FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Do Not Trust Google

503 posts
Thanks Meter: 111

By swukjay, Account currently disabled on 13th January 2018, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a Honor 5x running lineage 14 and I have noticed google services running amock, the main wakelocks I discovered was it constantly accessing gyro and sensors causing wakelocks, disabling the health option in sync helped but only slightly, I have also noticed several highly concerning privacy issues, since the 21st of dec google play service has received 73 sms messages, I never use sms or whatsapp or any other sms feature so explain that, I have now blocked that little daemon, it has also written 452 sms messages since the same time, good knows what about, I have now blocked that little daemon too, it also accessed my camera at 6 am in the morning twice on the 21st of December and accessed my microphone 5 time once at 6 am, all in all I have come to the conclusion its spyware, and until google release their source code I will never trust them, my advice is to be very careful when using your phone which has this many wakelocks, disable all voice and camera access via permissions, trust no one, I believe google is prism

13th January 2018, 02:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swukjay

I have a Honor 5x running lineage 14 and I have noticed google services running amock, the main wakelocks I discovered was it constantly accessing gyro and sensors causing wakelocks, disabling the health option in sync helped but only slightly, I have also noticed several highly concerning privacy issues, since the 21st of dec google play service has received 73 sms messages, I never use sms or whatsapp or any other sms feature so explain that, I have now blocked that little daemon, it has also written 452 sms messages since the same time, good knows what about, I have now blocked that little daemon too, it also accessed my camera at 6 am in the morning twice on the 21st of December and accessed my microphone 5 time once at 6 am, all in all I have come to the conclusion its spyware, and until google release their source code I will never trust them, my advice is to be very careful when using your phone which has this many wakelocks, disable all voice and camera access via permissions, trust no one, I believe google is prism

There are so much way to live without google services
The Following User Says Thank You to sbute For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbute Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 07:09 AM |#3  
Honor Enthusiast
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I stopped using gapps a while ago. Its a little difficult first, but free ram availability, performance and battery life are incredibly increased.
The Following User Says Thank You to ramritharaj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ramritharaj Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 09:29 AM |#4  

More
And privacy first for me
The Following User Says Thank You to sbute For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbute Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 12:44 PM |#5  
Honor Supporter
OP Account currently disabled

More
So how did you guys get past the location issues with weather widgets and stuff? I have read there is an alternative to gapps but that its a work in progress
14th January 2018, 01:37 PM |#6  

More
There's an app called simple weather on fdroid but I don't know about widget. Perhaps should you look at the microg project. I don't know much about weather apps it's always sunny here
15th January 2018, 07:00 PM |#7  
Honor Supporter
OP Account currently disabled

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbute

There's an app called simple weather on fdroid but I don't know about widget. Perhaps should you look at the microg project. I don't know much about weather apps it's always sunny here

Yes Im sure it is
8th November 2018, 04:45 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swukjay

Hi ! how did you found out about this ? sniffing ? I want to try myself.
Thanks.
8th December 2018, 11:17 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
More than likely a rogue app masked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)