wipe when you unlock the bootloader
Still interested ?

fastboot boot twrp.img
boots twrp and then you can backup stock recovery

Currently on EMUI 4.0 (MM 6.0.1) or aka KII-L05C654B330 with my rooted phone and already flashed twrp over the stock recovery image.

I will have access to a friend's phone which will have the same firmware but the bootloader will not be unlocked nor rooted. So essentially a fully stock rom. I want to extract the recovery image from this phone and flash it on my rooted phone (should I ever need to go back to stock or lock the bootloader again).

Ayaorei

Sep 25, 2012
New Delhi
tried the mfastboot method everythings done and then the phone just got to bootloop. i was trying b320 for l22.

majedjahjah

Sep 25, 2016
I have sony z and i flash custome nougat rom and when i back to restore my stock backup sometime the device not booting and other time the device boot normaly but the internal storage disappear !!! What i must do???

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Method 3:

Its not hard and not easy too but you required to download some tools .

Huawei update extractor tool (google for it)

Once downloaded open the tool and choose the path where you placed update.app in your PC .

Now the tool opens update.app .

Extract system.IMG and boot.IMG from update.app

Put them in the minimal fastboot folder.

Boot your phn to fastboot using command adb reboot bootloader .

Now connecting your phone to PC in bootloader mode , type the below commands

mfastboot.exe flash system system.img

mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img

mfastboot.exe reboot

That's it you are on stock ROM.

.............this method only ends in bootloop and doesn't work

m7mdmetwally

Jul 24, 2015
Dearb Negm City
This is fully a noob helping guide , Am just trying myself to help noobs instead of explaining them each time .

Method 1 :
Make a twrp backup soon after unlocking boot loader .

Am not going to explain how to unlock bootloader and also twrp flashing ,you can search different threads available in the same section .

Soon after unlocking bootloader , Just boot twrp before flashing it .

This can be done this way , Once you unlocked bootloader .
Upon firstboot ,just goto developer options and enable USB debugging and then Open the folder where you had setup minimal fastboot (Mfastboot v2 google for it) . You should have it as you can't unlock bootloader without minimal fastboot .
In any empty space in minimal fastboot exrracted folder , just press shift+right click and select "Open command prompt here" .

Now copy twrp recovery to Mfastboot folder .
Connect your phone to PC.
In command prompt type the below command

adb reboot bootloader

Hit enter ,

Now your phone reboots to bootloader .

Now type this command .

mfastboot.exe boot twrp.img

(Just rename the recovery to twrp.img before flashing )

Now just take a backup and keep it safe somewhere to access when required .

This is easy , but many may loose their twrp backup for some reasons or forgot to take a backup before stepping to custom ROMs , move to Method 2 if your in such group .

Method 2:

Download update.app from official site .

Extract and put dload folder in root of sdcard .

Power off the phone and press vol up+ vol down and power .

It will now fully flash stock ROM with all stock files .

(This method requires stock recovery so keep in mind to flash stock recovery before trying to update as twrp can't perform these tasks )

Method 3:

Once downloaded open the tool and choose the path where you placed update.app in your PC .

mfastboot.exe reboot

Method 4:

Flash the stock rom flashable zip posted by devs in your device specific threads and flash it .

Fully for noobs : METHOD 5:

Download the twrp backup posted in device specific threads and put it in sdcard and restore it. Its easy though .

Now your device is ready for flashing official updates "if you get them"[emoji14].

i tried method 3 and that what i have " error: cannot load 'SYSTEM.img " as shown in the attached image, what should i do in this case ?!
E0h7h5j.png

BaoBao.TwoB

Feb 19, 2018
I tried 15sfastboot tool are failed, but I succeeded with MfastBoot! Thanks you.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

i tried method 3 and that what i have " error: cannot load 'SYSTEM.img " as shown in the attached image, what should i do in this case ?!
E0h7h5j.png
Try mfastboot and flash file again!

Md Hafeez HS

Aug 10, 2018
Please help me,
If I install stock ROM using SD_Card/dload/UPDATE.APP with "Vol+,Vol-, Power", will the phone's bootloader lock again?
Please answer,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is fully a noob helping guide , Am just trying myself to help noobs instead of explaining them each time .

Method 1 :
    Make a twrp backup soon after unlocking boot loader .

Am not going to explain how to unlock bootloader and also twrp flashing ,you can search different threads available in the same section .

Soon after unlocking bootloader , Just boot twrp before flashing it .

This can be done this way , Once you unlocked bootloader .
    Upon firstboot ,just goto developer options and enable USB debugging and then Open the folder where you had setup minimal fastboot (Mfastboot v2 google for it) . You should have it as you can't unlock bootloader without minimal fastboot .
    In any empty space in minimal fastboot exrracted folder , just press shift+right click and select "Open command prompt here" .

Now copy twrp recovery to Mfastboot folder .
    Connect your phone to PC.
    In command prompt type the below command

adb reboot bootloader

Hit enter ,

Now your phone reboots to bootloader .

Now type this command .

mfastboot.exe boot twrp.img

(Just rename the recovery to twrp.img before flashing )

Now just take a backup and keep it safe somewhere to access when required .

This is easy , but many may loose their twrp backup for some reasons or forgot to take a backup before stepping to custom ROMs , move to Method 2 if your in such group .

Method 2:

Download update.app from official site .

Extract and put dload folder in root of sdcard .

Power off the phone and press vol up+ vol down and power .

It will now fully flash stock ROM with all stock files .

(This method requires stock recovery so keep in mind to flash stock recovery before trying to update as twrp can't perform these tasks )

Method 3:

mfastboot.exe reboot

Method 4:

Flash the stock rom flashable zip posted by devs in your device specific threads and flash it .

Fully for noobs : METHOD 5:

Download the twrp backup posted in device specific threads and put it in sdcard and restore it. Its easy though .

Now your device is ready for flashing official updates "if you get them"[emoji14].
    i try every method here and i found myself anytime with modaco custom rom in name build its normal ? ( sorry for my bad english )

Cache & Cust partitions need wiping and reflashing. Had the same issue when I reverted a Modaco rom back to stock.

Easiest method for L21 users is to flash this stock ROM: http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/377002-r3-custom-rom-starter-template-honor-5x-kiw-l21-b130/ then replace TWRP with the stock recovery image from http://xdaforums.com/honor-5x/development/repository-honor-5x-file-depot-t3328288

yes, the rom says "custom rom starter template" but it's the stock B130 UK ROM repackaged into a flashable ZIP. Much easier than messing around extracting system images.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

I should mention one thing. If you have gone back to stock after a custom ROM then you may find the internal storage partition is the wrong size. Just do a full factory reset from Settings to resolve this.
    @gopinaidu77
    Hello sir
    Does method 3 will have to be done with unlocked bootloader or locked one?
    Because nexuse devices need unlocking the bootloader before flashing factroy images
    Of course unlocked one.